Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post
    Good lord, the Pistons are gonna give him the max.

If I were Fred, I'd think long and hard about taking less to stay on a good team that built you, rather than a max contract and be miserable for years. So would his family, I can't see him signing in Murder City
    Last edited by G__Deane; Thu Jan 9, 2020, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• I'm not worried about Freddy..he will get signed..They will have 2 trade someone,more likely norm's 10 million contract 2 accommodate Freddy.
      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
        I'm not worried about Freddy..he will get signed..They will have 2 trade someone,more likely norm's 10 million contract 2 accommodate Freddy.
        “Accommodating Freddy” at 20M+ is precisely what worries me. Especially when we have a higher ceiling guard waiting in the wings.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

“Accommodating Freddy” at 20M+ is precisely what worries me. Especially when we have a higher ceiling guard waiting in the wings.
          20M doesn't bother me at all.

Starts getting up to 23M+, that's where the hesitation starts. 25M+ is definitely too much.

But I'm also very confident he simply won't have a market like that this summer.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Who?

He and Lowry are the ONLY point guard's we have. And Lowry is 34.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              ...But I'm also very confident he simply won't have a market like that this summer.
              Not disagreeing, but this would be a good one to bookmark.

Comment

Who?

I hope the team will try and groom TD to become a PG.. but we have Pascal who's essentially a point forward anyway.

Comment

Who?

Dude, this isn't the 80's or 90's where you need a guy like John Stockton. Or the Steve Nash Suns era. Heck, even your favorite MJ Bulls teams had guys whose names I can't even remember running the point. You need to get with the times. Your concept of the traditional PG + 4 other guys with no dribbling skills is dead. The players are WAY more skilled these days at every position

Nurse's philosophy is to get as many play-makers on the floor as possible, at ANY position... preferably guys who can also shoot from distance. It takes the pressure off one guy to have to run around and try to create. And it's harder to defend. I mean, it's not like VanVleet actually does create huge advantages off the dribble for his teammates. If anything, he dribbles 10-15 seconds off the clock and then hands off to Lowry, Gasol or Siakam to make something happen with a gun to their heads.

Davis has more than enough ball-handling capabilities to initiate an offense and is only going to get better. Next year, we will still have Lowry. By year 3, TD2 is going to be a stud. We have 2 years to find a backup PG, which is the easiest position to fill in the NBA.

Comment

Dude, this isn't the 80's or 90's where you need a guy like John Stockton. Or the Steve Nash Suns era. Heck, even your favorite MJ Bulls teams had guys whose names I can't even remember running the point. You need to get with the times. Your concept of the traditional PG + 4 other guys with no dribbling skills is dead. The players are WAY more skilled these days at every position

Nurse's philosophy is to get as many play-makers on the floor as possible, at ANY position... preferably guys who can also shoot from distance. It takes the pressure off one guy to have to run around and try to create. And it's harder to defend. I mean, it's not like VanVleet actually does create huge advantages off the dribble for his teammates. If anything, he dribbles 10-15 seconds off the clock and then hands off to Lowry, Gasol or Siakam to make something happen with a gun to their heads.

Davis has more than enough ball-handling capabilities to initiate an offense and is only going to get better. Next year, we will still have Lowry. By year 3, TD2 is going to be a stud. We have 2 years to find a backup PG, which is the easiest position to fill in the NBA.
                    Yes and no, you still need an elite ball handlerxdecision maker. A guy that is really good at both dribbling and reading the floor. Every champion has one (last decade had 4 champions, Raptors, Heat/Cavs(I call these teams 'lebron'), Warriors and Mavs: Kyle Lowry , Lebron James, Steph Curry, Jason Kidd).

Siakam and TD are very much in the project category of both, FVV is not on the level of those guys listed but he's the best we have after kyle
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Yes and no, you still need an elite ball handlerxdecision maker. A guy that is really good at both dribbling and reading the floor. Every champion has one (last decade had 4 champions, Raptors, Heat/Cavs(I call these teams 'lebron'), Warriors and Mavs: Kyle Lowry , Lebron James, Steph Curry, Jason Kidd).

Siakam and TD are very much in the project category of both, FVV is not on the level of those guys listed but he's the best we have after kyle
                      I'd say it's more Draymond than Steph for GSW.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

lol. The whole point of your post was to sneak in Kyle Lowry's name with some of the greatest players of all-time. Never change, Keon.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I'd say it's more Draymond than Steph for GSW.
                          Ehh, I dunno. Dray is maybe the better passer. Steph is by the far superior ball handler, and a very capable passer, and runs the pick n roll. Draymond lets not forget for all his assists, just played with Klay and Steph, the best spot up shooter in the league, and the best shooter in the league, and steph who moves without the ball more than anyone in the league. How many assists would Gasol have with those 2 guys? Jokic? Draymond is like an odom type, but he doesn't RUN THE SHOW like a lebron

Comment

lol. The whole point of your post was to sneak in Kyle Lowry's name with some of the greatest players of all-time. Never change, Keon.

My post didn't even need to. The championship ring and 26 pts in the clinching game already did it

Comment

Nothing has really changed lol. You think DeRozan can play the point? Norman Powell? Eric Gordon? LeVert? McCollum? Hield? Jaylen Brown? thoughts on McCaw(a 2 guard) playing the point?

You can't just move a SG to point because they can "handle the ball".

The Bulls had Ron Harper and Steve Kerr as their PG's back in the mid/late 90's. Paxson and BJ Armstrong in the early 90's. All point guards.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Nothing has really changed lol. You think DeRozan can play the point? Norman Powell? Eric Gordon? LeVert? McCollum? Hield? Jaylen Brown? thoughts on McCaw(a 2 guard) playing the point?

You can't just move a SG to point because they can "handle the ball".

The Bulls had Ron Harper and Steve Kerr as their PG's back in the mid/late 90's. Paxson and BJ Armstrong in the early 90's. All point guards.
                                the bulls had guys that guarded point guards but did not have players that played traditional point guard on offence as the triangle doesn't necessitate it. that's the only reason harper started, as he was a pure shooting guard in the traditional sense.

pippen brought the ball up the floor more than anyone really

Comment

Working...
                                X