No announcement yet.

Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol people cant even do an interview now without loser fans crying about it. jesus.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I don't disagree but if you are trading fred I think the idea that Dan was getting at is.. you aren't trading fred to try to win now or try to make the playoffs. you may still make the playoffs as long as you keep siakam and og.

Comment

• is it ironic that you are also crying about people like Doc or someone else having a strong opinion about the VanVleet interview.

like VanVleet, people in this forum are very much entitled to speak about this team’s losing season so far

Hey-sus.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

how is that a team best? i just looked it up (using only lineups that have played more than 20 min together)

https://www.nba.com/stats/lineups/ad...ort=NET_RATING

the actual team best is siakam, fred, og, trent and precious with 69.1 net rating.

the WORST lineup is actually siakam, og, trent, flynn and barnes at -40.7 rating lol.

this thread is just turning into a sad pileup of useless drivel.

Comment

• That Siakam-Barnes-OG-GTJ-Koloko lineup is very interesting. Second best rating lineup there

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              Preach Doc .

I get the frustrations from fans. Fred has regressed a lot in the last couple of years, but I think he's earned a little more respect from us. I chalk a lot of his struggles to the fact that Masai/Bobby haven't constructed this team properly. If they did, Nurse wouldn't be playing Fred 40+ minutes per game.

Fred's a player who doesn't shy away from being physical. That style of play is taking a toll on his body which in turn is clearly affecting his performance.

That being said, I'm not opposed to dealing him before the deadline considering he'll likely opt out this summer. I just think he deserves better support and not throwing him to the wolves every game now.

Comment

• best part of the jj redick podcast was fred getting stoically mad at tommy because tommy said pascal wasn't going to be an all-star this year.

but sure lets try to talk about how fred is some manipulative media whore whos selfish and just wants to get paid lol. yeesh.

Comment

• Doc wrote: View Post

I get the frustrations from fans. Fred has regressed a lot in the last couple of years, but I think he's earned a little more respect from us. I chalk a lot of his struggles to the fact that Masai/Bobby haven't constructed this team properly. If they did, Nurse wouldn't be playing Fred 40+ minutes per game.

Fred's a player who doesn't shy away from being physical. That style of play is taking a toll on his body which in turn is clearly affecting his performance.

That being said, I'm not opposed to dealing him before the deadline considering he'll likely opt out this summer. I just think he deserves better support and not throwing him to the wolves every game now.
                  Fred's become the lightning rod and he's going to attract outsized blame and criticism. Part of that comes with being one of the leaders on the team that is not performing well while he struggles - Fred wanted the benefits of that outsized role so he also has to live with the negatives and he seems to know that.

Your second sentence raises a really interesting conundrum the front office has caused which should probably be raised with them: if FVV is so important to the team's success, why have you not brought in a back-up guard that would allow Fred to play reasonable minutes and keep him fresh and at his most effective?

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    best part of the jj redick podcast was fred getting stoically mad at tommy because tommy said pascal wasn't going to be an all-star this year.

but sure lets try to talk about how fred is some manipulative media whore whos selfish and just wants to get paid lol. yeesh.
                    We can certainly read too much into stuff but, come on, you can't see that Doug Smith article about 'tough love' and not think it's incredibly weird.

Would also be fair to say that Fred's not the only one making sure his side is out there. Either the FO or coaching staff gave the Toronto media the go-ahead to go after Barnes and his offseason to cover their own asses for doing a shitty job coaching and building this roster.

This kind of stuff always happens when things go bad.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                      That Siakam-Barnes-OG-GTJ-Koloko lineup is very interesting. Second best rating lineup there
                      I saw a facebook post that added more info:

Just adding some additional information based on a question below:
                      Other two line ups that have more minutes are Scottie Barnes, Fred Vanvleet, O.G. Anunoby, Pascal Siakam & Christian Koloko which has a net rating of 1.3. This is across 162 minutes. They play with a pace of 99.37 They have a TS% of 54.3.

Scottie Barnes, Fred Vanvleet, O.G. Anunoby, Pascal Siakam & Gary Trent Jr. which has a net rating of 3.6. This is across 85 minutes. They play with a pace of 99.14 They have a TS% of 57.9.

What is VERY interesting is the pace with out Fred goes up to 105.04 in that top line up mentioned at the beginning of the post. Also posting the highest player impact estimate of the three. It has the second highest rebounding percentage too and the best defensive rating, as well as, the best offensive rating.

That same line without Pascal and swapping in GTJ in his place has a net rating of -7.9.

There are line-ups that exist on this team that work for sure but I don't know if we have utilized them enough. Partially as a result of injuries but potentially because of other reasons too.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                        I saw a facebook post that added more info:

Just adding some additional information based on a question below:
                        When you consistently dribble 14 seconds off the shot clock, creating no advantages, that's gonna slow down the pace.

Comment

• Fred needs a change of scenery.

We need a real PG.

Lowry needed out of Houston and we got him for a guaranteed lotto 1st and it worked out great for us.

I'd like to see the same thing happen for another team with Fred and we get a lotto 1st.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Keerthika truth teller

Koloko
                            OG
                            Pascal
                            Trent
                            Scottie

the moment they rid of VanVleet…this team will take off like a rocket
                            I don't know if they take off like a rocket, but I do believe it will galvanize the team and they'll rally around the cause with Flynn/Dowtin stepping up with who they get in return for Fred. Rating the trade will depend on if they get a decent young player/pick or two ....

If still here, I predict both Scotty and to an extent GTJr's numbers improve.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                              Oh c'mon, he's exactly using the media to manipulate the narrative and he himself said he just wants to get paid

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

So you believe all these websites and blogs and writer independently of each other asked Fred alone and specifically about his role and useage?

That's the point. He or his agent are seeking deflection and blaming his role change. Never mind he can't drop a three to save his life.
                                Hey, neother can the whole team but you don't see them running around telling the world it's not their fault ....

Listen I like Fred but anyone can see he's playing politics and not particularly well.
                                I mean, sure, but only so much as every single player does when they are addressing the media.

As for the topic of his role change, it was a topic of much discussion amongst the media way before the season started, so Fred certainly didn't initiate that storyline. He's just addressing a real thing that is happening.

Nothing wrong with that. What there is something wrong with is if him being in a smaller role is going to result in this sort of performance, he just doesn't fit with the future of the team anymore.

The hope is obviously that he'll work through the role issues and between that and getting healthy we'll have our elite off ball threat, heady defender, and in-a-pinch creator back where we need him.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X