No announcement yet.

Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I trade Freddy in sec..if wizards want him part of deal for Bradley Beal..FEBRUARY is just right around the corner..
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Legend.

Man he's got some kind of stroke.

Comment

• from dan devine at the ringer:

Five years ago, Fred VanVleet was an undersized mid-major prospect with an uncertain future. Now, he’s an $85 million man, one of just 13 players in the league averaging 20-6-4, and one of five players ever to go for 50 points with three blocks and three steals in a game, joining—no bullshit—Michael Jordan, Hakeem Olajuwon, Dirk Nowitzki, and Anthony Davis.

Comment

• The first few pages of this thread are hilarious in hindsight. Happy for Fred.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
            The first few pages of this thread are hilarious in hindsight. Happy for Fred.
            Wait a few days.
            Next time he's held to 6 point and 1-6 from three plus getting stuffed at the rim a few times, he'll be right back to being an overpaid midget

Comment

• Freds had a really good year too. I thought hes been our best player, this game kinda cemented it. Hes great and still getting better. Cant finish at the rim, but does literally everything else at an above average to elite level. Checked before the Orlando games and he had assist to turnover rate of like 4 to 1 and as many steals as turnovers. I know everyone wants to get rid of him, and for a great player like Beal it might make sense, but I cant help but think hes the perfect guard to fit with two great wings.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Freds had a really good year too. I thought hes been our best player, this game kinda cemented it. Hes great and still getting better. Cant finish at the rim, but does literally everything else at an above average to elite level. Checked before the Orlando games and he had assist to turnover rate of like 4 to 1 and as many steals as turnovers. I know everyone wants to get rid of him, and for a great player like Beal it might make sense, but I cant help but think hes the perfect guard to fit with two great wings.
                Just considering their age, I'd sooner move on from Lowry than FVV right now

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Freds had a really good year too. I thought hes been our best player, this game kinda cemented it. Hes great and still getting better. Cant finish at the rim, but does literally everything else at an above average to elite level. Checked before the Orlando games and he had assist to turnover rate of like 4 to 1 and as many steals as turnovers. I know everyone wants to get rid of him, and for a great player like Beal it might make sense, but I cant help but think hes the perfect guard to fit with two great wings.
                  Definitely feels like Freddy has been the best and most consistent of the Raps this season. I don't want to say it's crucial, but I would like to see the next step in his evolution to be his ability to take over the full time PG duties from Lowry. That way we can look into getting a non-vertically challenged SG.

Comment

• Fred may turn out to be Masais best find of his career so far. He keeps defying my expectations thats forsure.

I used to think it was crazy to suggest he could replace Lowry, but they're probably almost equally good now, and FVV is still improving. He could be as good as prime Kyle Lowry, top 5-7 PG.

Lowry didn't get starters minutes until 26, didn't get GOOD (near all star) until 27, and didn't become an all star until 28. Fred is not quite 26, and came into the league 2 years later than Kyle.

Fred is a better shooter and man defender than Kyle. Kyle is a better team defender and playmaker. Both have bulldog work ethic, heart and BBall IQ off the charts.
                    Last edited by KeonClark; Wed Feb 3, 2021, 04:23 PM.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Everyone keeps talking about Fred's offense but he's also a great defender. He should be on an all defensive team this year.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                        Everyone keeps talking about Fred's offense but he's also a great defender. He should be on an all defensive team this year.
                        He's probably the best man defender among all starting guards. Simmons is a better defender but FVV defends point guards better.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

He's probably the best man defender among all starting guards. Simmons is a better defender but FVV defends point guards better.
                          I'd say he is a better defender than he is on offense. Outside of the crazy 54 points, he hasn't shot the ball particularly well from the field, he was below 40% before it and he drives to the rim head first and gets contested or blocked too often. His defense does go underappreciated a lot though.

Comment

• So wheres all the sell high talk? Kidding, but what a hell of a performance. He has continued to improve, which has defied my expectations. Freddy might very well be a keeper.

Comment

• It was a great performance last night and I guess if there was a negative take its that Magic are an awful team in every facet of the game. The biggest positive I take from the game is that Freddy showed what he can do when there's no pressure. As in if we had a true number 1 he could easily elevate his game.
                              Last edited by LJ2; Wed Feb 3, 2021, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• Love what Fred has done, last night was tons of fun, hate to use the moment to say this but I'm not completely sold until he stops spending entire playoff series shooting 20%. He needs to be able to create space for his shot against locked in, really good defences. His size keeps being an issue in playoff series - not all of them, but enough of them.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X