No announcement yet.

Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched FVV's instagram story. Can't post but pretty awesome for those who have instagram. First clip is of the city, absolutely DEAD cause everyone in town has abandoned the streets and headed to the event. And then there's a clip of the crowd screaming their heads off as Freddy does a selfie video with them.

Comment

• Freddie's welcome home celebrations in his hometown Rockford, IL. yesterday.

Comment

• From this to that. What an incredible story.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          Freddie's welcome home celebrations in his hometown Rockford, IL. yesterday.

Is this fucking great or what......
          This is the same as when guys like Ovie or Datsyuk or Malkin take the Stanley Cup to small towns in Russia...
          The pride and feelings are just so real....not so much for the trophy.. but it was one of them who helped get it....
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• Bet on yourself.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Is this fucking great or what......
              This is the same as when guys like Ovie or Datsyuk or Malkin take the Stanley Cup to small towns in Russia...
              The pride and feelings are just so real....not so much for the trophy.. but it was one of them who helped get it....
              Yep... and for a bunch of reasons in Fred's case, the odds against must have been overwhelming. But then there was Masai & his crew who saw something in him... and Nick who stuck with Freddie when he went thru that horrible slump the first couple of series. This was a collective show of brass gonads imo.

Comment

• Freddy!!!

Comment

• I was reading an article about Oshae Brissett when I was reminded that Fred VanVleet received a Finals MVP vote from Hubie Brown. The only one of 11 that didn't go to Kawhi. From Hubie Brown.

Maybe Hubie is losing it. He's 85 years old. But I clearly remember thinking, at the time I learned of the vote breakdown that, yeah. I can see Fred getting that vote. I wonder if his series against Golden State helps carry him to another level of performance? Getting an MVP vote from Hubie Brown has got to be a huge confidence boost. A guy with that pedigree picking you over Kawhi Freaking Leonard.

Be interesting to see if it carries over. One thing I expect from Fred is that he will not go "Wow. An MVP vote from Hubie. I guess now I can slack off on my personal training program."

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                    Be interesting to see if it carries over. One thing I expect from Fred is that he will not go "Wow. An MVP vote from Hubie. I guess now I can slack off on my personal training program."
                    Knowing Fred, it was probably more like "I only got one? Well, time to get ALL the votes."

Comment

• Just keep hitting those 3's in the clutch Fred. You'll have a home in Toronto for a very long time if you can keep doing that.

Comment

• Sell high.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                          I was reading an article about Oshae Brissett when I was reminded that Fred VanVleet received a Finals MVP vote from Hubie Brown. The only one of 11 that didn't go to Kawhi. From Hubie Brown.

Maybe Hubie is losing it. He's 85 years old. But I clearly remember thinking, at the time I learned of the vote breakdown that, yeah. I can see Fred getting that vote. I wonder if his series against Golden State helps carry him to another level of performance? Getting an MVP vote from Hubie Brown has got to be a huge confidence boost. A guy with that pedigree picking you over Kawhi Freaking Leonard.

I think it was likely more of a protest vote AGAINST Kawhi

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I think it was likely more of a protest vote AGAINST Kawhi
                            I don't know about that. Without Fred, even with Kawhi's heroics, we don't win that series.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

I don't know about that. Without Fred, even with Kawhi's heroics, we don't win that series.
                              TBH, you can say that about any role player who makes any contribution on any championship team. Without Channing Frye the Cavs don't......

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

TBH, you can say that about any role player who makes any contribution on any championship team. Without Channing Frye the Cavs don't......
                                I don't think so, minor contributions can be delegated to most any role player. Fred made more 3's than any body EVER off the bench in the Finals. You can't just ask anybody to do that. Over his last 9 games of the playoffs, going back to the Conference Finals, Fred was 30-57 from 3. That's 52%. 52%. Nobody does that. Not even Steph.

And alot of them were clutch and desperately needed at the time.
                                Last edited by Joey; Mon Jul 22, 2019, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X