Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
    No kidding. If you redo that draft now, where do they go? All 3 guys are close to together. I'd have the following ahead of them (and that's a MAYBE to a few of these guys): Simmons, J Murray, Ingram, Brown, Brogdon. Poeltl is actually only behind Simmons in the advanced stuff like Win Shares and VORP.. Poeltl is probably anywhere from 3-5 in a redo, with Siakam and undrafted FVV inserted in the 5-9 range. It's awesome

Granted it looks like a pretty weak draft so far, but I guess that makes it even more impressive that you found THREE pro's
    At this moment I would put them at 9, 10 & 11 overall. Its still too early to tell but a year after the draft results favored a major steal of both Siakam & Van Vleet while Poetlt being a good pick at his selection all thanks to trading Bargnani for that pick who's value dropped to zero almost a year later.

Comment

• Really great article on The Athletic about FVV from Eric Koreen. And the article's free for 24hours.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
        Really great article on The Athletic about FVV from Eric Koreen. And the article's free for 24hours.
        Great find. Thanks.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Will Fred agree for 2 year deal MLE?! I hope so!

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
            Will Fred agree for 2 year deal MLE?! I hope so!
            That's probably worst case scenario for the Raptors. Very unlikely any team drops an offer significantly larger than the MLE, and the Raptors would much prefer to have a long term deal in place than a short term one, as the next two years are where the money matters most.

I'm hoping for a roughly tax-MLE sized deal for Fred (cap hit of 5-6M), 4 year deal with a player option, maybe? That's what I'd offer if I were the Raps (with slightly more backloading with the higher raises his Early Bird rights provide for, to buy a little wiggle room the next couple summers, and to incentivize taking the player option as much as possible). And if he can find a full MLE offer on the market, good for him. Then it's just a numbers game whether the team will match.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Comment

• I think fred has very much passed both delon and norm in terms of long term importance, if there were "budgetary concerns" this summer.
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Really great article on The Athletic about FVV from Eric Koreen. And the article's free for 24hours.
                  Thanks for this. Also, that Backstreet Boys analogy is just too funny for the bench mob.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    I think fred has very much passed both delon and norm in terms of long term importance, if there were "budgetary concerns" this summer.
                    Uhh yeah.

I don't talk about VV > Wright anymore because it's not even close anymore.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      Uhh yeah.

I don't talk about VV > Wright anymore because it's not even close anymore.
                      But Fred > Norm is something nobody saw coming
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I think Fred is a great shot maker but delon has a much bigger impact on the game. They’re both really important and we desperately need shot makers so FVV definitely deserves the minutes he’s getting.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                          I think Fred is a great shot maker but delon has a much bigger impact on the game. They’re both really important and we desperately need shot makers so FVV definitely deserves the minutes he’s getting.
                          Umm... Nah. Barely anybody's had a bigger impact over the last 20 games than FVV has.

Comment

Umm... Nah. Barely anybody's had a bigger impact over the last 20 games than FVV has.
                            Fred has been more consistent due to his shooting and aggressive style but Delon tend to experience high & low's and is a better defender. I think its best the Raps hang on to these two especially since Lowry has 2 more years on his contract and at this stage I believe that we should go another direction afterwards.

Comment

• I agree that they should keep both, especially with Lowry obviously beginning to deteriorate. Eventually they'll want to find another star point guard but these two can provide stability for years. I still think Delon has a lot of improvement ahead of him. He has a lot of talent but FVV just has amazing maturity and poise for such a young player. They play well together too. Considering how bleak our draft pick situation is at present it's a lucky thing that these two have worked out so well.

Comment

• Fun statistic

Fred is 12th in the league in total plus/minus at +324. Each of the other 11 players ahead of him plays at least 10 more minutes per game, with the exception of OK Tucker who plays 9 mpg more than Fred.

Fred's the only sub-20 mpg player on the list until you get to #23 - Jakob Poeltl

Comment

Working...
                                X