No announcement yet.

Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe this will help offset some contract $. Hope this means he's going to be pulling off some AND1 mixtape moves.
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Good since New Balance is dead to me again

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
        All these years and people are still underrating VV? remember all the Wright > VV bullshit? lol. I watched part of the Mavs game last night, Wright looked as clueless as always. Still can't shoot!

No way they let VV go. Lowry is under contract for one more year. If the plan is to re-sign him after next year then sure, move VV for assets. If not, then they gotta keep VV at all cost. Who's gonna play the point?
        Delon doesn't have Fred's shot making, I'll give you that. If Delon was given an unconditional green light like Fred got basically the last 4 years, Delon could be really good. He's a better defender and playmaker. His off ball shooting isn't terrible either. I will concede that he doesn't hit those shots Fred did last year, but he might have helped a lot in the first two rounds and he may have had a good enough impact to offset not having Fred's shot making. Maybe not, against GS Fred has the better matchup. We needed his shooting against the Bucks. I get it. But in a vaccum I still really like Delon and I believe he hasn't gotten a fair shake during his career.

Comment

• Wright killed Raps last game. So not really "clueless"
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Maybe this will help offset some contract $. Hope this means he's going to be pulling off some AND1 mixtape moves.
            When i read the headline I thought it was 2000 again and I was reading slam magazine in my oversized roca wear clothes
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

Delon doesn't have Fred's shot making, I'll give you that. If Delon was given an unconditional green light like Fred got basically the last 4 years, Delon could be really good. He's a better defender and playmaker. His off ball shooting isn't terrible either. I will concede that he doesn't hit those shots Fred did last year, but he might have helped a lot in the first two rounds and he may have had a good enough impact to offset not having Fred's shot making. Maybe not, against GS Fred has the better matchup. We needed his shooting against the Bucks. I get it. But in a vaccum I still really like Delon and I believe he hasn't gotten a fair shake during his career.
              Reality is that, even in Dallas, the Mavs are playing Curry cause he's a better shooter and Wright's minutes are trending in the wrong direction even though he's a better defender and playmaker than Curry. He did put up good stats in Memphis at the end of last season but now in a regular role he's going back to what he was in Toronto: a serviceable back-up PG you can't keep on the floor too long cause he can't shoot threes game-in and game-out and has consistency issues.

Has he been given a fair shake? Let's see what happens in Dallas over the course of a couple seasons.

Comment

• Good to see a Raptor player be a face of a US brand, even though its And1. Maybe they're learning from New Balance and what Kawhi did for them in Canada last year.

Wonder what kind of shoes Giannis wears?

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Reality is that, even in Dallas, the Mavs are playing Curry cause he's a better shooter and Wright's minutes are trending in the wrong direction even though he's a better defender and playmaker than Curry. He did put up good stats in Memphis at the end of last season but now in a regular role he's going back to what he was in Toronto: a serviceable back-up PG you can't keep on the floor too long cause he can't shoot threes game-in and game-out and has consistency issues.

Has he been given a fair shake? Let's see what happens in Dallas over the course of a couple seasons.
                  I still don't see where you're getting the factual basis for repeatedly referring to Wright as historically inconsistent, but not FVV. If nothing else Fred was more inconsistent than Wright, with Fred's lows being lower and his highs being higher. FVV was flat-out unplayable for large swaths of the regular season and up until the last 3 weeks of the playoffs. And yet he was allowed to play his way through his inconsistency with unconditional opportunity.

Well, I guess if you keep repeating anything over and over again, ultimately you and others start believing it. Trump has proven that.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Good to see a Raptor player be a face of a US brand, even though its And1. Maybe they're learning from New Balance and what Kawhi did for them in Canada last year.

Wonder what kind of shoes Giannis wears?
                    He's been a Nike guy

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I still don't see where you're getting the factual basis for repeatedly referring to Wright as historically inconsistent, but not FVV. If nothing else Fred was more inconsistent than Wright, with Fred's lows being lower and his highs being higher. FVV was flat-out unplayable for large swaths of the regular season and up until the last 3 weeks of the playoffs. And yet he was allowed to play his way through his inconsistency with unconditional opportunity.

Well, I guess if you keep repeating anything over and over again, ultimately you and others start believing it. Trump has proven that.
                      If all that Wright is missing is the opportunity to play - and then he'll prove how stupid Toronto was for keeping FVV and how wrong they were about him - then we'll find out. All I know is that he lost his starting spot 3 games in and is back to playing ~20MPG as a backup in Dallas after Memphis chose not to sign him even though he had a pretty good end of the year run. Everyone must just hate Delon…..

Comment

• How come no one's talking about VV as a MIP candidate? he's been playing like an all star since Lowry got hurt. I think he has an outside shot of making the all star team if keeps playing like this.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                          How come no one's talking about VV as a MIP candidate? he's been playing like an all star since Lowry got hurt. I think he has an outside shot of making the all star team if keeps playing like this.
                          If he can maintain the scoring when Lowry is back, he should be in the conversation.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Fred has been incredible. Were too hard on him here. Dude was undrafted, then a bench warmer, then a 3rd stringer, then a backup, then he got a finals mvp vote, now looks like a quality nba starting point guard

just like siakam, were playing with house money at this point. Small assets turning into all star caliber
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              ...we're playing with house money at this point. Small assets turning into all star caliber
                              RHJ, TD II, Slim Duck..."And the beat goes oooon, and the beat goes on!"

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Fred has been incredible. Were too hard on him here. Dude was undrafted, then a bench warmer, then a 3rd stringer, then a backup, then he got a finals mvp vote, now looks like a quality nba starting point guard

just like siakam, were playing with house money at this point. Small assets turning into all star caliber
                                When those big contracts kick in, the house money becomes real money.

Comment

Working...
                                X