Announcement

Collapse

Raptors Republic Android & iOS App

Hey guys and gals,

We're running a, how should I say, pilot or beta version of our new Raptors Republic app. We haven't made it official as we're still trying to work out some bugs while improving the user interface. So, its not the final version so expect to see more changes over the next while.

Anyhow, please feel free to download. Available on both Android & iPhone. It's absolutely free.

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rsrepublic.app

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-...6946?ls=1&mt=8

If we could ask a favour though. We're welcoming feedback and suggestions on perhaps things you'd like to see. At the end of the day we're doing this for you guys by making everything here easier available for you the user. Please send your feedback (Regardless if its positive or negative) to raptorsrepublic@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance and we hope you guys enjoy the application.
See more
See less

Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How this midget is still getting minute is beyond ridiculous
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

    Comment


    • I like Fred but he's been exposed in the playoffs. It has nothing to do with his size. He's missing open shots, he doesn't have the ice cold blood one needs for high pressure situations. I hope they can get back a shooter.

      Comment


      • Gotta hit some shots. Man alive. I mean, still better him than Powell (who is a disaster zone even when on fire like in this game) but man alive. Using both of them is seeming necessary to get rest for the starters, but it's really costing us. Mind you, if we are throwing stones in this one Serge gets the lion's share of the blame for the bench.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

        Comment


        • Apollo wrote: View Post
          I like Fred but he's been exposed in the playoffs. It has nothing to do with his size. He's missing open shots, he doesn't have the ice cold blood one needs for high pressure situations. I hope they can get back a shooter.
          The pressure is related to size and it's become mental now. The length of the team's we've been facing, and harder contests in the playoffs have forced him to speed up his shots. Now, he's rushing on normal contests or hesitating on wide open shots. It's put him out of rhythm and scared like everybody else.

          Comment


          • DanH wrote: View Post
            Gotta hit some shots. Man alive. I mean, still better him than Powell (who is a disaster zone even when on fire like in this game) but man alive. Using both of them is seeming necessary to get rest for the starters, but it's really costing us. Mind you, if we are throwing stones in this one Serge gets the lion's share of the blame for the bench.
            But On/Off, though.

            Comment


            • golden wrote: View Post

              But On/Off, though.
              Fred's on-offs have been awful, mostly because he can't hit shots.

              Of course, he hasn't been as big an issue as other bench players, but it would be real nice if we had the sharp shooting Fred of the seemingly distant past back.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

              Comment


              • DanH wrote: View Post

                Fred's on-offs have been awful, mostly because he can't hit shots.

                Of course, he hasn't been as big an issue as other bench players, but it would be real nice if we had the sharp shooting Fred of the seemingly distant past back.
                Or Austin Rivers (who I detest). Heck, even Shabazz Napier. Never thought I'd miss Lorenzo Brown either.

                Comment


                • golden wrote: View Post

                  Or Austin Rivers (who I detest). Heck, even Shabazz Napier. Never thought I'd miss Lorenzo Brown either.
                  Lorenzo Brown would be dramatically worse than FVV. Wright would sure look good. Would have been nice if Lin was a good player still, but sadly that's not the case. Ideally, though, OG Anunoby would help a lot if he got healthy. He could eat up all those extra wing and forward minutes that Ibaka and Norm are playing, plus push some of Kawhi's minutes to the 2, stopping FVV from having to play minutes beside Lowry when he's struggling so much.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

                  Comment


                  • DanH wrote: View Post

                    Lorenzo Brown would be dramatically worse than FVV. Wright would sure look good. Would have been nice if Lin was a good player still, but sadly that's not the case. Ideally, though, OG Anunoby would help a lot if he got healthy. He could eat up all those extra wing and forward minutes that Ibaka and Norm are playing, plus push some of Kawhi's minutes to the 2, stopping FVV from having to play minutes beside Lowry when he's struggling so much.
                    I was joking about Lorenzo Brown. Some guys just get unlimited chances with a coach and are put in positions where they simply can't fail (and still do). Other guys just can't do anything Wright.

                    Comment


                    • golden wrote: View Post

                      The pressure is related to size and it's become mental now. The length of the team's we've been facing, and harder contests in the playoffs have forced him to speed up his shots. Now, he's rushing on normal contests or hesitating on wide open shots. It's put him out of rhythm and scared like everybody else.
                      So distilled down..it looks like it is really tough going against the top 8 teams in the league in the playoffs ..where everyone plays relentless defense ....

                      I like FVV.....but pro sports is a tough business..If the belief is that they can become incrementally better at that position with a variety of factors taken into consideration....then they will do it..

                      until then..cheering for Freddy to make some shots...

                      Comment


                      • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

                        So distilled down..it looks like it is really tough going against the top 8 teams in the league in the playoffs ..where everyone plays relentless defense ....

                        I like FVV.....but pro sports is a tough business..If the belief is that they can become incrementally better at that position with a variety of factors taken into consideration....then they will do it..

                        until then..cheering for Freddy to make some shots...
                        The fundamental problem with the bench has been the inability to finish. Just look at last night. A lot of that early 4th quarter run would have been negated if Powell and FVV could have made shots. Powell even missed a layup. When that happens, your defense doesn't get set and the problems start to bleed over into every facet of play.

                        Now, I know that some people believe that a player has absolutely no control over whether a shot goes in or not but if you rarely make over a long stretch of time then perhaps there might be an issue beyond random chance. For me, I don't even blame FVV at this point, this is all on the coaching staff.

                        Comment


                        • golden wrote: View Post

                          Or Austin Rivers (who I detest). Heck, even Shabazz Napier. Never thought I'd miss Lorenzo Brown either.
                          What about Jeremy Lin!

                          Comment


                          • slaw wrote: View Post

                            The fundamental problem with the bench has been the inability to finish. Just look at last night. A lot of that early 4th quarter run would have been negated if Powell and FVV could have made shots. Powell even missed a layup. When that happens, your defense doesn't get set and the problems start to bleed over into every facet of play.

                            Now, I know that some people believe that a player has absolutely no control over whether a shot goes in or not but if you rarely make over a long stretch of time then perhaps there might be an issue beyond random chance. For me, I don't even blame FVV at this point, this is all on the coaching staff.

                            Comment


                            • I don't even want to dwell on the shot-making cause, again, this really was about a couple of bad coaching decisions at the start of the fourth quarter that swung a game Raps had control over.

                              We stayed near Puerto Vallarta - we were down there for an event so we stayed where we were told, which was a quasi-hotel/compound/house. Really nice but it was cook and clean up after yourself a lot, so not terribly relaxing when you have young kids to deal with as well. Wouldn't do it again if we had a choice even though the cost was cheaper than a resort....

                              Comment


                              • GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

                                How'd he finish top three in sixth man last year then?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X