Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post

Why give the opposing team any extra motivational edge? I don’t see the cost-benefit of crossing the line from being physical and tough, to being d*ckheads. It could actually backfire.
    I guess it depends on whether you believe that tough play can intimidate some/younger/inexperienced players or throw them off their games. Anyway, this isn't about whether the Raps could or should change their style of play.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I guess it depends on whether you believe that tough play can intimidate some/younger/inexperienced players or throw them off their games. Anyway, this isn't about whether the Raps could or should change their style of play.
      But we've established that the Raptors play tough. I thought we all agreed on that. Your issue is that they are nice guys who play tough. Not seeing how playing tough while not being assholes would be less likely to throw inexperienced players off their game.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Barnes is a very nice guy and yet has zero fear. CP3 is one of the most ferocious competitors yet he is known as one of the nicest players always taking out people for dinners and chilling.

Comment

• How do you define toughness.

Steven Adams is a tough player, but he's one of the nicest guys in basketball.
          Pat Beverly is tough but he is the most annoying player.

We are doing just fine in terms of team toughness.
          Resilient, physical .. but not stupid.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
            How do you define toughness.

who is this question directed towards?

Comment

How do you define toughness.

I mean we don't have a guy who is specifically a nuisance on the court. I guess Lowry technically used to be that guy. I suppose Barnes is that guy because of his no-look passes. I don't think our guys have any back down in them.

Comment

• There's not as many of those guys anymore, but there's not the same rivalries that there were in the 90's either. Beverly, Butler, Morris twins and Smart are probably the most notable. Not every team has one.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

But we've established that the Raptors play tough. I thought we all agreed on that. Your issue is that they are nice guys who play tough. Not seeing how playing tough while not being assholes would be less likely to throw inexperienced players off their game.
                  It's like getting beat by Duncan or getting beat by KG. You pro ably don't look forward to playing either again, but you sort of don't look forward to playing KG more.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                    who is this question directed towards?
                    To anyone.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I mean we don't have a guy who is specifically a nuisance on the court. I guess Lowry technically used to be that guy. I suppose Barnes is that guy because of his no-look passes. I don't think our guys have any back down in them.
                      You don't think Adams is a 'nuisance'?

Comment

You don't think Adams is a 'nuisance'?
                        Not like Morris

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

It's like getting beat by Duncan or getting beat by KG. You pro ably don't look forward to playing either again, but you sort of don't look forward to playing KG more.

Comment

• "I went from underrated to overrated very fast."

Comment

• omfg listen to the end of season interviews and fred said we need a center!!!!!!

Comment

• did fred just hint that flynn needs to be traded lol

Comment

Working...
                                X