No announcement yet.

Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
      What do they have that we want? Nothing?
      Gave away a lot of their draft choices already for PG didn't they.

And we've covered this already, I think Clippers are way down the list of who Masai would prefer to deal with, all things being equal.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post

Looks like we agree with each other

Keeping the ball in Scottie and Pascal’s hands should be the priority

If Fred is willing to be an offball shooter and take a reasonable deal I’m more than happy to keep him but if not then a trade is best
        Man, if Fred's best role is as an off-ball shooter (which a lot of posters around here have been saying for years)... there's like 30+ guards shooting above 38% from 3 this year. Feels like you should be able to get that role/skill for less than $35M/yr.... especially with Fred's on-ball defense continuing to decline like it has.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Man, if Fred's best role is as an off-ball shooter (which a lot of posters around here have been saying for years)... there's like 30+ guards shooting above 38% from 3 this year. Feels like you should be able to get that role/skill for less than $35M/yr.... especially with Fred's on-ball defense continuing to decline like it has.
          Who are some good off ball guards that shoot at a high clip but can also play defense? I think that's who we need to grab. I guess Lonzo Ball was the ideal candidate, but he may never come back to the league.

Comment

• KCP would be pretty good actually. He's a solid defender. Shoots 46% from 3 and is a UFA this summer.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Who are some good off ball guards that shoot at a high clip but can also play defense? I think that's who we need to grab. I guess Lonzo Ball was the ideal candidate, but he may never come back to the league.
              Fred plays defense so well these days that we have to put Scottie on CP3 and hide Fred on Bridges and he still gets torched. Fred chasing Steph around the box&1 days are long gone folks.

Comment

KCP would be pretty good actually. He's a solid defender. Shoots 46% from 3 and is a UFA this summer.
                I think it's also key that whoever comes in is not looking to be, and doesn't need to be, a high usage player who needs the ball and plays ran for him. There are too many cooks in the kitchen as is. Raps need the hosts, waitstaff, busboys, dishwashers, janitorial staff, etc.

Comment

• Fred has a -0.02 D-LEBRON this year. So basically neutral. It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. He was worse actually during our chip run year (-0.23).

Weirdly enough he's having his best offensive season. However the season isn't over so it could come down. This is super surprising and makes me question this stat now lol.

Comment

NBA Comparison: Glen Rice/Robert Covington

Strengths: Good size for a wing with a frame that should be able to add strength and muscle … Excellent length with a 7-foot wingspan … Comfortable shooting off the catch or on 1 and 2 dribble pull ups … Excellent feel for the game – Has instincts that allow him to always seem to be in the right position at the right time … High level understanding of the game, knows how to create spacing for his teammates and find openings in the defense … Looks to capitalize off defenders’ mistakes … Rebounds the ball well for a guard … Uses jab steps very well to create space and read how defenders are guarding him … Is able to shoot effectively even with defenders in his area … Accepts contact and goes up strong when shooting in the paint … Uses opponents’ momentum against them to create opportunities for himself by using pump fakes and jab steps … Runs the floor well in transition and finds a good balance between running to the rim and spotting up for three on the break

Moses Moody

they got poole, klay and seem to be playing devincenzo over moody but his numbers seem good in limited time. Might not take much to get him

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

NBA Comparison: Glen Rice/Robert Covington

Strengths: Good size for a wing with a frame that should be able to add strength and muscle … Excellent length with a 7-foot wingspan … Comfortable shooting off the catch or on 1 and 2 dribble pull ups … Excellent feel for the game – Has instincts that allow him to always seem to be in the right position at the right time … High level understanding of the game, knows how to create spacing for his teammates and find openings in the defense … Looks to capitalize off defenders’ mistakes … Rebounds the ball well for a guard … Uses jab steps very well to create space and read how defenders are guarding him … Is able to shoot effectively even with defenders in his area … Accepts contact and goes up strong when shooting in the paint … Uses opponents’ momentum against them to create opportunities for himself by using pump fakes and jab steps … Runs the floor well in transition and finds a good balance between running to the rim and spotting up for three on the break

Moses Moody

they got poole, klay and seem to be playing devincenzo over moody but his numbers seem good in limited time. Might not take much to get him
                      Yeah Moody was one of my top picks during the Scottie draft. And then we got to the top 4 so I stopped looking at him. I had Moody and Wagner as my 1 and 2.. and would have taken either over Scottie. I just wanted a shooter lol.

The Warriors won't just give Moody away.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I think it's also key that whoever comes in is not looking to be, and doesn't need to be, a high usage player who needs the ball and plays ran for him. There are too many cooks in the kitchen as is. Raps need the hosts, waitstaff, busboys, dishwashers, janitorial staff, etc.
                        Otto Porter was a perfect fit.. but that backfired due to injury. But yeah I agree. We need more role players. More Patrick Patterson and Amir Johnson types.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

I think the key here is you want a guard who can excel as an off ball shooter, but who can also playmake a bit, score for himself a bit, switch defensively and hold his own a little bit, rebound a bit... Not just a shooter. A do-everything guy who is best as a shooter. Much, much harder to find.

The biggest concern with Fred is the defensive drop off. Absolutely has to be taken into consideration. Although again hard to grade on a curve, since most of these guys we are looking to replace him with aren't playing 40 a night, and who knows how much better Fred looks if he isn't doing that either.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Fred has a -0.02 D-LEBRON this year. So basically neutral. It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. He was worse actually during our chip run year (-0.23).

Weirdly enough he's having his best offensive season. However the season isn't over so it could come down. This is super surprising and makes me question this stat now lol.
                            LEBRON is heavily box score influenced for an impact stat. Fred has seen a dip defensively (about 75th percentile in DEPM this year), but he's not a neutral impact guy just yet.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              Lol....Clippers..for what, they got nothing 2 offer, Masai be like plz b&%%..go away..
                              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

Lol....Clippers..for what, they got nothing 2 offer, Masai be like plz b&%%..go away..
                                2050 first round pick
                                we will be drafting Kawhi's son

Comment

Working...
                                X