No announcement yet.

Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So is Nurse just clueless then? He was saying that Fred was getting healthier and now this?

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
      So is Nurse just clueless then? He was saying that Fred was getting healthier and now this?
      Ding Ding Ding
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
        So is Nurse just clueless then? He was saying that Fred was getting healthier and now this?
        Fred said he did this just the other day. I think it was after Nurse mentioned that his various injuries were improving.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
          Don’t worry. Give him a few weeks to heal and he’ll be in a good place
          Damn. That's good.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
            Fred said he did this just the other day. I think it was after Nurse mentioned that his various injuries were improving.
            Thumb injury happened during the Knick game going for a steal..
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• What i don't get is everyone around the team has been talking about how fred has been banged up all year. Leo mentioned on the broadcast last game he has been dealing with a bad back all season. I'm not sure if he misspoke thinking of lowry of fred does have a bad back. you never really know with leo. But just sit the fucking guy down to heal? like stop rolling him out their if he's dealing with all these injurys. They say freds a competitor and he hates missing time for injury but its not his dam job to decide if he plays. This could have potential been avoided if they were cautious with his health from the get go. All in all tho he hasnt been playing well and this will allow JLIN to get used to our system with lots of time. could end up being a blessing in disguise. It's just frustrating when you compare how the deal with kawhi to lowry and fvv. If were really playing for april and june kyles and fvvs health should be a main priority.
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                What i don't get is everyone around the team has been talking about how fred has been banged up all year. Leo mentioned on the broadcast last game he has been dealing with a bad back all season. I'm not sure if he misspoke thinking of lowry of fred does have a bad back. you never really know with leo. But just sit the fucking guy down to heal? like stop rolling him out their if he's dealing with all these injurys. They say freds a competitor and he hates missing time for injury but its not his dam job to decide if he plays. This could have potential been avoided if they were cautious with his health from the get go. All in all tho he hasnt been playing well and this will allow JLIN to get used to our system with lots of time. could end up being a blessing in disguise. It's just frustrating when you compare how the deal with kawhi to lowry and fvv. If were really playing for april and june kyles and fvvs health should be a main priority.
                No amount of rest was gonna prevent a thumb ligament injury.

I agree about it potentially being a blessing in disguise though... hopefully this can get his body fully right.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                  No amount of rest was gonna prevent a thumb ligament injury.

I agree about it potentially being a blessing in disguise though... hopefully this can get his body fully right.
                  probably not but when you put a guy out their whose not 100% to play in the top level of competition in the world you arn't doing him any favors. Especially a guy who plays as hard and physical as fred. Who know maybe his back hurts, he trys to drive the lane doesnt have enough lift and get slammed to the ground like he often does landing on his thumb and tearing his ligament. Probaly a freak injury that couldn't be avoided but playing at less then 100% does put you at a higher chance of risking other injurys. Dont like how we treat kyle and fred like demolishion derby cars, while kawhi gets the care of a collector car. We havent even been able to put the throttle down and see what this thing can really do on the highway the entire season cause of those approaches.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                    What i don't get is everyone around the team has been talking about how fred has been banged up all year. Leo mentioned on the broadcast last game he has been dealing with a bad back all season. I'm not sure if he misspoke thinking of lowry of fred does have a bad back. you never really know with leo. But just sit the fucking guy down to heal? like stop rolling him out their if he's dealing with all these injurys. They say freds a competitor and he hates missing time for injury but its not his dam job to decide if he plays. This could have potential been avoided if they were cautious with his health from the get go. All in all tho he hasnt been playing well and this will allow JLIN to get used to our system with lots of time. could end up being a blessing in disguise. It's just frustrating when you compare how the deal with kawhi to lowry and fvv. If were really playing for april and june kyles and fvvs health should be a main priority.
                    Underrated point. If it was really "ALL BOUT DA MAY AND JUNE" as Kawhi and the organization have decided was their mantra, you'd see Lowry and others sitting more often. But it's been the opposite with them, they play through perhaps too much. Clearly shows this is a Kawhi camp load management plan, not a Toronto Raptors load management plan
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Just trying to keep up here, so check me if I'm wrong:

1. We get pissed at Lowry when he plays banged up and shoots 30% from 3
                      2. We get pissed at Fred when he plays banged up and looks like an overpaid role player
                      3. We get pissed at Kawhi when he rests injuries and aims to be healthy for the playoffs

Have I got it? Either way, I'm pissed!
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Just trying to keep up here, so check me if I'm wrong:

2. We get pissed at Fred when he plays banged up and looks like an overpaid role player
                        3. We get pissed at Kawhi when he rests injuries and aims to be healthy for the playoffs

Dont blame fred and kyle playing on them its on the coaching staff to sit them. I'm not mad at kawhi resting i seem to be in the minority that says appease him and try to get him to stay. I just want consistency. The biggest threat to great teams is health problems. We should be easing on the side of caution with everyone if our goal is the title

Comment

It’s the internet bruh.

Comment

Nurse said they found a problem with Lowry’s shooting mechanics that they apparently fixed. Everybody immediately makes excuses for Lowry’s poor play using injuries.

Comment

• I'm waiting for the "What is it with Fred? Is he made of glass," rants to start.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                                I'm waiting for the "What is it with Fred? Is he made of glass," rants to start.
                                The fact that nobody is concerned about Fred being hurt is, in itself, speaking volumes. I'm seeing more "blessing in disguise" sentiment. lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X