Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

by this logic why is the raptors absolute worse lineup = siakam, og, gtj, flynn and barnes with a whopping -40.7 in net rating? someone seems conspicuously absent from this lineup! (yes we can all manipulate data to suit our arguments)
    Might have something to do with sample size.

What I did notice was that when Fred went into his shooting funk, Nurse started tethering his minutes to Pascal in non-starter lineups. When Fred is playing well, the better scenario is to split them up and have them both boost the bench.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Might want to adjust your criteria for good and very good.

League average TS% is up to almost 58% (57.7) this year.
      With TS% you need to look at positions.

A lot of C have ridiculously high TS%.

I'd compare Fred to league average for positions 1-3.

Might still be bad but it's important context.

Gobert usually leads the league in TS% and no one would consider him an offensive weapon.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Gobert usually leads the league in TS% and no one would consider him an offensive weapon.
        Yep. Something to consider in the off-season when he’s looking for Herro (58% TS) money.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

by this logic why is the raptors absolute worse lineup = siakam, og, gtj, flynn and barnes with a whopping -40.7 in net rating? someone seems conspicuously absent from this lineup! (yes we can all manipulate data to suit our arguments)
          What's that like an 8 second sampling?

Comment

• VanVleet with a TS% of 52% is ranked 125th amongst Guards/ amongst Starters…

that’s that….no bullshit whatsoever to deflect blame…

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/ad...-1&sort=TS_PCT

Trent is ranked 88th btw.

For a team intending to trade for VanVleet, it is more of a need of his services and what he can offer ( i.e. leadership/ championship experience/ 6th man for a contending team) too name a few reasons.

He does have value and teams would be willing to give up a later round FRP for him.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

nba.com/stats can break down stats per position. So of all guards in the league Fred is ranked 158th in TS%. That's out of 246 players. If you only include guards that start, then he's ranked 125th out of 165 players. Some of that can be filtered further based on minutes/games played, etc. But in general, It's not been a very good season for him.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                VanVleet with a TS% of 52% is ranked 125th amongst Guards/ amongst Starters…

that’s that….no bullshit whatsoever to deflect blame…

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/ad...-1&sort=TS_PCT

Trent is ranked 88th btw.

For a team intending to trade for VanVleet, it is more of a need of his services and what he can offer ( i.e. leadership/ championship experience/ 6th man for a contending team) too name a few reasons.

He does have value and teams would be willing to give up a later round FRP for him.
                Fred was at 55% last season, around what Gary is producing at this year. There is a good chance he's just having a bad season and can rebound. Guys can have bad seasons in the NBA.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Fred was at 55% last season, around what Gary is producing at this year. There is a good chance he's just having a bad season and can rebound. Guys can have bad seasons in the NBA.
                  I don’t disagree….if he picked up his option, fine.

But if Masai or Bobby doubles down and bet on a hope like you then it is a big risk that I hope they both don’t take. Gary 23 vs. VanVleet 28….bodies/ built are different….like comparing the turnaround of Pascal vs. the hope of VanVleet doing so….totally different circumstances

thank God, VanVleet and his agent bet on themselves….divine intervention

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Might want to adjust your criteria for good and very good.

League average TS% is up to almost 58% (57.7) this year.
                    Right, and Fred putting up league average efficiency, for THIS team, is a very good outcome.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

And the + / - is misleading, depending on who he is on the court with.
                      Ah, a fascinating point - I recommend you pull the lineup information, it is publicly available on NBA.com. and let us know who he was on the court with and why that is causing these numbers to be misleading. Rather than just assuming it is misleading without even looking, which I'm sure you didn't do.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

2nd Worse to his rookie season, that’s 7 years ago.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

I don’t disagree….if he picked up his option, fine.

But if Masai or Bobby doubles down and bet on a hope like you then it is a big risk that I hope they both don’t take. Gary 23 vs. VanVleet 28….bodies/ built are different….like comparing the turnaround of Pascal vs. the hope of VanVleet doing so….totally different circumstances

thank God, VanVleet and his agent bet on themselves….divine intervention
                          28 is not old. 35 is old. 28 is still right in that prime year. But, I'm not hoping for anything. VanVleet isn't a scrub. He's going to be an asset no matter what.. just like DeMar was. DeMar had a terrible playoffs and was still traded for Kawhi. And the Spurs aren't a joke franchise.

It's really a matter of when the Raptors want to move on from this core into a new one. I don't see it happening at the deadline. It's hard to make deals then.

If Fred is moved it's likely in the summer. As for his player option.. I think he still opts out. And I still suspect he gets a 3-4 year deal just like he would have if he played well. And if the Raps bring him back, who says they would keep him for all 3-4 years?

Comment

• Its not fred is having a bad spell. Hes shooting poorly because hes playing off ball more. He admitted as much. Are you going to find shots you like with the ball in your hands 70% of the time or 40%?
                            Last edited by Yuri Gagarin; Wed Jan 11, 2023, 01:58 PM.

Comment

28 is not old. 35 is old. 28 is still right in that prime year. But, I'm not hoping for anything. VanVleet isn't a scrub. He's going to be an asset no matter what.. just like DeMar was. DeMar had a terrible playoffs and was still traded for Kawhi. And the Spurs aren't a joke franchise.

It's really a matter of when the Raptors want to move on from this core into a new one. I don't see it happening at the deadline. It's hard to make deals then.

If Fred is moved it's likely in the summer. As for his player option.. I think he still opts out. And I still suspect he gets a 3-4 year deal just like he would have if he played well. And if the Raps bring him back, who says they would keep him for all 3-4 years?
                              Come on man….you have to admit though that his body is failing him….watching him don a back brace on the bench resting is concerning….the one game great and 3-4 consecutive dismal games is a reflection of a player on a decline.

But let’s see what happens….I am one of the few who is hopeful that we change course.

I would rather find him a new destination in this present situation than attaching 110-120 million hefty contract then find a willing trade partner to give up young players and a future pick down the road.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Ah, a fascinating point - I recommend you pull the lineup information, it is publicly available on NBA.com. and let us know who he was on the court with and why that is causing these numbers to be misleading. Rather than just assuming it is misleading without even looking, which I'm sure you didn't do.
                                Who is FVV's backup?

Comment

Working...
                                X