No announcement yet.

Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Moses was a technicality due to ABA merger, so I figured freddie had a legit claim at being the GOAT undrafted player eventually. Big Ben looms large at #1.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
      And Moses was a technicality due to ABA merger, so I figured freddie had a legit claim at being the GOAT undrafted player eventually. Big Ben looms large at #1.
      Ben is a hall of famer. Fred has a lot of work to do to reach his level. But still becoming an all-star is impressive as hell.

Comment

• Hope she said yes:

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Hope she said yes:

All star game announcement and got engaged, what a week for Fred.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

All star game announcement and got engaged, what a week for Fred.
            She told Fred she aint tieing the knot till he makes an all star game.
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• But will he be allowed to shoot from 3ft behind the line?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

But will he be allowed to shoot from 3ft behind the line?
                Getting engaged?? Doing the 3 point contest??

Atta boy, Freddy --- SHOOT YA' SHOT!

Comment

• As long as he does better then Kyle. He always shit the bed whenever he was in the 3 pt contest
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Can “UhOh!” Be Freddy’s new nickname? It’s up there with “Off Night”

Comment

• I'd bet on Fred winning this.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        Can “UhOh!” Be Freddy’s new nickname? It’s up there with “Off Night”

Good golly Freddy

Comment

• During the Masai presser, someone brought up how Pascal and FVV are already 27 years old and that they might've already peaked. That's also a hot topic here a couple of weeks ago and I swear to god people have short memory lol or they just create their own little narrative to fit their agenda.

KYLE LOWRY was 27 years old when the We The North era started. He went on and became a 6x all star for the Raps. He's 35 now and he's still pretty good. DeRozan I believe was 25 in 2014, fast forward 8 years and DeRozan is playing the best ball of his life.

I agree with Masai, I think there's still a lot of room for improvement for FVV and Pascal. 27 is not old lol.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                            During the Masai presser, someone brought up how Pascal and FVV are already 27 years old and that they might've already peaked. That's also a hot topic here a couple of weeks ago and I swear to god people have short memory lol or they just create their own little narrative to fit their agenda.

KYLE LOWRY was 27 years old when the We The North era started. He went on and became a 6x all star for the Raps. He's 35 now and he's still pretty good. DeRozan I believe was 25 in 2014, fast forward 8 years and DeRozan is playing the best ball of his life.

I agree with Masai, I think there's still a lot of room for improvement for FVV and Pascal. 27 is not old lol.
                            Yeah there's a weird narrative out there that a 27/28 player is somehow old or something, when it's the opposite. If you look at the actual average age of the two or three main players on a team that actually wins a championship, it's almost never below 27/28. In fact the best combination of skill/athleticism/experience is probably around 29-32. That's not the age you want to start building around a guy, but you typically need guys on the 28-33 zone to win titles. A team full of 23 year olds is not winning anything.
                            Last edited by inthepaint; Fri Feb 11, 2022, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Yeah there's a weird narrative out there that a 27/28 player is somehow old or something, when it's the opposite. If you look at the actual average age of the two or three main players on a team that actually wins a championship, it's almost never below 27/28. In fact the best combination of skill/athleticism/experience is probably around 29-32. That's not the age you want to start building around a guy, but you typically need guys on the 28-33 zone to win titles. A team full of 23 year olds is not winning anything.
                              I would say the average guy is at his STATISTICAL (production) apex around 26 or 27, but is at his successful/winning apex around 31 or 32 as you said. similar to real life, you might think you're the shit in your 20s and got it all figured out, until you're in your 30s you realize you're much savvier and more successful than you were.
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• All depends on your game. Russell Westbrook's last season with OKC was when he was 30. And pretty out of his prime I think everybody can agree to that. Dwight Howards last All-Star game was at 28. James Harden is 32 and I think we all think he's never going back to his Houston days. Carmelo's last All-Star game was at 32. 28-29 was when he was statistically at his peak. Kawhi is not even 30 yet but I think easy to say his Toronto year was him at absolute peak at 27.

You gotta be a truly elite player to continue dominating after 30. Curry, KD, Lebron. But then you get Lowry and Derozan who are productive and effective still.
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X