Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

One thing though, if he stays, they should decrease his usage.
    I mean, Nurse almost definitely will - first and foremostly because Fred won't be forced to play shooting guard anymore!

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

I mean, Nurse almost definitely will - first and foremostly because Fred won't be forced to play shooting guard anymore!
      We are talking about Nick Nurse the surrogate dad of Mr Van Vleet?

Hopefully Barnes can distract NN by having a great summer league

Comment

• Comment

• NBA-FINALS-MVP-VOTE-GETTER FVV
          about to take over the show.

Looking forward to seeing how he handles the keys.

Comment

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
            NBA-FINALS-MVP-VOTE-GETTER FVV
            about to take over the show.

Looking forward to seeing how he handles the keys.
            I am sure he will use them to unlock the door.

Comment

• Just recently had a chance to listen into FVV's media day footage. I have to say I'm really impressed with the way he conducts himself and it sounds like he really is ready to take over (as best he can) for Lowry.

He also identified that he has to clean up his efficiency and in which areas he needs to do it and I feel confident he can improve. He did make a leap in a lot of areas last season and if the Raps played at home it would have lead to more wins and a good shot at him making the All Star team. If he manages to be more efficient this season he's a dangerous player.

His thoughts on Pascal's struggles were right on target as well. Once Pascal breaks through his struggles the bad play from the bubble will be a distant memory. Again, no reason to believe Pascal isn't going to break through based on the work he's putting in.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                ...no reason to believe Pascal isn't going to break through based on the work he's putting in.
                My main reason for betting on the "over." I think 23-44 wins is a reasonable expectation for this team, with a chance to finish higher.

Comment

• Anyone catch his post game interview after the wizards game? Everything I heard was pretty much blaming the rookies for the loss (Which I'm not arguing with, we have a ton of young players in key spots). I expected more of a patient demeanor from Fred. He knows this is a building year but I didn't get that sense from the interview that he was being patient. Maybe its just me, I would probably be pretty pissed after a loss like that, just caught me off guard some of the answers he gave. Lots of "I told you so's"

Comment

• Thanks to Fuchan for bumping this thread but page 73, post 1095 is so foretelling of game 1.

Hopefully game 2 to 82 is different

Comment

• Fuchan wrote: View Post
                      Anyone catch his post game interview after the wizards game? Everything I heard was pretty much blaming the rookies for the loss (Which I'm not arguing with, we have a ton of young players in key spots). I expected more of a patient demeanor from Fred. He knows this is a building year but I didn't get that sense from the interview that he was being patient. Maybe its just me, I would probably be pretty pissed after a loss like that, just caught me off guard some of the answers he gave. Lots of "I told you so's"
                      Yeah, I really did not like hearing those FVV quotes about the young, inexperienced guys not fighting or playing hard enough. Not sure that I ever heard Lowry or DeRozan publicly blame their young teammates for a loss. Even then, it wasn't really the young guys fault. I mean, Banton was our best player by far. Who are we blaming here: Precious and Scottie? The reality is that FVV and OG crapped the bed harder than any Raptor player. We lost because OG, FVV, Gary and Boucher missed a lot of shots, not because the young guys didn't "play hard".

Fred, Pascal, Jakob, OG, Pascal, Delon, JV, Ross, etc... all benefited from Lowry and DD's leadership. Fred needs to think back to when he was a rookie and sophomore and be more careful with his words.

Comment

• All-star lead guard.

Comment

• This thread deserves to be on the first page. FVV has been hitting big shots, setting up teammates, controlling the pace of the game, defending at a high level and been the leader this young group needs.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            This thread deserves to be on the first page. FVV has been hitting big shots, setting up teammates, controlling the pace of the game, defending at a high level and been the leader this young group needs.
                            Looks to me like he is starting to figure out how to be a floor general. He's not just a scoring guard anymore. His PnR game is improving I think, seems like he isnt just turning the corner for a drive but sometimes probing in the paint, looking for subtle shifts in the defence that he can exploit. Past years, it was mostly drive to shoot or attempt to kick it out through the trees or do neither and over dribble the possession away. He's getting better and I'm fully on the FVV train.

Comment

• https://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/article...et-goals-year/

It's no secret that Fred VanVleet is a driven individual. That is why he bet on himself before his NBA career took off.

But the hard work never stopped after cashing in with the Toronto Raptors, either, and this season is no different.

"I think this is the year where the expectations match the work," VanVleet said on The Raptors Show with Will Lou. "I just went super hard (working) my butt off all summer trying to get better. I'm feeling OK about how we have started as a team and myself personally, I am OK with where I am at, but I could be playing a lot better for myself and to just try and impact the game a little bit more in terms of wins and losses."

Having logged career highs in points (19.6), and minutes (36.5) last season while posting a solid 6.3 assists, VanVleet has set his sights on every possible accolade an NBA player can receive.

"I definitely would like to be an all-star," said VanVleet. "I want to win all the awards. I want to be All-Defensive ... Those are all goals that I have. The good thing for me is that I probably won't achieve any of those if we aren't a good team or a top team."

The Raptors are 6-5 so far this season despite losing the likes of Kyle Lowry to the Miami Heat, although VanVleet's play has been integral to that decent start to the campaign.

Some of that can also be attributed to head coach Nick Nurse's handling of the Raptors point guard.

"I've always been a coach's player in terms of I am trying to do what they want us to do," said VanVleet. "I just kind of do what they want us to do. I am buying in, I believe in what they are preaching and what they are selling and he gives me the freedom and reign to kind of create and do my own thing. At the same time, we have a good unspoken body language kind of thing when I know when he's talking to me, without talking to me."
                              Lots of “I” and self promotion …. last time a former Raptors said similar to this like that hashtag….the #I got us …. got shipped out.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Never believed this statement then and never will.

Comment

Working...
                                X