Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Powell and FVV have the exact same defensive impact rating. TD2 is not far behind... and he's just a rookie. With his physical tools, he could become elite. If TD stopped fouling 3-pt shooters, he'd probably already be pretty close to FVV.

Makes me sad to think about what could have been. I was totally counting on TD in projecting how the Raptors would fare this coming season. I don't see how the team doesn't move on from Davis. I hope for his sake he pulls his shit together. Maybe makes it on another team or in Europe. Too bad.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

Makes me sad to think about what could have been. I was totally counting on TD in projecting how the Raptors would fare this coming season. I don't see how the team doesn't move on from Davis. I hope for his sake he pulls his shit together. Maybe makes it on another team or in Europe. Too bad.
      Please tell me you didnt do it TD and its just a money grab. Im not happy going into the 2020-21 eason

Comment

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post

Please tell me you didnt do it TD and its just a money grab. Im not happy going into the 2020-21 eason
        I mean I'm with the #believewomen and such anyway but like

What money is there to grab?? TD's not rly rich yet...

#McCawbackup2020
        #KAWHIatPG2021

Comment

• Getting the bag comes with higher expectations.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Getting the bag comes with higher expectations.
            You've earned it and still have to earn it Freddy....
            You guys do realize he's being paid top 50 in the league

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

You've earned it and still have to earn it Freddy....
              You guys do realize he's being paid top 50 in the league
              20 guys get to the all-star team every year. That leaves 30 other guys to make up the total of fifty guys. Do you really have any doubt that Freddy deserves a spot as one of those thirty other guys?
              Last edited by Puffer; Tue Nov 24, 2020, 03:04 PM.

Comment

20 guys get to the all-star team every year. That leaves 30 other guys to make up the total of fifty guys. Do you really have any doubt that Freddy deserves a spot as one of those thirty other guys?
                Sorry but what does that have to do with what I wrote?

Just like every other player, you earn the big cheques based on what the team expects you to develop into or continue to do. You gotta earn it now. The team actually hopes you play above the contract.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Sorry but what does that have to do with what I wrote?

Just like every other player, you earn the big cheques based on what the team expects you to develop into or continue to do. You gotta earn it now. The team actually hopes you play above the contract.
                  My mistake, if you didn't mean it in the sense that Freddy was getting paid more than he deserved. In a free market you kind of hope that a top 50 guy get's a top fifty salary. In the last 4 years I haven't seen anything to suggest he is just going to settle after getting a big contract. Him asking for a player option in the 4th year tells me he is counting on being worth more than $21 million in that year. What makes you think he is just going to coast for three years? Or maybe I am misinterpreting that as well.

I didn't see anything in your first post about the top paid 50 guys meeting team expectations, I thought it was related to how good they were and how much they were getting paid.

Comment

My mistake, if you didn't mean it in the sense that Freddy was getting paid more than he deserved. In a free market you kind of hope that a top 50 guy get's a top fifty salary. In the last 4 years I haven't seen anything to suggest he is just going to settle after getting a big contract. Him asking for a player option in the 4th year tells me he is counting on being worth more than $21 million in that year. What makes you think he is just going to coast for three years? Or maybe I am misinterpreting that as well.

I didn't see anything in your first post about the top paid 50 guys meeting team expectations, I thought it was related to how good they were and how much they were getting paid.
                    Fred is the product of opportunity and situation. You put him on the Kings and he's a journeyman like Raul Neto. Full kudos to Fred and his agent for leveraging the organization to get paid way more than he deserves. He's not a top 50 guy in the league, in any way, shape or form. He's basically the current version of Patty Mills. 4/5ths of that salary should to go to Lowry, Nurse, Siakam and Kawhi.

Comment

• He was well within the top 40 in both winshares and vorp. So I'd say top 50 is pretty clear.

Comment

Fred is the product of opportunity and situation. You put him on the Kings and he's a journeyman like Raul Neto. Full kudos to Fred and his agent for leveraging the organization to get paid way more than he deserves. He's not a top 50 guy in the league, in any way, shape or form. He's basically the current version of Patty Mills. 4/5ths of that salary should to go to Lowry, Nurse, Siakam and Kawhi.
                        Every comp you mention 1. can't play defense to save their lives while Fred is easily a top 10 defensive guard in the league. Also, there is a tangible difference in Fred's shot-making ability and consistency when compared with Trey Burke and Raul Neto. That stuff actually matters. Be better, golden.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                          Be better, golden.
                          Be better, yes.

BUT...

​

Comment

It was simply a comment on Freddy asking the ink stained wretches not to start bagging on him now he has the big contract.
                            The way out of that is simply to make sure you're earning it.

Not every comment has to be taken in light of praising or criticizing players. Sometimes it's just a comment....

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

Every comp you mention 1. can't play defense to save their lives while Fred is easily a top 10 defensive guard in the league. Also, there is a tangible difference in Fred's shot-making ability and consistency when compared with Trey Burke and Raul Neto. That stuff actually matters. Be better, golden.
                              Trey Burke is a significantly better shot creator and offensive player than Fred. He can break down a defense in the half court and score in the mid-range. That mattered the most for our offense in the last playoffs. He’s also just as good a 3-pt shooter as Fred. Fred is a better defender, yes, but is that trade off worth an extra $18M/yr to watch Fred dribble the ball for 15 seconds and then pass it to Lowry or Pascal to make something happen? I mean Fred was basically a pylon guarding Kemba, so how valuable was that top 10 guard defense anyway?

Definitely want to be proven wrong that he’s worth that contract.

Comment

Trey Burke is a significantly better shot creator and offensive player than Fred. He can break down a defense in the half court and score in the mid-range. That mattered the most for our offense in the last playoffs. He’s also just as good a 3-pt shooter as Fred. Fred is a better defender, yes, but is that trade off worth an extra $18M/yr to watch Fred dribble the ball for 15 seconds and then pass it to Lowry or Pascal to make something happen? I mean Fred was basically a pylon guarding Kemba, so how valuable was that top 10 guard defense anyway?

Definitely want to be proven wrong that he’s worth that contract.
                                Hope he reads this one.

Keep on betting on yourself, Freddy. Let’s go.

Comment

Working...
                                X