Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
    S&T for Cole Anthony and Gary Harris would be amazing.
    not huge on cole anthony but I would do it

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I think they are trying to get him off ball. Way too much passiveness from Scottie leads to so many possessions getting reset and Fred creating something late. I'd love to see more Scottie creating but he hasn't moved past his pass first instincts yet.

You can "not buy it" all you like, Fred has been very, very good. I would absolutely love for him to be more efficient but I think you totally missed the point of my posts in the other thread if what you got out of it was "Fred bad, yucky shooting."

There is a fairly major gap between "playing like an all star" and "playing like trash" and I think generally discourse would be much improved if we acknowledged that.
      he chooses bad times to turn towards hero ball that is the primary issue. Orlando game is a good example.. last game as well. There are times if you are being HONEST that he does this and its more often than it is not. When he is hitting it looks great but him shooting 22 shots is something that will not lead us to playing winning basketball in a sustainable manner unless you personally think that we need 22 shots from FVV every night? How about utilize the short roll better instead of waiting to stop and then trying to hit it hit the pass on the move so the defender's hips are aligned with you.

Maybe hit boucher when he cuts and you have his man and your roller's man on you (happened against indiana). Myles turner and another Jalen Smith collapsing on you means someone is open and they were.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

he chooses bad times to turn towards hero ball that is the primary issue. Orlando game is a good example.. last game as well. There are times if you are being HONEST that he does this and its more often than it is not. When he is hitting it looks great but him shooting 22 shots is something that will not lead us to playing winning basketball in a sustainable manner unless you personally think that we need 22 shots from FVV every night? How about utilize the short roll better instead of waiting to stop and then trying to hit it hit the pass on the move so the defender's hips are aligned with you.

Maybe hit boucher when he cuts and you have his man and your roller's man on you (happened against indiana). Myles turner and another Jalen Smith collapsing on you means someone is open and they were.
        We were down two core guys so those shots had to go somewhere. OG was like 1-10, Barton was bad and Jak can't get his own shot. We needed Fred to be aggressive THAT game and he was.
        Last edited by LJ2; Fri Mar 24, 2023, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

We were down two core guys so those shots had to go somewhere. OG was like 1-10, Barton was bad and Jak can't get his own shot. We needed Fred to be aggressive THAT game and he was.
          in the fourth he could have taken 3 less shots or get them more within the rhythm of the game.. there were times he was going up against two diffenders instead of passing it to someone cutting and I can post the plays if needed

This one is better because he used Jak's screen to get completely open.

This one is an example of where he is taking an ill advised shot and not recognizing a few advantages.

Bad decision on the break. Boucher was streaking down and open OR run a set play if you have to.

Comment

• TTF, you should also show a specific play that he totally ignored Yak close to the basket with Yak showing both hands waiting for a pass, instead the midget forced a play close to 3 feet with a Detroit player half a foot taller than him with both arms raised up ready to smother his shot.

Fortunately for the midget, the referee “ironically”bailed him out, off he go to the free throw line.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

in the fourth he could have taken 3 less shots or get them more within the rhythm of the game.. there were times he was going up against two diffenders instead of passing it to someone cutting and I can post the plays if needed

This one is better because he used Jak's screen to get completely open.

This one is an example of where he is taking an ill advised shot and not recognizing a few advantages.

Bad decision on the break. Boucher was streaking down and open OR run a set play if you have to.

Nobody is saying he couldn't play better or smarter. He was called onto score in that game because they were down two of the main guys. If you want to review every play then you'll find issue with most every player that doesn't score at the end of a possession. He and Pascal are the only guys that could get their own bucket that game and Indiana knew that

Comment

Nobody is saying he couldn't play better or smarter. He was called onto score in that game because they were down two of the main guys. If you want to review every play then you'll find issue with most every player that doesn't score at the end of a possession. He and Pascal are the only guys that could get their own bucket that game and Indiana knew that
                Fred went 7-22.

Is that getting buckets?

Pretty sure you give anyone else on our roster 22 shots they could make more than 7 of them.

Comment

• I wish this guy would have another kid and just leave the Team..I can't watch this guy, especially now that Barnes is out, don't watch Raptor games...there not a fun team 2 watch, Boring..2 much ISO and Dribbling..
                  "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Fred went 7-22.

Is that getting buckets?

Pretty sure you give anyone else on our roster 22 shots they could make more than 7 of them.
                    i highly doubt it lol. the only other active player who can shoot was OG and he went 2 of 13. so who you gonna give those 22 shots to? boucher? lol
                    Last edited by iblastoff; Sun Mar 26, 2023, 06:55 PM.

Comment

That's a more even better way to involve your teammates. When the opponents are expecting you to score and are disregarding your teamates.

Comment

Fred went 7-22.

Is that getting buckets?

In that game OG was like 1-10 wasn't he? Nobody else could create their own shot other than Fred and Pascal so they took a lot of shots. Pretty sure you give anyone else in that game 22 shots and they don't make more than 7 of them. The defense isn't dumb, they scout our team and knew we were down two of our main guys.

Comment

Fred went 7-22.

Is that getting buckets?

Fred also created enough advantage to get to the line 10 times, hitting 9 of them.

He scored 28 points on 28 shooting possessions, while shooting 25% from three. He had a lot of turnovers, but also created 11 assists on a night when the other finishers weren't in the lineup.

Pascal played like a superstar (in the second half specifically), Jak finished well inside (most of those looks being fed by Fred) - though cost us late with the FT shooting, Malachi had a hot shooting night which is not exactly something you can rely on and put up a helpful 8 points. Outside of that, Boucher was the only other player to score a point per shooting possession on the team (11 on 11). OG was 7 points on 14, Barton 4 on 8, and Koloko and Dowtin to their credit combined for 2 points on 2 shots total so I guess good for them.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Fred also created enough advantage to get to the line 10 times, hitting 9 of them.

He scored 28 points on 28 shooting possessions, while shooting 25% from three. He had a lot of turnovers, but also created 11 assists on a night when the other finishers weren't in the lineup.

Pascal played like a superstar (in the second half specifically), Jak finished well inside (most of those looks being fed by Fred) - though cost us late with the FT shooting, Malachi had a hot shooting night which is not exactly something you can rely on and put up a helpful 8 points. Outside of that, Boucher was the only other player to score a point per shooting possession on the team (11 on 11). OG was 7 points on 14, Barton 4 on 8, and Koloko and Dowtin to their credit combined for 2 points on 2 shots total so I guess good for them.
                            Fred had a 141 ORTG @ 27.1% USG. That's stellar.
                            OG had a 135 ORTG @ 26.5% USG. Also superb.
                            Pascal had a 104 ORTG @ 26.8% USG. Not superstar'ish.

Dowtin and Koloko didn't have great individual stats, but they kept the bench units from cratering by providing solid defense.

That said... we played the depleted Wiz, so they did what they were supposed to. Nurse recognizing Koloko and Dowtin off the bench rotation was the most encouraging sign of the night.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Dowtin and Koloko didn't have great individual stats, but they kept the bench units from cratering by providing solid defense.

That said... we played the depleted Wiz, so they did what they were supposed to. Nurse recognizing Koloko and Dowtin off the bench rotation was the most encouraging sign of the night.
                              In the Indy game, was what the discussion above was about.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

As Dan pointed out we were discussing the Indy game. Please post the usage and ORTG for that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X