• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
    did fred just hint that flynn needs to be traded lol
    What was the quote?

Comment

omfg listen to the end of season interviews and fred said we need a center!!!!!!
      Link?

Comment

• Comment

did fred just hint that flynn needs to be traded lol
          I didn't get that from his comments.... I think he was trying to motivate him to keep plugging away and take advantage if he can.

Comment

• nm
            Last edited by grindhouse; Sat Apr 30, 2022, 12:48 AM.

Comment

• Would like to see us play Fred as more of a SG on offense where he can look to find space and use his shot but have someone else handle the ball and bring others into the game more which I feel we've always lacked with Fred compared to what Lowry was able to do. Ideally a guard with a bit of height so on defense Fred could guard the smaller of the two guards.

Comment

• Fred didn't make any of the all-defense teams but was first runner up for the guard position. If he didn't get injured, I'm sure he would have gotten it. Thybulle got in ahead of him on the 2nd team.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Fred didn't make any of the all-defense teams but was first runner up for the guard position. If he didn't get injured, I'm sure he would have gotten it. Thybulle got in ahead of him on the 2nd team.
                  Fred also got more votes than the 5th guy on the 2nd team, but was left off as they keep guard and forward slots, which is very silly.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Fred also got more votes than the 5th guy on the 2nd team, but was left off as they keep guard and forward slots, which is very silly.
                    i mean that fifth guy was draymond who might be the best defensive player i have ever watched, on par with pippen and hakeem and pistons rodman. so can't get too mad about it. draymond was easily DPOY until he got injured. still deserved to make a team imo

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

they need to fix the whole position issue on these award teams.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

they need to fix the whole position issue on these award teams.
                        Yeah I kind of agree. I mean the all-rookie team doesn't use positions.

The modern NBA offense doesn't have a traditional 5. The Celtics were using Grant Williams at the C against Miami. We have the long boys line up.

Maybe it's tradition, and they don't want to change that. But it's a shame that Embiid will likely be on the 2nd All-NBA team, even though he was arguably the second best player in the league after Jokic. And both are centers. So it's not even anti-center bias thing.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah I kind of agree. I mean the all-rookie team doesn't use positions.

The modern NBA offense doesn't have a traditional 5. The Celtics were using Grant Williams at the C against Miami. We have the long boys line up.

Maybe it's tradition, and they don't want to change that. But it's a shame that Embiid will likely be on the 2nd All-NBA team, even though he was arguably the second best player in the league after Jokic. And both are centers. So it's not even anti-center bias thing.
                          it also encourages guys to change their position to try to get on the list its silly. either do one thing or the other and stick with it.

Comment

• Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                              Love to see it.

I'm betting Fred does the maximum available extension this offseason. I think it's just below $30M per year.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Love to see it.

I'm betting Fred does the maximum available extension this offseason. I think it's just below $30M per year.
                                25-27 mill with incentives. book it.

Comment

Working...
                                X