• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Or trade the two firsts to move up to a team not sold on Scoot
          you will need more than two firsts

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Trade the two firsts to a team who is not sold on Scoot
            I see. I misunderstood

Comment

• That Orlando deal looks a lot better with Houstan in place of Anthony

Not sure why anyone here would want Anthony

Comment

• Fred has literally morphed into a Tyler Herro / Jordan Poole clone, i.e., empty stats chucker & defensive pylon on a losing team.

Makes perfect sense because he's gunning for Poole / Herro money by playing Herro ball.

A 6th man, super-sub / spot starter on a contender is still the best role for Fred, if he still values winning.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  Fred has literally morphed into a Tyler Herro / Jordan Poole clone, i.e., empty stats chucker & defensive pylon on a losing team.

Makes perfect sense because he's gunning for Poole / Herro money by playing Herro ball.

A 6th man, super-sub / spot starter on a contender is still the best role for Fred, if he still values winning.
                  In his own words he won chip and now it's time to get money
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Fred has literally morphed into a Tyler Herro / Jordan Poole clone, i.e., empty stats chucker & defensive pylon on a losing team.

And yet we can point to Fred as one of the main reasons why the team has struggled this season because other guys have had relatively good seasons (Pascal, OG, Trent and Barnes as of late). Fred's point of attack defense was a crucial part of this system, but looks like last year's run to the All Star game has left Fred with perhaps permanent injuries?

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

In his own words he won chip and now it's time to get money
                      You can't just blame Fred, because 80% of the starting lineup is also playing for themselves. I called it early in the season. That vibe was so obvious and it has undermined the whole season.

People are confused and ask: "what changed since last season?"
                      A:> Pending contract situations.

golden wrote: View Post

The hard truth is that the top guys are playing for contracts, stats and individual accolades.

-Fred and Gary are playing for 30M+ contracts when they opt out.

-OG is playing for DPOY and more usage to get a max contract when he’s eligible.

-Pascal is playing for All-NBA, which nets him a super max.

Scottie should be more professional, for sure, but when your leaders are playing selfish ball, and especially your coach actively encourages them to get paid, it’s no wonder he’s depressed.

Scottie history shows that he is the ultimate team player and culture builder. But Raptors team culture has shifted this year… it’s a Bet on Yourself and Get Paid culture.
                      I'm officially absolving Nurse of "some" of the blame, because when your team leaders are setting a bad example, there's not much the coach can do.

Comment

• Scottie is also going through his sophomore season and trying to improve on his ROY season. If he was a team player he would be ok with coming off the bench but he wasn't.
                        Last edited by MixxAOR; Wed Jan 18, 2023, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Scottie is also going through his sophomore season and trying to improve on his ROY season. If he was a team player he would be ok with coming off the bench but he wasn't.
                          Well if the team is losing, tough to convince someone to do that.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Well if the team is losing, tough to convince someone to do that.
                            That's just how all players are wired to a certain extent. Especially young ones.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Problem is he has missed a ton of shots this season, open or not. Shots he could normally make. We saw the good Fred in the Bucks game.

Comment

Working...
                                X