Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

To the point above, when lebron, Wade and Bosh colluded to take the exact same ~$20M per year to try and win "not one, not two, not three....) he was doubling that on his Chinese cheap labour shoe deal +++

He could ball for free and still be a very very rich man.
    The reality is that the salary cap massively penalized peak Lebron who should legitimately have been making making $100M or more in salary alone, because of the revenue he generated for the league and dragging an assortment of sorry ass teammates into the NBA Finals (other than the Heat).

The money that Lebron, Steph, KD, etc... should justifiably be earning ends up going to guys like Siakam and Fred, because of the salary cap system and dooms teams without legit superstars to mediocrity because of asset retention of 2nd and 3rd tier stars.

That said... Lebron made a wise business decision to prioritize championships over grabbing every last penny in salary. People are saying that never happens, but it has. However, that requires trust in the organization to build that championship team and some luck.

Almost every player just grabs every penny, as is their right. But just don't talk about "caring about winning", when the team can't bring in help... because you're loading the salary cap like Lebron, but you're not Lebron.
    Last edited by golden; Tue Jan 31, 2023, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• We’ve got the locker room leader, Fred VanVleet, coming up on a player option, which by all accounts, from anyone you talk to around the league, is expected to decline that player option and enter unrestricted free agency.

Regarding VanVleet’s extension talks before the season, I was told that the four-year, $114 million extension offer was never going to be high enough since VanVleet, who’s one of the top free agents entering the market this summer, considered himself somewhere in the $30-35 million average annual range, which is similar to Jrue Holiday’s average annual salary (this season), for example.

There seemed to certainly be an understanding with Toronto and Fred at the time that it was just a logistical thing. The possibility of him being in Toronto long-term was certainly in play.
      https://hoopshype.com/lists/raptors-...am-nick-nurse/
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• FVV is a Raptor for Life.... confirmed.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

FVV is a Raptor for Life.... confirmed.
          Looks like they moving away from defensive identity lately and moving away from 6'9 identity to accommodate Fred. Maybe they do love Fred more than project 6'9
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Looks like they moving away from defensive identity lately and moving away from 6'9 identity to accommodate Fred. Maybe they do love Fred more than project 6'9
            I think it's also the sober realization that they can't teach shooting to raw defensive players, like they smugly thought they could.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

NBA salaries are crazy. Guys like Norm are making more than Crosby and other top NHL players.
              10 years ago, lebron was "only" making ~$15M per year, the Cleveland II years were 20-30 and now 40M in LA.
              That's quite the cost of living increase.

But the NBA is doing well, ticket prices are way up, concession and pro shop stuff too, TV deal is way up (all stuff we agree to pay for or subsidize) so why complain?

As long as we still have the opportunity to build a competitive team and no one salary capsizes the ship, who cares I guess?
              They get just about zero of my money directly except through cable.
              SEASON TEAM SALARY
              2021/22 Los Angeles Lakers $41,180,544 ($44,911,401*)
              2020/21 Los Angeles Lakers $39,219,566 ($45,078,836*)
              2019/20 Los Angeles Lakers $37,436,858 ($43,307,655*)
              2018/19 Los Angeles Lakers $35,654,150 ($41,925,309*)
              2017/18 Cleveland Cavaliers $33,285,709 ($40,264,218*)
              2016/17 Cleveland Cavaliers $30,963,450 ($38,066,911*)
              2015/16 Cleveland Cavaliers $22,970,500 ($28,521,911*)
              2014/15 Cleveland Cavaliers $20,644,400 ($25,665,376*)
              2013/14 Miami Heat $19,067,500 ($24,196,202*)
              2012/13 Miami Heat $17,545,000 ($22,654,792*)
              2011/12 Miami Heat $16,022,500 ($21,033,142*)
              2010/11 Miami Heat $14,500,000 ($19,711,923*)

Comment

• You'll never get a opportunity like this 2 sell high. Fool's Gold.
                If u want proper rebuild, u can't half a@@ it.
                I just don't c this individual part a long future with Scottie, time will tell, we will all witness now or this summer.
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• With all these rumors going around

I think the best move is to trade VanVleet to Orlando before the deadline

VanVleet for MoBamba and another piece to match salaries plus a bonus FRP is the most prudent move with the future in sight.

this would allow Scottie to have sole control of the team until the end of the regular season, a significant time to evaluate him in that role.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                    With all these rumors going around

VanVleet for MoBamba and another piece to match salaries plus a bonus FRP is the most prudent move with the future in sight.

this would allow Scottie to have sole control of the team until the end of the regular season, a significant time to evaluate him in that role.
                    Why would they give up a bonus FRP

Comment

• We have no leverage with Orlando

Comment

With all these rumors going around

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post

Why would they give up a bonus FRP

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                        We have no leverage with Orlando
                        You are right, just like any other team, why would they give up a FRP, and we can also say, we really have no leverage.

But the only thing going for us is what VanVleet can offer these teams like Orlando? What would it take for them to pry away VanVleet from us. I think you have been around long enough to answer this question.

Keep in mind, when VanVleet becomes a free agent, he has more options out there in the open market.

Trading for him now would at least give them some time from the deadline until the offseason to convince him to stay.

Although, set that aside….getting MoBamba as the centerpiece of the trade even without a FRP is a win already. We ain’t paying VanVleet Herro money unless that is your intention all along.

Comment

You are right, just like any other team, why would they give up a FRP, and we can also say, we really have no leverage.

But the only thing going for us is what VanVleet can offer these teams like Orlando? What would it take for them to pry away VanVleet from us. I think you have been around long enough to answer this question.

Keep in mind, when VanVleet becomes a free agent, he has more options out there in the open market.

Trading for him now would at least give them some time from the deadline until the offseason to convince him to stay.

Although, set that aside….getting MoBamba as the centerpiece of the trade even without a FRP is a win already. We ain’t paying VanVleet Herro money unless that is your intention all along.
                          We have leverage with other teams though that won’t be able to afford signing him outright. I agree with trading him if he wants Herro money but would prefer doing it with a cap strapped team like NOP or LAC where they’d be forced to give up better assets as opposed to Orlando who can just say “here’s our offer and if you don’t like it we’ll just wait till the summer and offer him a huge contract then”

I do believe we can get a better offer than just Bamba/Harris for example and I don’t see Orlando offering more than that.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post

We have leverage with other teams though that won’t be able to afford signing him outright. I agree with trading him if he wants Herro money but would prefer doing it with a cap strapped team like NOP or LAC where they’d be forced to give up better assets as opposed to Orlando who can just say “here’s our offer and if you don’t like it we’ll just wait till the summer and offer him a huge contract then”

I do believe we can get a better offer than just Bamba/Harris for example and I don’t see Orlando offering more than that.
                            Fair enough, because the main intention of this trade as I stated on my first post:

allow Scottie to have the sole role of being the main facilitator of team from the end of the deadline until the end of the season (significant time to evaluate him in that role). Getting another player who requires significant possessions and usage will just defeat the purpose.

secondary to the fact and we both agree, we ain’t paying VanVleet Herro money when he becomes a free agent and tie 25% of our cap to a player with significant limitations plus undoubtedly hindering the growth of Scottie.

losing VanVleet for nothing is the dumbest move

Comment

Fair enough, because the main intention of this trade as I stated on my first post:

allow Scottie to have the sole role of being the main facilitator of team from the end of the deadline until the end of the season (significant time to evaluate him in that role). Getting another player who requires significant possessions and usage will just defeat the purpose.

secondary to the fact and we both agree, we ain’t paying VanVleet Herro money when he becomes a free agent and tie 25% of our cap to a player with significant limitations plus undoubtedly hindering the growth of Scottie.

losing VanVleet for nothing is the dumbest move
                              Looks like we agree with each other

Keeping the ball in Scottie and Pascal’s hands should be the priority

If Fred is willing to be an offball shooter and take a reasonable deal I’m more than happy to keep him but if not then a trade is best

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post

Looks like we agree with each other

Keeping the ball in Scottie and Pascal’s hands should be the priority

If Fred is willing to be an offball shooter and take a reasonable deal I’m more than happy to keep him but if not then a trade is best
                                That’s a vey expensive IF with a value attached amounting to $130 million dollars

my bad it’s actually $130 million

Tyler Herro and the Miami Heat agreed on a four-year contract extension Sunday that a person with knowledge of the details said could be worth $130 million.

The deal has $120 million in guaranteed salary and another $10 million in incentives, said the person, who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the financial details were not made public. ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski first reported the agreement. The team officially announced the deal on Sunday night.
                                Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Wed Feb 1, 2023, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X