No announcement yet.

Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looks like i am going to get my wish hearing scottie unfollowed fred.

Comment

• "League sources say Toronto is active in trade talks and open to moving players, but the asking prices have been described as “insane,” “astronomical,” and “far-fetched.” (Shock of all shocks, teams place less value opposing teams’ players in negotiations than that team.)"

Surprise, surprise sounds like a move will be certainly made before the deadline

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Fred IS the new era. Kyle passed him the torch, remember?
        Someone had to hold the torch while Masai came to grips with the fact that he's not winning anything with the supporting cast from the glory year.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

I'll leave the timing of the best return up to Masai and Bobby.
          I just want them to do something of substance and there's no even any guarantee of that.
          Of course there's no guarantee. Takes two to tango, after all.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

it depends on how bad the lockerroom is. If it gets toxic in there hypothetically then sometimes it is better to just pull the trigger and make a change for the sake of it.
            I don't think the locker room is toxic. Do we have any reason to believe it is? Losing sucks, sure, and pivoting quick to save wins is a fair argument and would address any bad vibes (again, not sure those are a problem), but if we're selling on Fred we are probably not looking to get back into the win column right away anyway...
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Everyone getting all torn up about Fred doing interviews is probably not remembering the interviews Lowry (and Masai!) was doing midway through the chip season when there were questions about his relationship with Masai after the DeMar trade and his reduced role. Questions are being asked regardless, the player actually answering them to the best of their ability (whether you agree with their assessment or not) is a good thing, I think.

As for Fred's reduced usage, in at least one respect he is right - when they have the small starters out there (their preferred lineup for some reason), he's taken a significant back seat to the other guys, with a 13% usage on the year in that lineup. With his more normal usage coming when other guys are out or resting.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I don't think the locker room is toxic. Do we have any reason to believe it is? Losing sucks, sure, and pivoting quick to save wins is a fair argument and would address any bad vibes (again, not sure those are a problem), but if we're selling on Fred we are probably not looking to get back into the win column right away anyway...
                I don’t think the locker room is toxic as yet but it’s certainly lost. Fred is supposed to be the vocal leader and besides “cussing” I don’t think there’s much leading. We’ve seen throughout the years when Lowry would have shooting slumps, he would still figure out ways to will his team to a win in other aspects of the game or take accountability for his poor play. We’re clearly not getting that from Fred this season

Comment

Everyone getting all torn up about Fred doing interviews is probably not remembering the interviews Lowry (and Masai!) was doing midway through the chip season when there were questions about his relationship with Masai after the DeMar trade and his reduced role. Questions are being asked regardless, the player actually answering them to the best of their ability (whether you agree with their assessment or not) is a good thing, I think.

As for Fred's reduced usage, in at least one respect he is right - when they have the small starters out there (their preferred lineup for some reason), he's taken a significant back seat to the other guys, with a 13% usage on the year in that lineup. With his more normal usage coming when other guys are out or resting.
                  So you believe all these websites and blogs and writer independently of each other asked Fred alone and specifically about his role and useage?

That's the point. He or his agent are seeking deflection and blaming his role change. Never mind he can't drop a three to save his life.
                  Hey, neother can the whole team but you don't see them running around telling the world it's not their fault ....

Listen I like Fred but anyone can see he's playing politics and not particularly well.

Comment

I didn't say it was toxic did I.

it depends on how bad the lockerroom is. If it gets toxic in there hypothetically then sometimes it is better to just pull the trigger and make a change for the sake of it.

And you are right if we are selling fred we aren't looking at getting in the win column at least not for this season.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

So you believe all these websites and blogs and writer independently of each other asked Fred alone and specifically about his role and useage?

That's the point. He or his agent are seeking deflection and blaming his role change. Never mind he can't drop a three to save his life.
                      Hey, neother can the whole team but you don't see them running around telling the world it's not their fault ....

Listen I like Fred but anyone can see he's playing politics and not particularly well.
                      Self Preservation

We cannot blame them to use all the strategies in the book in deflecting blame and minimizing the damage of betting on themselves after declining the 110 million offer that was on the table. They thought after an All Star season, a repeat performance is still possible but their guess was wrong, this is his worse season of his career since his rookie year.

We can call toxic but it is what is…

“They better bring out the Brinks truck,” quipped Thomas during the Celtics’ summer league game on Saturday against Chicago. “They’re paying everybody else. I gotta get something.”
                      betting on one self may have a different outcome…..HAHA
                      Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Fri Jan 6, 2023, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Everyone getting all torn up about Fred doing interviews is probably not remembering the interviews Lowry (and Masai!) was doing midway through the chip season when there were questions about his relationship with Masai after the DeMar trade and his reduced role. Questions are being asked regardless, the player actually answering them to the best of their ability (whether you agree with their assessment or not) is a good thing, I think.

When Siakam was out he was #1 in usage on the team. Overall though compared to last year his usage is 22.4 now versus 23.7 then. He has one less touch per game. He has a reduced usage but not significantly as you are painting it out to be. Early on YES but even then he was between19-20% we had almost even distribution of usage across the board early on not including siakam.

Moving on with the other parts. His interview was fine but yes he is deflecting some of the blame for sure. He outlined how he can go off for 30 any night and have back to back nights.. well this year he did that for sure and we still lost.

Is it all Fred's fault? of course not so don't insinuate that some of us are saying that. I am not personally saying that.. that is for sure. We remember the Lowry thing but those interviews were different. Lowry was basically ... I am all about business this season. That was it.. and that was fine. It was understandable. Heck Fred's responses are understandable but it is funny and predictable that he will deflect blame. He did say in his own interview (FRED) that he feels like he doesn't have the right role and wants a bigger role or atleast that is implied is it not?
                        Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Fri Jan 6, 2023, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I didn't say it was toxic did I.

And you are right if we are selling fred we aren't looking at getting in the win column at least not for this season.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Keerthika truth teller

Koloko
                            OG
                            Pascal
                            Trent
                            Scottie

the moment they rid of VanVleet…this team will take off like a rocket

Comment

• Omg...lol..so I listen 2 Reddick podcast.
                              I didn't care about the beginning, at the end is juicy part, team struggles..etc..
                              I can't handle this guy anymore, first of all..why the f^$% u doing podcast in the middle of season, your team is Trash, we know why...of course it's about him, it's always about him.
                              I wonder why Scottie unfollowed u, dude..ppl c the bulls^$%..
                              Anyway, I want 2 all of u 2 listen how his political and manipulates his words that team struggles is not him, its bc he was playing different roles, I'm playing a lot minutes..listen how twists the words that it's not him the issue, but the team.
                              Unbelievable...common man, are u serious.
                              U watch...I guarantee, this is turn into something worse, there is gonna be in fight, probably is already, lockeroom, he will leaked it..
                              This thing around the team ain't gonna turn around. Players aren't stupid, u think watching this players aren't gonna bring it up and say..dude..so u think it's my fault that we're playing like s%$%..I know if I was his teammate, I would have some words. WTF..Honestly..Selfish B&^^#..
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Lets just hope that he is at least playable before the deadline, avoid any injuries. We expect the seesaw of his numbers from now until that point……positive production on a given night is just gravy.

let him talk, he is fully entitled to it. Whatever is happening inside the locker room and his relationship with his teammates, I am sure Masai and Bobby are fully aware of it. This situation is on their hands, it is a choice and they have to pick which direction is ultimately best for this team.

….whew that is a tough for the Claw Reborn to have a very lucid take in this ever evolving VanVleet saga lol

Comment

Working...
                                X