No announcement yet.

Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Size is not going to change against Bucks. FVV struggled against Orlando.
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      Size is not going to change against Bucks. FVV struggled against Orlando.
      I don't think FVV's issues are with the length specifically so much as completely incorrect usage. As they have been all year, with the length aspect only exaggerating those issues.

I was just saying, the quotes there do not reflect a "playoffs are different" position, they are commenting on the length of the 76ers.

That said, the Bucks are not the freaky length team the 76ers are. In certain spots, yes, but not at guard. And they love leaving shooters wide open - if FVV struggles there, it will be because he's being used wrong, not because of the opposition's length. Which is quite possible, he's been used wrong most of the year and the entire playoff run.

In any case, really hoping for an OG return if we make it to facing the Bucks, really reduces the number of minutes you have to rely on any single backup player for, and may completely remove Norm from the rotation.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I don't think FVV's issues are with the length specifically so much as completely incorrect usage. As they have been all year, with the length aspect only exaggerating those issues.

I was just saying, the quotes there do not reflect a "playoffs are different" position, they are commenting on the length of the 76ers.

That said, the Bucks are not the freaky length team the 76ers are. In certain spots, yes, but not at guard. And they love leaving shooters wide open - if FVV struggles there, it will be because he's being used wrong, not because of the opposition's length. Which is quite possible, he's been used wrong most of the year and the entire playoff run.

In any case, really hoping for an OG return if we make it to facing the Bucks, really reduces the number of minutes you have to rely on any single backup player for, and may completely remove Norm from the rotation.
        Do you actually watch games? The Bucks aren't leaving wide open shooters. They are closing out hard and the Celtics are rushing their shots, or having to pump fake and step in for a mid-range against a secondary defender. Not an expert, but I think that contributed somewhat to the Celtics shooting 20 something percent from 3. If you can't accept that playoff defense is different and more intense than the regular season, then there's no discussion to be had here.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Do you actually watch games? The Bucks aren't leaving wide open shooters. They are closing out hard and the Celtics are rushing their shots, or having to pump fake and step in for a mid-range against a secondary defender. Not an expert, but I think that contributed somewhat to the Celtics shooting 20 something percent from 3. If you can't accept that playoff defense is different and more intense than the regular season, then there's no discussion to be had here.
          The Celtics have gotten 20 wide open threes per game in the 2nd round on which they are shooting 40%.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Golden:"Do you actually watch games? The Bucks aren't leaving wide open shooters."

DanH wrote: View Post

The Celtics have gotten 20 wide open threes per game in the 2nd round on which they are shooting 40%.
            Why do you even reply Dan? What's the point? I mean when you are discussing a point with someone who is talking out of their ass?

Comment

• Tonight was like a redemption game for Fred. I don't think he was a minus contributor. Didn't try to overplay in his role. Played within himself. Stayed out of the trees. Good on him.

Comment

• Iam so done with this scrub. I could never root for him now.

Comment

• get this fucking midget off this team

Comment

• Shitty version of DJ Augustin

Comment

• I want bith FVV and Powell gone next year.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• After Toronto this guy will play in China. Not NBA player

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          After Toronto this guy will play in China. Not NBA player
                          How'd he finish top three in sixth man last year then?

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

He didnt deserve it. Bench mob was product of all 5 guys not him. He got exposed.

Comment

• I think people have seen enough from him. No?

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

ah now i get it why you went out of your way the other night lol.

Damn, I cant hardly wait you needling The Claw when Fred Van Vleet will score 10 points next time around. Lmao

Comment

Working...
                                X