Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

As Dan pointed out we were discussing the Indy game. Please post the usage and ORTG for that one.
    Fred 107, 31%.
    Pascal 153, 24%.
    Jak 139, 20%.
    Boucher 119, 16%.
    OG 68, 17%.
    Barton 67, 15%.
    Flynn 95, 19%.

Like, Jak you can't really pump usage intentionally without a steep drop off in efficiency. Same with Boucher. So who do you want taking Fred's shots?
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

As Dan pointed out we were discussing the Indy game. Please post the usage and ORTG for that one.
      Yeah, my bad. I’ll see my way out…

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Fred 107, 31%.
        Pascal 153, 24%.
        Jak 139, 20%.
        Boucher 119, 16%.
        OG 68, 17%.
        Barton 67, 15%.
        Flynn 95, 19%.

Like, Jak you can't really pump usage intentionally without a steep drop off in efficiency. Same with Boucher. So who do you want taking Fred's shots?
        More shots for Jak. We can drop his efficiency and he'd still be leaps and bounds more efficient than Fred.

Also swap Fred's usage with Pascals. No reason for Fred to have higher usage when Pascal is playing well and Fred is shooting like crap.

I'd be fine with a bit more Boucher there too.

Lastly, give more run to Dowtin. He played 6 minutes in that game and made his only shot.

When Fred is shooting that poorly you try something else, you don't just throw your hands up and say we're helpless to try anything else.

Comment

More shots for Jak. We can drop his efficiency and he'd still be leaps and bounds more efficient than Fred.

Also swap Fred's usage with Pascals. No reason for Fred to have higher usage when Pascal is playing well and Fred is shooting like crap.

I'd be fine with a bit more Boucher there too.

Lastly, give more run to Dowtin. He played 6 minutes in that game and made his only shot.

When Fred is shooting that poorly you try something else, you don't just throw your hands up and say we're helpless to try anything else.
          OK, let's examine your stance here. Let's say we keep Jak's baseline shot spectrum intact at 139 ORTG, but also add some post ups I guess? Self creation possessions of some sort. You have evidence those added possessions would be better than 107 ORTG? I'm sure he'd be able to stay above 107 if you include the possessions he already had in there but why would you?

Absolutely Pascal should have been more aggressive in the first half in particular. He faded into the background. Pascal can't let that happen, and he self corrected in the 2nd half but it was too little too late given how much the rest of the roster struggled.

You can be fine with a bit more Boucher all you like. Having Boucher self create shots is not going to result in a >107 ORTG for those shots.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• FWIW, on the BS podcast dissecting the Mavs decline, Bill mentioned more than one that if they don't resign Kyrie, the Mavs will have lots of space and than Fred could be a target). More saying "what are they going to do with that space" rather than he thinks it's a good idea

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
              FWIW, on the BS podcast dissecting the Mavs decline, Bill mentioned more than one that if they don't resign Kyrie, the Mavs will have lots of space and than Fred could be a target). More saying "what are they going to do with that space" rather than he thinks it's a good idea
              That would be an interesting fit. It could work, but I also thought Kyrie could work there. Fred's got ego but nothing like Kyrie so I think he'd work better.

Dallas will be desperate to do something so wouldn't surprise me if they overpay to bring in Fred.

Comment

That would be an interesting fit. It could work, but I also thought Kyrie could work there. Fred's got ego but nothing like Kyrie so I think he'd work better.

Dallas will be desperate to do something so wouldn't surprise me if they overpay to bring in Fred.
                Doesn't much matter what Dallas does in terms of adding a single player. Their problem is they gutted their entire team and don't have the depth or defensive backbone left over to compete.

Real problem for them is if they let Kyrie walk, they still probably have only about 20M in cap space at best.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Irving is a cancer. Fred would be a better fit with anyone, any day of the week. Mavs have lots of issues, though, so it would have to be one move of several.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Irving is a cancer. Fred would be a better fit with anyone, any day of the week. Mavs have lots of issues, though, so it would have to be one move of several.
                    Yeah it seems like Dallas has done everything wrong since they drafted Luka.
                    Cuban is kind of an ego maniac dickhead so it's a little fun to watch.

I would have taken Dinwiddie and that 2029 first for Fred. They could have kept Finney-Smith.
                    Last edited by Primer; Mon Mar 27, 2023, 04:09 PM.

Comment

I would have taken Dinwiddie and that 2029 first for Fred. They could have kept Finney-Smith.
                      That was the best trade available for them and for us. Yeah, Cuban is a dumbass. I could see Mavs doing a Kyrie S&T with the Lakers for D'Angelo Russell in the off-season.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        FWIW, on the BS podcast dissecting the Mavs decline, Bill mentioned more than one that if they don't resign Kyrie, the Mavs will have lots of space and than Fred could be a target). More saying "what are they going to do with that space" rather than he thinks it's a good idea
                        he also through out a number - 40 million AAV

Comment

• primer wrote: View Post

fred went 7-22.

Is that getting buckets?

Pretty sure you give anyone else on our roster 22 shots they could make more than 7 of them.
                          tons of buckets!!!!!

Comment

I wish we took that spencer deal

Comment

• At least we don’t see many “not a point guard” proclamations anymore. Small blessings.

Comment

• Legend

https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/...LrUiDfWzg&s=19
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X