Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

Let's see what Giannis has to say about that. I'm not ready to crown Boston anything until they take down the defending champs. Nets were pretenders.
    Well thats what I said at the end lol. My money is still on the cream rising to the top like giannis, steph or cp3. But the numbers are saying otherwise.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Celtics in the East were 7-3 in their last 10 games, second only to ..... your Toronto Raptors at 8-2
      But they have that certain "it" factor, a bunch of dogs who really want it, play mean and with a chip on their shoulders. I think they're a team that would be easy to like if the were your own.

Comment

• Jrue Holiday won teammate of the year. Fred came in 7th:

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          Jrue Holiday won teammate of the year. Fred came in 7th:

how are these things decided upon like who votes?

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Well thats what I said at the end lol. My money is still on the cream rising to the top like giannis, steph or cp3. But the numbers are saying otherwise.
            hard for cp3 to win without booker.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

how are these things decided upon like who votes?
              Voted by players

Comment

Jrue Holiday won teammate of the year. Fred came in 7th:

'team mate of the year'? Lol
                what's next, 'best end of the bench guy' ?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

'team mate of the year'? Lol
                  what's next, 'best end of the bench guy' ?
                  Miss Congeniality

Comment

Voted by players
                    isn't that kind of ... unfair because everyone will vote for their own guy?

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                      Celtics in the East were 7-3 in their last 10 games, second only to ..... your Toronto Raptors at 8-2
                      But they have that certain "it" factor, a bunch of dogs who really want it, play mean and with a chip on their shoulders. I think they're a team that would be easy to like if the were your own.
                      I got confused, thinking you suddenly switched to talking about the Raptors. I mean, isn't that a perfect description of Toronto's team?

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post

I got confused, thinking you suddenly switched to talking about the Raptors. I mean, isn't that a perfect description of Toronto's team?
                        Obviously I love the Raptors but no, there's nothing in that description that says Raptors; "dogs that play mean with a chip on their shoulder"

After Lowry left, there's not a single player on the roster that pisses other players off, that opposing teams love to hate. No real aggravators or sandpaper.

Perhaps Gary Trent. Precious could develop it.
                        But Freddy, Pascal, OG, certainly Barnes are all known as above average on the likeability index. No one's really afraid to play physically against the Raptors imo; they can get pushed around. Not a sleight against them, just fact but they're currently winning other ways.

You really think Tatum, Brown, Smart, Williams and Theis have that rep?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

isn't that kind of ... unfair because everyone will vote for their own guy?
                          True. Lol
                          I mean who knows best than them?

Comment

Obviously I love the Raptors but no, there's nothing in that description that says Raptors; "dogs that play mean with a chip on their shoulder"

After Lowry left, there's not a single player on the roster that pisses other players off, that opposing teams love to hate. No real aggravators or sandpaper.

Perhaps Gary Trent. Precious could develop it.
                            But Freddy, Pascal, OG, certainly Barnes are all known as above average on the likeability index. No one's really afraid to play physically against the Raptors imo; they can get pushed around. Not a sleight against them, just fact but they're currently winning other ways.

You really think Tatum, Brown, Smart, Williams and Theis have that rep?
                            I really don't think you've nailed the Raptors' rep here. I think teams absolutely hate to play against this team. Including physically, they play some of the most physical defence in the league. You might like these guys, but they are not getting pushed around. And any team that has to play a series against them will come out of it with hatred hotter than fire.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I really don't think you've nailed the Raptors' rep here. I think teams absolutely hate to play against this team. Including physically, they play some of the most physical defence in the league. You might like these guys, but they are not getting pushed around. And any team that has to play a series against them will come out of it with hatred hotter than fire.
                              Good point about the physical (and frustrating) defense but I think you've missed the main point. Nice guys that play hard and azzholes that play hard and you want to kill are not the same things. I think the Raps style of play draws grudging respect from opposition fans and players alike, not red-hot hatred.

Comment

Good point about the physical (and frustrating) defense but I think you've missed the main point. Nice guys that play hard and azzholes that play hard and you want to kill are not the same things. I think the Raps style of play draws grudging respect from opposition fans and players alike, not red-hot hatred.
                                Why give the opposing team any extra motivational edge? I don’t see the cost-benefit of crossing the line from being physical and tough, to being d*ckheads. It could actually backfire.

Comment

Working...
                                X