No announcement yet.

Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imo....and i know a lot less RE fvv than you guys that have followed him his entire career....but i think hell be fine..even tho hes not shooting well this game was his best since coming back...better than the cleveland game....flynn is coming back friday....my guess fvv from here on out will be 25/game...then one week rest during the play in....very good chance hes 100 percent for teh playoffs

Comment

• Season is Done.
      If u think Raptors are coming back, u are dreaming, off course I want them 2 win and come back, but I'm realist, not happening...
      Now let's talk about Freddy..
      Freddy got 2 go.
      Injury prone, breaking down, 2 small, 2 much ball handling, 2 much dribbling, not a pg..It would be best for this franchise to move on from this player. It's not gonna get any better, for his size and his age..yes his age getting to 30 in basketball is old.
      Now If Freddy played off the bench 24 to 28 minutes, yeah..ok..maybe u can keep him, the problem is will he accept taking a less role and I don't c it, that's why u got 2 move him. 2 years at decent movable money, coming off all star year, best time 2 move him.
      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• The only thing I’m nervous about is Freddy’s next contract demands… his contract now is fair, I don’t think his value is much higher. Yes, he was an All-Star, but I doubt he ever reaches All NBA status.

I have a feeling there will be demands of receiving a max contract, but for the Raps to keep trending upward, you can’t get saddled with bad contracts.

Let’s face it, if our younger players take a huge leap in development in the offseason, Fred should be the 3rd or 4th option. (Pascal, and hopefully one or two of Scottie, OG, Gary, or Precious take a huge leap.)

It’s not the offseason yet, I have faith the arias can still make some noise in these playoffs.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
          The only thing I’m nervous about is Freddy’s next contract demands… his contract now is fair, I don’t think his value is much higher. Yes, he was an All-Star, but I doubt he ever reaches All NBA status.

I have a feeling there will be demands of receiving a max contract, but for the Raps to keep trending upward, you can’t get saddled with bad contracts.

Let’s face it, if our younger players take a huge leap in development in the offseason, Fred should be the 3rd or 4th option. (Pascal, and hopefully one or two of Scottie, OG, Gary, or Precious take a huge leap.)

It’s not the offseason yet, I have faith the arias can still make some noise in these playoffs.
          I doubt Fred is going to demand a max, but regardless if he does or not he's not going to get that from the Raptors or anyone else. He's definitely going to get a raise though as any 28 year old, in their prime that just put up 20/6/4 would.

Comment

• someone stupid will pay him...look at simmons, wall and porzingis.....fortunately massai is not stupid so he will no longer be a raptor after next year.....his body let down teh team ...no other way to put it...

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

I doubt Fred is going to demand a max, but regardless if he does or not he's not going to get that from the Raptors or anyone else. He's definitely going to get a raise though as any 28 year old, in their prime that just put up 20/6/4 would.
              I'd imagine he ends up in the 25-30 range with term. Which is about where the Raptors would likely peg where they would max out on him.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I'd imagine he ends up in the 25-30 range with term. Which is about where the Raptors would likely peg where they would max out on him.
                hard to pay him 30 and pay gary ... 25

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Agreed, tough, but not impossible. Laid out a scenario here:

DanH wrote: View Post

Precious is one year ahead of Barnes. OG decision is at the same time as Pascal. Trent at the same time as Fred.

Agree they either need to let someone walk, get budget deals on everybody (unlikely with the way the Raps like to operate), trade someone ahead of time, or trade them after the fact once Scottie's raise kicks in.

Lots of planning involved.

Cap is hard to project at this point, but let's be pessimistic and assume only 3% growth from now to there (could be like 50% depending how the TV deals go). That's a 133M cap, 162M tax.

If we just take everybody's latest salary as a starting point, we have this:

Pascal 38M
                  Fred 23M
                  Trent 20M
                  OG 19M
                  Scottie 33M max
                  Precious ?

Ignoring everyone else for now, the first 5 guys there make 132M. So eat up the cap. There are probably raises in there. Pascal maybe not, let's leave him, he might even decrease but let's leave him flat. Give everyone else the same % of the cap they signed last time, but with a 25% boost in pay, and give Precious his cap hold plus 25% and you get this:

Pascal 38M
                  Fred 29M
                  Trent 24M
                  OG 24M
                  Scottie 33M max
                  Precious 16M

That's 164M. Add 8 vet minimum salaries (assume any 2nd round signings are offset by any 1sts in the meantime) and you end up at 180M, about 18M into the tax. So, yeah, can fit 5 guys barely under the tax, but for the 6th you are going into the tax by basically what they cost.

Now, this is with Scottie approaching his early prime and everyone else solidly prime or late prime, so it might be a win-now-or-go-home scenario for this core in any case, so tax might be OK. So it's not a disaster. But it's definitely something worth thinking about, especially if you project bigger raises than I've put here for these players.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

The biggest unknown variable here is the new TV deal... the salary cap & team valuations could skyrocket. Nielsen ratings, ftw.

The NBA is currently in talks on a new media deal to follow the current ESPN/Turner agreements which pay the lion’s share of the NBA’s bills. Word is that the league will hit the streaming wars with impeccable timing and get such a giant raise that the value of every team will double. In that world, sources say the NBA’s lowest-value team, the Pelicans, would be worth more than $2 billion, while the Warriors could skyrocket to a $10 billion valuation.

After that, several sources suggest, the league will command absolutely unprecedented amounts for expansion teams—between four and five billion each. A year ago, Adam Silver called reports of a $2.5 billion expansion fee “very low.” Sources say the NBA has prospective investors ready.

This could be the NBA’s biggest influx of cash ever. For perspective, the crown jewel of the NBA’s current business is about $3 billion in annual U.S. national broadcast revenues. An $8-10 billion influx would be a giant deal. For example, $9 billion divided 30 ways could mean $300 million for every team.
                    https://www.truehoop.com/p/odd-silen...-expansion?s=r

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The biggest unknown variable here is the new TV deal... the salary cap & team valuations could skyrocket. Nielsen ratings, ftw.

https://www.truehoop.com/p/odd-silen...-expansion?s=r
                      In a world where USA network and FOX each pay WWE $260 million per year for 3 and 2 hours of tv a week with declining ratings for over a decade, I believe anything is possible. Won't be a NFL deal but will be massive. You have to wonder how the hell the networks are making any money on this stuff.

Comment

• I think we all can agree FVV is exceeding his contract value this year. I think his role will be downgraded as the younger guys get better, hopefully it’s closer to 25-28. Gary and OG are most likely going to demanding higher amounts as well… luckily we have Scottie on his rookie deal when we are handing out those contracts.

Comment

• If I had to guess.. Fred ends up with a 3/year $90M contract. Similar to what Lowry was looking for in free agency this year. With inflation this might work out.

What I will find fascinating is how Masai treats Fred. Fred is not a franchise talent. But is treated like one. The last time we traded a franchise player things worked out for us, but Masai had nightmares over it. I don't know if he would go through that again.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

In a world where USA network and FOX each pay WWE $260 million per year for 3 and 2 hours of tv a week with declining ratings for over a decade, I believe anything is possible. Won't be a NFL deal but will be massive. You have to wonder how the hell the networks are making any money on this stuff.
                            Because chumps like us eat, sleep and breathe this sh!t.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Agreed, tough, but not impossible. Laid out a scenario here:
                              I think pascal decreases or his salary will stay flat on his next contract around the 30 mill range.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                If I had to guess.. Fred ends up with a 3/year $90M contract. Similar to what Lowry was looking for in free agency this year. With inflation this might work out.

What I will find fascinating is how Masai treats Fred. Fred is not a franchise talent. But is treated like one. The last time we traded a franchise player things worked out for us, but Masai had nightmares over it. I don't know if he would go through that again.
                                3 year 85 with bonuses up to 90

Comment

Working...
                                X