Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Fred made 16 threes against the Warriors.
    wow

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
      After the birth of his son, Fred shot 53% from 3 over 9 games.
      The funniest line was when Fred was saying something "I wish I never told you guys about my kid, so you'd be givin' me all the credit." Haha

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        What a big-balls player. Wow. Brought it home for us.
        FVV probably:

Comment

• This is cool

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            This is cool

Wow I never saw this before. Big ups to Freddy. Dude is official now. Dude is a Champ.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              damn the player he turned into in these playoffs have been incredible.
              All match ups though. It wasn't a mirage that he was unplayable against Philly - that team is huge and it was really hard to put Fred in a position to succeed.

But as a small but stout defensive bulldog, he was perfect for guarding Curry as well as anybody can and he lit up GS on the other end because Curry's defence sucks. That doesn't necessarily happen against a lot of PG's in the league who would have better length and ability than Curry.

Not taking anything away, but especially for the role players the playoffs are all about match ups. It's just your superstars who dominate no matter who's wearing the other jerseys.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

All match ups though. It wasn't a mirage that he was unplayable against Philly - that team is huge and it was really hard to put Fred in a position to succeed.

But as a small but stout defensive bulldog, he was perfect for guarding Curry as well as anybody can and he lit up GS on the other end because Curry's defence sucks. That doesn't necessarily happen against a lot of PG's in the league who would have better length and ability than Curry.

Not taking anything away, but especially for the role players the playoffs are all about match ups. It's just your superstars who dominate no matter who's wearing the other jerseys.
                Ideally, we should still upgrade size and athleticism at the point guard or combo guard spot. Fred's role ended up being primarily off-ball as a 5'10" shooting guard - which has been talked about here on RR for the whole season. And Lowry and FVV were unplayable against the Sixers and for most of the Milwaukee series. Raps are lucky that Lowry can guard guys much bigger than him in the post, but taller shooting guards like Klay can shoot over Lowry/FVV at times.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I'd really see how high Fred's trade value has increased and try to get an upgrade somewhere.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Ideally, we should still upgrade size and athleticism at the point guard or combo guard spot. Fred's role ended up being primarily off-ball as a 5'10" shooting guard - which has been talked about here on RR for the whole season. And Lowry and FVV were unplayable against the Sixers and for most of the Milwaukee series. Raps are lucky that Lowry can guard guys much bigger than him in the post, but taller shooting guards like Klay can shoot over Lowry/FVV at times.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I'd really see how high Fred's trade value has increased and try to get an upgrade somewhere.
                  Maybe Jeremy Lin will be available....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

even better...De Colo
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Or DJ Augustin. lol. Sell high.

Comment

• Rockford's support for Fred VanVleet is still one of my favorite things about this postseason. Guess who's apparently getting a hero's welcome this weekend?

https://www.mystateline.com/news/loc...g-celebration/

Comment

• I am wondering what Fred works on this summer. If the Raptors roll it back with essentially the same team, then they are counting on internal development to have an impact. So what does Fred work on?

His worst habit to me is taking so long to initiate anything on offense. I hope he watches a ton of playoff tape. If he does it will be obvious to him that he wasted 8 -10 seconds on almost every possession. I hope this jumps out at him. And he works on developing some set plays he can initiate so that all the Raptors on the floor know what is going to happen and he can just jump into it. Hopefully, Nurse can work with him, or one of the assistant coaches can be assigned to him to get his shit together on offense.

Comment

• TheWaterboy wrote: View Post
                            Rockford's support for Fred VanVleet is still one of my favorite things about this postseason. Guess who's apparently getting a hero's welcome this weekend?

https://www.mystateline.com/news/loc...g-celebration/
                            "At 1:30 p.m. Saturday, resident are encouraged to gather at Rockford City Hall, at 425 E State Street, to “Dribble the City.”

Rockford needs a a better Marketing Department ....

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                              I am wondering what Fred works on this summer. If the Raptors roll it back with essentially the same team, then they are counting on internal development to have an impact. So what does Fred work on?

His worst habit to me is taking so long to initiate anything on offense. I hope he watches a ton of playoff tape. If he does it will be obvious to him that he wasted 8 -10 seconds on almost every possession. I hope this jumps out at him. And he works on developing some set plays he can initiate so that all the Raptors on the floor know what is going to happen and he can just jump into it. Hopefully, Nurse can work with him, or one of the assistant coaches can be assigned to him to get his shit together on offense.
                              Needs to work on his pick & roll timing with bigs. Fred's bounce passes are rarely in Serge's sweet spot. He needs to learn from Lowry.

Comment

• Fred also needs to make quicker decisions with the ball.. he's generally unplayable against teams with big guards.. like we saw against Philly and Orlando. Perhaps focus on the mid range shot and not so much on the 3-ball. He can get by his guy with a good pick.. then drain the shot if he's open. Don't keep dribbling waiting for something else to happen killing the clock while he's at it.

Nurse loves Fred.. and he's going to be getting a tone of minutes next year.. he's also a UFA and will be looking for another big contract. So it's another prove-em year for him next year. Although if he was a free agent this year.. I could see some teams giving him $20M a year. He had a Biyombo like performance in the finals.

Comment

Working...
                                X