• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    Have seen this interesting trade idea floating around:

To Raps: Terry Rozier
    To Bulls: FVV
    To CLT: Lonzo Ball

Can adjust with picks/players as needed going different ways, but that's the core of the deal.

Kind of makes sense for all of the teams involved.
    Rozier's having a really crappy year too. 32.7% from 3. 41.2% FG%. 51.1% TS%.

He looked good against the Raptors, but overall not so good. I don't think the Raps do this, unless we're also getting at least one FRP back.

Comment

Can adjust with picks/players as needed going different ways, but that's the core of the deal.

you've been on and on about how we need "a real point guard" and terry rozier is the solution? the dude is everything everyone here complains about fred on steroids.

i don't see how adding a ball dominant chucker like rozier would help scottie's development, and maximizing scottie's potential should be the number one priority of this franchise for their long-term future. we'd also be locked into rozier's contract until 2025.

just do the trade centred around lonzo, if anything (i'd want more than just ball but it's a starting point)

Comment

I don't know if it makes sense for the Hornets to have both Lonzo and LaMelo. Seems like a bad fit.

Comment

Considering how both Rozier and Ball 2.0 both ran around Fred at will recently, but I'd sooner have Lonzo. It would be the same in the post season, Fred can't keep up with the Guards in the East playoffs.

But this is Flynn's last 7 games.....we need a lead Guard and maybe see what Banton's got.
          14 mins/0 points

18 mins/4 points

13 mins/2 points

3 mins/0 points

12 mins/0 points

9 mins/0 points

18 mins/0 points

Comment

I want Ball way more than Rozier. Rozier isn't a PG and we need one. Rozier is a crappier version of Fred.

Comment

• Lonzo please

Comment

• Lonzo could be damaged goods. Would have to tread really carefully with this one.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I want Ball way more than Rozier. Rozier isn't a PG and we need one. Rozier is a crappier version of Fred.
                  Still very risky, but yeah, I'd also rather have Lonzo + picks for Fred and hopefully that would improve our tank odds.

But I'm almost certain Masai & Bobby are going to keep Fred and pay him $30M in the off-season, while doing nothing or possibly adding to this team before the trade deadline. More likely scenario would be replacing Fred with Gary in the trade and make Rozier the 6th man here.

To Bulls: GTJ + filler
                  To Raps: Rozier
                  To CLT: Lonzo

Comment

• Lonzo Ball may never play again. And before injury, was mostly a perimeter-oriented PG with a barely passable 3. Nice passes, tho.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

you've been on and on about how we need "a real point guard" and terry rozier is the solution? the dude is everything everyone here complains about fred on steroids.

i don't see how adding a ball dominant chucker like rozier would help scottie's development, and maximizing scottie's potential should be the number one priority of this franchise for their long-term future. we'd also be locked into rozier's contract until 2025.

just do the trade centred around lonzo, if anything (i'd want more than just ball but it's a starting point)
                      Make Rozier 6th man.

Comment

• Lonzo Ball? lol. Sure let's trade for Turner as well. Porter, Lonzo and Turner all on the same team. What could possibly go wrong?
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Limited Upside wrote: View Post
                          Lonzo Ball may never play again. And before injury, was mostly a perimeter-oriented PG with a barely passable 3. Nice passes, tho.
                          42.3% from 3 on high volume (7.4 3PA)... is barely passable 3?

Comment

42.3% from 3 on high volume (7.4 3PA)... is barely passable 3?
                            He seemed to be improving when he got hurt, yes (small sample). I wouldn't count on that continuing, and he was not a good shooter when he entered the league, incl. inside 3-range. Also, he may never play again. That part is kind of key.

People do love the fancy passes, though!
                            Last edited by Limited Upside; Fri Jan 13, 2023, 12:48 PM.

Comment

He seemed to be improving when he got hurt, yes (small sample). I wouldn't count on that continuing, and he was not a good shooter when he entered the league, incl. inside 3-range. Also, he may never play again. That part is kind of key.

People do love the fancy passes, though!
                              I think Ball had mostly corrected the shooting issue between his later time in NO and then Chicago but it's all immaterial anyway until he shows he can play on that leg again.

Comment

He was improving when he got hurt, yes. I wouldn't count on that continuing, and he was not a good shooter when he entered the league. Also, he may never play again. That part is kind of key.
                                Improving? lol. Ball had 2 seasons of 37.5% and 38.5% from 3, even before the 42.3% season. He rebuilt his shot when he went to the Pelicans. I think you're still thinking about Lakers version of Lonzo Ball.

But yes... 100% agree. The injury risk is serious and real... which would factor heavily into the negotiations. That's why we'd need to get other assets back, like P Williams and a pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X