Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dude is a stone cold baller. Has to be one of the better shooters in the league to boot.

    Comment


    • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      Dude is a stone cold baller. Has to be one of the better shooters in the league to boot.
      That 3 in KAT's face was fun.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

      Comment


      • I've been proven 100% wrong by Fred. At his size and with what he came into the League with, I didn't think he'd amount to anything and was kind of irritated they 'wasted' minutes on him.

        He keeps getting better each season and that's a major consideration going into his next contract. He hasn't peaked yet.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

        Comment


        • Hoosier2 wrote: View Post


          In all my years of playing, coaching, and analyzing basketball and then discussing basketball (and the attributes of basketball players) with others I have never disagreed with a comment more than this one from Golden ("Fred doesn't really elevate other players around him"). I am not sure how to even respond to this. I am going to save this comment then we will wait and see what happens to Fred. In the words of the Terminator, "I'll be bauck."
          That's just Golden. You'll get used to him.

          Comment


          • Freddy will get $20 mill per yr for sure. If Rozier gets 3yrs/58mil. Somebody pays Freddy at least 4/80mil. To keep Freddy the minimum market rate is $20mil per year. Raps would be kind of foolish to let Freddy walk. Best thing is to sign him and trade him for other pieces if they don't like his salary. Kyle getting older. Keeping Freddy is a good move and signing him facilitates a trade going forward IF THATS the route Masai wants to take. We own FVV Bird rights. have to use them.

            Comment


            • Between both the Ringer and the Athletic today I believe, both of them identifying Freddy as one of the top TWO free agents available. If we think the league is sleeping on this guy, or that we can get him on the cheap cause he’s not a superstar, we’re going to be sorely mistaken. Freddy is gonna get seriously paid by somebody, if not by us.

              I can only hope that this year Freddy gets every Finals MVP vote — and makes it a no brainer to do everything we can to keep him 😎

              Comment


              • i think there are some people here who would rather focus on hunting a white whale in the summer of 2021 than keeping the young core of a team that's really fucking good and just won a championship together, and i don't agree with that perspective.

                i include in that young core pascal, fred, OG, and terence davis. we should keep these guys. if we have a chance at the whale in the summer of 2021 we should have tradeable contracts and a creative front office that i trust would be able to create the space we need to land him. i don't foresee a re-signed FVV or OG turning into a toxic asset like wiggins or love or griffin.

                Comment


                • golden wrote: View Post


                  Powell and FVV have the exact same defensive impact rating. TD2 is not far behind... and he's just a rookie. With his physical tools, he could become elite. If TD stopped fouling 3-pt shooters, he'd probably already be pretty close to FVV.


                  Good point on the D-PIPM. I feel Norm's defence is underrated, an he as an overall player has been underrated too, particularly this year.

                  Like, without looking it up, which is Norm and which is Fred?:

                  Player A: 3P% = 40.1%; FT% = 84%; D-PIPM = 0.29; points/36 = 19; STL% = 1.9; BLK% = 1; TOV% = 12.0; PER = 16.7; Drtg = 106
                  Player B: 3P% = 39.6%; FT% = 84%; D-PIPM = 0.29; points/36 = 18; STL% = 2.1; BLK% = 1; TOV% = 11.6; PER = 16.8; Drtg = 106

                  A few hints to help you guess: they're both 25/26ish, both got passed by a lot of teams in the draft, both had a solid foundation on the 905, one 'bets on himself', one 'understands the grind', both are great teammates, both had huge improvements in their games after coming into contact with Fred Jr.
                  2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                  Comment


                  • chris wrote: View Post
                    i think there are some people here who would rather focus on hunting a white whale in the summer of 2021 than keeping the young core of a team that's really fucking good and just won a championship together, and i don't agree with that perspective.

                    i include in that young core pascal, fred, OG, and terence davis. we should keep these guys. if we have a chance at the whale in the summer of 2021 we should have tradeable contracts and a creative front office that i trust would be able to create the space we need to land him. i don't foresee a re-signed FVV or OG turning into a toxic asset like wiggins or love or griffin.
                    I don’t think anyone has suggested losing any of those 4 players to hunt a FA. In fact those 4 players are the constants in who to keep while going hunting. The questions that arise are players like Norm, or how long to re-sign Marc or Serge. The questions for FVV are less about going hunting than just player valuation and appropriate contract size.

                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

                    Comment


                    • DanH wrote: View Post

                      I don’t think anyone has suggested losing any of those 4 players to hunt a FA. In fact those 4 players are the constants in who to keep while going hunting. The questions that arise are players like Norm, or how long to re-sign Marc or Serge. The questions for FVV are less about going hunting than just player valuation and appropriate contract size.
                      there are definitely posters who have expressed an unwillingness to pay fred his anticipated market value so as to not screw up the cap sheet for 2021. i would guess those same posters will have similar qualms when it comes time to extend OG.

                      Comment


                      • chris wrote: View Post

                        there are definitely posters who have expressed an unwillingness to pay fred his anticipated market value so as to not screw up the cap sheet for 2021. i would guess those same posters will have similar qualms when it comes time to extend OG.
                        But we don't need to extend OG. He'll be RFA. We can hunt for a FA and keep OG at whatever value the market decides with no real impact of one on the other.

                        We could sign Fred to his max and not screw up 2021 so long as we move Norm (who won't likely play into 2021 anyway). The concerns with Fred's salary should be long term viability past 2021, not that summer.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

                        Comment


                        • Glad you bet on yourself -- and glad you bet on us today, Fred.

                          Looking forward to watching you continue to grow in the years ahead.

                          Comment


                          • Glad to keep FVV around, but honestly, I'm hoping that Flynn is starter material, FVV is a great combo guard, but hopefully Lowry sticks around until Flynn is ready, if Flynn pans out.

                            Comment


                            • Quirk wrote: View Post
                              Glad to keep FVV around, but honestly, I'm hoping that Flynn is starter material, FVV is a great combo guard, but hopefully Lowry sticks around until Flynn is ready, if Flynn pans out.
                              Very hopeful about Flynn. I like smart ballers. Lowry, Gasol, VV (most of the time). I would put OG in the category of pretty smart and getting smarter, along with Siakim. I think Flynn is already there. Smaller guys that contribute to their teams as much as he did in his last year in college have to be smart. I think he may be a rotation guy this year, which will be huge if it offloads minutes from Lowry. And he has a mid-range game. I don't see him starting a lot of games this year, but the ones he does start, he won't be bringing the ball up and pounding it around the perimeter for 15 seconds that way that Fred sometimes does. On the other hand, I don't think Fred does that as much this year. Last season in the bubble was a big learning opportunity for Fred and the team.

                              Comment


                              • Now bring back Gasol and grab Whiteside on one year deals for all the money, who cares how much.



                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X