Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    Yes MoBamba and Harris most likely the first two pieces….the salaries works

Cole Anthony could be added so most likely another Raptor (Flynn) could go the other way

But that Orlando First Round Pick would be the sweetest icing on the cake.
    or the chicago one

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Fred and Gary aren't letting Scottie have the ball in his hands. That's the problem.
      yeah that's just not what i'm seeing at all, especially lately. (it's true of gary but gary doesn't pass to anybody, and distributing is not his job). i've seen fred make way more of an effort to get scottie involved, particularly as a roller, but have also seen plenty of entry passes to the post as well as kick outs.

pascal on the other hand doesn't seem to let him touch the ball at all. he's usually parked in a corner but even when making cuts into open space when pascal is getting doubled he's not getting it.

all of scottie's best moments seem to come at the start of the 2nd and 4th quarters when pascal is resting.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post

30 is too much for me.

I understand Fred’s thoughts if that’s what he’s looking for. He’s had a dreadful season but in his mind he’s one season removed from an allstar game, still relatively young in NBA years, the vocal leader of the team and is playing hurt in a season where the whole team is bad

I’d love to see him back with the team but if I’m paying 30m for a player I want that player being one of the main catalysts of the team and I don’t think Fred should be at this point so it’s tough
        It'll be interesting to see what Fred signs for whether it's with Toronto or not. I'm also curious what that contract looks like when the cap increases. What would a man co tract look like at that point in comparison to a $30M contract?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

or the chicago one
          The Bulls pick is sneaking up there. Combine that with our picks and we’re right up there with the best odds at Wemby.

Comment

• Fred VanVleet wants a deal comparable to the four-year, $130 million one Tyler Herro signed with the Miami Heat, per @RicBucher
            fuck off if this is accurate

go somewhere else

Trade the guy already

Comment

• I don't like the pairing of Pascal and Scottie either. I don't think it will ever work. At best it will come out mediocre but in my opinion it will never be a winning formula. I do think Fred and Scottie can work though.. they are working now. Fred and Scottie actually have decent chemistry and Fred is a great floor spacer (well now he is).

But I don't think Pascal is getting the super max.. or at least won't get all-nba this season. He's playing like one, but the record stinks.. and there are a lot of great forwards in the NBA. I would vote for guys like Markkanen, Randle, Brown, and Zion over him. And that's not even counting Giannis, KD, Tatum or Lebron even.

So he'll get his 30% max. He might take a short term deal so he can get another raise when the cap goes up.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                I don't like the pairing of Pascal and Scottie either. I don't think it will ever work. At best it will come out mediocre but in my opinion it will never be a winning formula. I do think Fred and Scottie can work though.. they are working now. Fred and Scottie actually have decent chemistry and Fred is a great floor spacer (well now he is).

But I don't think Pascal is getting the super max.. or at least won't get all-nba this season. He's playing like one, but the record stinks.. and there are a lot of great forwards in the NBA. I would vote for guys like Markkanen, Randle, Brown, and Zion over him. And that's not even counting Giannis, KD, Tatum or Lebron even.

So he'll get his 30% max. He might take a short term deal so he can get another raise when the cap goes up.
                Huge disagree here.

How in the world do you get Scottie and Pascal not working but Scottie and Fred working?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The Bulls pick is sneaking up there. Combine that with our picks and we’re right up there with the best odds at Wemby.
                  I dont know if we get him but we can definitely could get scoot say if detroit drafts 2nd... they have already drafted cade and ivey and killian recently.

Comment

• Three team trade with the Lakers and another team…

VanVleet going to the Lakers

the other team would be getting the Lakers 2027, 2029 unprotected first round picks

Raptors getting young players from that other team and their 2023 FRP.

VanVleet and the Lakers have mutual interest….he will likely stay in LA and get paid in the offseason compliments of Rich Paul and Lebron’s influence

Comment

I dont know if we get him but we can definitely could get scoot say if detroit drafts 2nd... they have already drafted cade and ivey and killian recently.
                      If we had the Bulls pick combined with ours we’d have 15.8% chance at 1st overall. Rockets, Pistons & Hornets would each have 14%.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

If we had the Bulls pick combined with ours we’d have 15.8% chance at 1st overall. Rockets, Pistons & Hornets would each have 14%.
                        im not getting my hopes up to high

Comment

Three team trade with the Lakers and another team…

the other team would be getting the Lakers 2027, 2029 unprotected first round picks

VanVleet and the Lakers have mutual interest….he will likely stay in LA and get paid in the offseason compliments of Rich Paul and Lebron’s influence
                          pacers?

Comment

pacers?
                            or goes back to Orlando

Maybe it would be more enticing for Orlando’s position if they can get those picks from the Lakers

Comment

Three team trade with the Lakers and another team…

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2m53l8j8

Lakers
                              VanVleet
                              Isaac
                              Raptors 2025 FRP

Orlando
                              Thomas Bryant
                              Malachi Flynn
                              Russell Westbrook and his 47 million expiring contract
                              2027 Unprotected Lakers FRP
                              2029 Unprotected Lakers FRP

Raptors
                              Mo Bamba
                              Gary Harris
                              Cole Anthony
                              Orlando 2023 Pick

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Huge disagree here.

How in the world do you get Scottie and Pascal not working but Scottie and Fred working?
                                The 2-man net rating for Fred+Scottie and Pascal+Scottie is about the same. That's both this year and last year. Despite Fred having a terrible start to the season. And the back half last season.

If Fred continues to play like has (where he can consistently make his 3pt shots, and be a legit threat from the outside), then I find that Scottie and Pascal will just become super redundant. Neither can play off ball well. Unless they are involved in pick and roll actions with each other, but that rarely happens. So what we get is a lot of ISO. Pascal gives it up to Scottie, and hangs back. Or Scottie gives it to Pascal and hangs back. Without either being a 3pt threat, the offense can get mucky.

When Scottie gets naturally better and we want the ball more in his hands, Pascal's strengths gets diminished.

Now if Fred is playing like crap like he did for the first 30-35 games of the year, then yeah you don't want Fred anywhere near Scottie. But the guy we've seen most recently is the Fred that I was hoping to see all year. And that guy would work better with Scottie IMO.

With all that said, I don't think we're going to trade Pascal. I just think if we had to maximize this roster and have Scottie be the man.. Pascal will have to be moved. Pascal is a great #2 (we saw that in the chip run).. but Kawhi can make 3's.. we also had Fred and Marc on that team to make things easier for everyone. It's not a huge problem for now as we're still re-tooling this roster, but I think it will eventually be an issue. The good thing as well is because we have a stinky record, Pascal will likely not get all-nba. Which also means finding a trade partner should be a bit easier. Of course he could get all-nba next season, and still be qualified for the super max.

Comment

Working...
                                X