Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

this thread was started by you. It's so bittersweet but that's sports
    Hey, I don't dislike Fred and he'll have a soft landing in that mountain cash.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      It's time for Fred to go. I don't care if it's the rest of career sell high moment or not. They should move him before the deadline for the best offer available. Embrace a new era.
      Fred IS the new era. Kyle passed him the torch, remember?

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eNfu2gLZNo

short segment with redick! nothing particularly new in this clip but cant wait to see the whole thing.
        Last edited by iblastoff; Thu Jan 5, 2023, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Masai is probably trying to bill him as an All Star, Championship winner, bet on himself warrior ("Look over here, not at his stats") and other GM's as reported are just seeing an astronomical unrealistic ask.

Do your job Masai/Bobby
          I'd be shocked if anything happened until very close to or right at the deadline (maybe day before). There are lots of teams in the mix that are quasi-contenders, so you'd assume Raps will be price makers but too many variables to make any guesses about anything.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Fred IS the new era. Kyle passed him the torch, remember?
            New New Era.

Time for Fred to pass the torch.

It was a short and disappointing Era.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Why rush into a deal when you've got between now and the deadline to get someone to bite at the price you want, or see the price come up closer to the price you want? Who knows what the offers are right now, but waiting has tended to pay off for Masai in the past and I doubt they'll deviate now unless they get something they really like in the short term, for Gary or Fred (I'm assuming those two are the ones most likely to move).
              I'll leave the timing of the best return up to Masai and Bobby.
              I just want them to do something of substance and there's no even any guarantee of that.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I'd be shocked if anything happened until very close to or right at the deadline (maybe day before). There are lots of teams in the mix that are quasi-contenders, so you'd assume Raps will be price makers but too many variables to make any guesses about anything.
                I imagine it will happen (if it happens) much closer to the deadline too but you also run the risk of some of your suitors coming off the board quick in other deals so there aren't quite so many buyers in the wings. If you're familiar with real estate, maybe some team makes a bully offer to avoid a bidding war.

Comment

• The sooner he's traded the more likely the team is to go on a run. That's the sense I'm getting now. And how the team responds after that could determine if other trades are executed. I still think there is a great team amongst this roster, but Fred I believe should be the first domino to fall, and maybe, the only, if the rest of the team steps up.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Why rush into a deal when you've got between now and the deadline to get someone to bite at the price you want, or see the price come up closer to the price you want? Who knows what the offers are right now, but waiting has tended to pay off for Masai in the past and I doubt they'll deviate now unless they get something they really like in the short term, for Gary or Fred (I'm assuming those two are the ones most likely to move).
                    it depends on how bad the lockerroom is. If it gets toxic in there hypothetically then sometimes it is better to just pull the trigger and make a change for the sake of it.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                      The sooner he's traded the more likely the team is to go on a run. That's the sense I'm getting now. And how the team responds after that could determine if other trades are executed. I still think there is a great team amongst this roster, but Fred I believe should be the first domino to fall, and maybe, the only, if the rest of the team steps up.
                      I think a lot of people would be surprised how the team would respond positively to the right trade.
                      In one way it's a slap in the face that the roster failed but in another it's saying as management, we believe in you that we kept here and added to you to make a run. It doesn't have to be framed as a tank trade if they bring back a roster player and picks

Comment

I think a lot of people would be surprised how the team would respond positively to the right trade.
                        In one way it's a slap in the face that the roster failed but in another it's saying as management, we believe in you that we kept here and added to you to make a run. It doesn't have to be framed as a tank trade if they bring back a roster player and picks
                        I'd rather they just tanked lol

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post

I'd rather they just tanked lol
                          Yah they could foil Masai's evil plan like they did with the Rudy Gay trade if one of the problems now is chemistry.
                          What if Barnes in particular took off?

Comment

Well, depending on the return, something like the gay trade that Claw mentioned in the other thread could help the team. We needed a bench then, and we need one now. Of course, no guarantee Nurse will play them anyways. But a couple of guys that could fill bench roles, and maybe a crappy pick, might be decent for Fred given how he's playing.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eNfu2gLZNo

short segment with redick! nothing particularly new in this clip but cant wait to see the whole thing.
                              This guy never amazes me...here we go, poor baby, I'm not playing well, I'm gonna cry so ppl can have sympathy..I'm just sick of players like this, sick of drama, can u just ball or just f&$% off...what is this s%%^..can u not c this..just hot garbage.
                              Whatever, why not, let's hear it from Nameless 23....
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post

Well, depending on the return, something like the gay trade that Claw mentioned in the other thread could help the team. We needed a bench then, and we need one now. Of course, no guarantee Nurse will play them anyways. But a couple of guys that could fill bench roles, and maybe a crappy pick, might be decent for Fred given how he's playing.
                                Masai is supposed to be able to fleece guys and like I said, he's got a Chip winning, All Star, savvy veteran that bet on himself to dangle

Comment

Working...
                                X