No announcement yet.

Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's easy to forget that this past season was only really his second year in the NBA. His first year he barely played any NBA games, let alone minutes. Hopefully he is healthy to start the season and can take a jump in his 'third' season.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      It's easy to forget that this past season was only really his second year in the NBA. His first year he barely played any NBA games, let alone minutes. Hopefully he is healthy to start the season and can take a jump in his 'third' season.
      True enough. It's not just Siakim that can make a step forward this coming season. Fred, Siakim, AND OG, not to mention the end of the bench guys. If Chris graduates to number 10 man, he can provide some very real relief for the guys that are getting older. 3-5 minutes of extra time on the bench can make a big difference in production for someone like Gasol or Serge.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

True enough. It's not just Siakim that can make a step forward this coming season. Fred, Siakim, AND OG, not to mention the end of the bench guys. If Chris graduates to number 10 man, he can provide some very real relief for the guys that are getting older. 3-5 minutes of extra time on the bench can make a big difference in production for someone like Gasol or Serge.
        I think Boucher is nba ready as far as shooting and blocked shots, hes just not positionally sound. I'd like to see him in some type of fairly consistent bench role next season. Preserve gasol for the playoffs as much as possible
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Yeah I think Gasol should get the Kawhi treatment with regards to load management. Would be nice to see him get under 70 games for the year. I'd like a more capable 3rd center though. Lots to pick from in free agency.. we might get one for the minimum.

I like Boucher but I don't think Nurse trusts him enough.. otherwise Moose wouldn't have played as much as he did when JV went down.

Comment

• Guys like Siakam and Boucher need to get a steroid endorsement and pack on 20-30 pounds of muscle

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
              Guys like Siakam and Boucher need to get a steroid endorsement and pack on 20-30 pounds of muscle
              Nah, we already made JV bigger than we should have, and I'd rather we didn't do it again to Siakam. Lol JV had more of a Gobert type build before we made him eat his way from 230lbs to 265lbs.

Siakams build is such a huge factor to hi0s game, and he would lose too much of what has made him successful.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                Yeah I think Gasol should get the Kawhi treatment with regards to load management. Would be nice to see him get under 70 games for the year. I'd like a more capable 3rd center though. Lots to pick from in free agency.. we might get one for the minimum.

I like Boucher but I don't think Nurse trusts him enough.. otherwise Moose wouldn't have played as much as he did when JV went down.
                Yeah, they'll need to make a call as to whether Boucher can realistically be in the rotation. Seems real questionable at this point.... Think they'll need to add a big.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Nah, we already made JV bigger than we should have, and I'd rather we didn't do it again to Siakam. Lol JV had more of a Gobert type build before we made him eat his way from 230lbs to 265lbs.

Siakams build is such a huge factor to hi0s game, and he would lose too much of what has made him successful.
                  Pascal is 6'9" and listed at 230, I bet his playing weight is 220. He could add 20 pounds of muscle and not lose a step of quickness but also bull his way in or back his man down a little more effectively.
                  Last edited by G__Deane; Wed Jun 26, 2019, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Pascal is 6'9" and listed at 230, I bet his playing weight is 220. He could add 20 pounds of muscle and not lose a step of quickness but also bull his way in or back his man down a little more effectively.
                    I'm not sure anyone can add 20 pounds of muscle and not lose a step of quickness ... But so anyway, you basically want Pascal to have Lebrons build? Because that's pretty much what that looks like. Lol

Comment

Guys like Siakam and Boucher need to get a steroid endorsement and pack on 20-30 pounds of muscle
                      That's too much lol
                      5 -7 pounds is enough
                      Spicy's game is hinged on quickness and agility.
                      He is more Pip than Draymond.
                      Kawhi gained more pounds and he is noticeably slower but it's fine coz he is fundamentally sound and crafty with a solid midrange game.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

That's too much lol
                        5 -7 pounds is enough
                        Spicy's game is hinged on quickness and agility.
                        He is more Pip than Draymond.
                        Kawhi gained more pounds and he is noticeably slower but it's fine coz he is fundamentally sound and crafty with a solid midrange game.
                        Would agree with that. For basketball, it's sometimes much better to be "wiry strong" like Tayshaun or how Giannis is now.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

I'm not sure anyone can add 20 pounds of muscle and not lose a step of quickness ... But so anyway, you basically want Pascal to have Lebrons build? Because that's pretty much what that looks like. Lol
                          Yeah that would be awful if Spicy morphed into lebron
                          ....but kept his own personality

Comment

• Before the Raptors, there was Wichita State. That’s where Fred VanVleet was ‘destined to be something great’

Steve Forbes, assistant coach: I remember my second year when we played Utah, and they had Delon Wright [...] It was my scout. We were in the middle of the game, and we were having a hard time guarding him, and Fred came to me during a timeout and said, “I want him.” And he basically just shut his water off. I relayed that message to (Toronto coach) Nick Nurse. Nick and I are really good friends, and I relayed that story when they brought Fred to the Raptors. I told Nick, “If you guys give him a chance, he’ll beat him out.” To go undrafted and then beat out a first-round pick, that’s pretty hard to do — but not surprised.
                            A ton of good stuff in this piece.

Comment

• Great read

Comment

• FVV was celebrated in Rockford today. Given key to the city. Looks like a pretty great turnout.
                                Happy for Fred.

https://sports.yahoo.com/raptors-fre...225740018.html

Comment

Working...
                                X