Everything VanVleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well said axel.

I'd like to see fvv get a chance to take a few mins from Lowry (43 mins last game).

Fvv can play inside out and is a good passer, particularly he can lead the roll man. This could really help jv to play with the 2nd unit.
    Fvv
    Ross
    Dmc
    Pat
    Jv

You can also use cory and norm with fvv off ball and those guys can help hide fvv on defense. Also, you could swap Dmc for pat.

The point is this is a totally different look than dd and kl. Hopefully those guys get 8 mins rest while jv gets some looks and our shooters get some looks.

Fvv
    Ross
    Norm
    Dmc
    Jv

This a lineup I'd like to see. I like Ross and norm together.

That leaves

Kl
    Cj
    Dd
    Pp
    Ln

Jv vs zaza on the 2nd night of the back vs gsw might be a good test.

Comment

I would not like to see a single non-garbage time minute where both DeRozan and Lowry are on the bench this season (barring injury to one of them of course, or a rest game where one or both sit).

I would also not like to see Van Vleet play a single non-garbage time minute (again barring injury to Lowry or CoJo, rest game, etc).

We have plenty enough wing and guard depth without plumbing the 15th spot for rotation minutes. It's just a matter of apportioning minutes correctly to Lowry, DD, CoJo, Powell, Ross and Carroll.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

You also didn't want norm to play until someone got injured (Lowry's finger was hurt, not injured).

Dmc didn't play on the 2nd night of the back to back. Could be the same vs gsw.
        Kl 41mins, dd 36. Give fvv 6 -8 mins from Lowry. (Try it once)
        Norm 29
        Cory 20
        Ross 18

They got mins. Vs knicks

Cory hasn't played great offensively. I know he's your guy but how's he looking this yr? Ross still disappears.

3 areas of concern:. Jonas not being involved, ball movement, shooting.

These are fvv strengths. Are we going to bury delon in garbage time too (again)? Just trade delon then.

Anyway, watch Lowry get hurt or burn out after the all star break (precedence) then fvv pulls a bebe and "trade Lowry" blows up the forum.

Casey doesnt need to keep his sphincter clenched at all times. It's early days. Back to back vs cavs away and gsw at home. We're bound to lose one, more likely both. Give your guys a break.

Only garbage time this year was norm getting two mins vs all Detroit's scrubs. That's not garbage time. Casey's not playing for his contract anymore. Loosen up. These guys are all pros. 6-8 mins is not gonna break us and it might help us.

Same arguments were made vs norm and bebe. IT'S A FOOL'S GAME. (See how that last line was totally unnecessary and insulting? I apologize. Civility.

Comment

I have no problem with Casey loosening up or taking schedule losses. But don't run guys like FVV out in games you are trying to win. Might as well get the benefit of a night off if you are going to make rotation choices that hurt your chances of winning. Rest Lowry for a game and give Van Vleet some minutes, sure. Fitting him into an already very crowded (if mismanaged) guard rotation? No thanks.

Why would anyone be insulted by someone describing a situation as a fool's game? That's a pretty common saying for describing a situation where there is no chance (or very little) of success.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Sorry if I make false assumption here Axel but he sounded like he didn't appreciate it to me. I've expressed it to you. I just read similar comments toward you on rapshq for calling someone/their idea foolish. (Youre a contributor there ffs!)
            It doesn't matter whether you think you hurt someones feelings, it matters if they're feelings are hurt. Calling someone's idea foolish is by extension calling them a fool. I suspect you know this.
            Everyone appreciates your insight Dan but not the insults. If you want to be comic book guy so be it. Don't play coy, own it like a man. You'll get it right back.
            Benefit of the doubt, if it really doesn't occur to you that people feel insulted, even when they tell you they feel insulted then that's a bigger concern than basketball. Sorry, I know that's not my business.
            Anyway, we are all human, we all makes mistakes. It's ok to be wrong and to accept that others can be wrong. Abbas thinks the raps will win every game. He's likely wrong but what a great fan! I wouldn't call his prediction foolish. That is tantamount to calling him a fool. For celebrating his team? He doesn't deserve that. (Sorry Abbas).
            Happy posting!

Comment

lewro wrote: View Post
              Sorry if I make false assumption here Axel but he sounded like he didn't appreciate it to me. I've expressed it to you. I just read similar comments toward you on rapshq for calling someone/their idea foolish. (Youre a contributor there ffs!)
              It doesn't matter whether you think you hurt someones feelings, it matters if they're feelings are hurt. Calling someone's idea foolish is by extension calling them a fool. I suspect you know this.
              Everyone appreciates your insight Dan but not the insults. If you want to be comic book guy so be it. Don't play coy, own it like a man. You'll get it right back.
              Benefit of the doubt, if it really doesn't occur to you that people feel insulted, even when they tell you they feel insulted then that's a bigger concern than basketball. Sorry, I know that's not my business.
              Anyway, we are all human, we all makes mistakes. It's ok to be wrong and to accept that others can be wrong. Abbas thinks the raps will win every game. He's likely wrong but what a great fan! I wouldn't call his prediction foolish. That is tantamount to calling him a fool. For celebrating his team? He doesn't deserve that. (Sorry Abbas).
              Happy posting!
              You might not know this but those comments towards me on Raptors HQ come from an ex-poster of this site who was known to stir up issues and has since been banned from here because of that.

What I said on Raptors HQ was that trading JV to make room for BeBe or Poeltl as a full time starting C based on their performance so far this year would be foolish.

Also, please note the explicit rules of this forum when considering whether attacking someone's idea is the same as attacking that person:

* DO NOT make personal attacks (name calling, hostile remarks, accusations, etc.). In discussion, attack ideas and opinions, not the people who hold them. Note that an attack on your ideas and beliefs are not considered a personal attack under our rules even if you identify so closely with your beliefs and ideas that you personally consider an attack on those beliefs or ideas to be an attack on you.
              http://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/sh...s-amp-Policies
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

That's what I thought. Well, I gave you the benefit of the doubt bc everyone deserves it. As you wish.

Comment

Not gonna lie, not gonna read all of that exchange. Keep it civil and on topic gents.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Really happy for Freddy. Here's a guy, who really has no business being on a NBA roster, was once a 4th string player, and here he is looking great and potentially pushing a 1st round draft pick for minutes. Slowly turning into one of my favourite players to watch on this squad.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Really happy for Freddy. Here's a guy, who really has no business being on a NBA roster, was once a 4th string player, and here he is looking great and potentially pushing a 1st round draft pick for minutes. Slowly turning into one of my favourite players to watch on this squad.
                      Love the attitude he plays with. Kind of like Norm all business no messing around
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Yep, I would love to see him get some PT this year, both because I like the guy and I think he is a good basketball player.

Comment

Time to bring this puppy back up to the front and give Fred some respect.

He has been asked to contribute and he has come through admirably for an undrafted 3rd string point guard. He has been leading the bench unit and doing a pretty good job. Better with Lowry on the floor of course, but his 3pt shot seems to be coming around.

Always happy to see and underdog doing well.
                          Last edited by Puffer; Sun Nov 26, 2017, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post

He has been asked to contribute and he has come through admirably for an undated 3rd string point guard. He has been leading the bench unit and doing a pretty good job. Better with Lowry on the floor of corset, but his 3pt shot seems to be coming around.

Agreed he's playing very well. I don't know what we're gonna do when we're completely healthy again. How are we gonna play all of Jakob, Pascal, OG, Norm, CJ, Delon and Van Vleet. a couple guys are gonna get kicked out the lineup or have their minutes brought down significantly.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post

He has been asked to contribute and he has come through admirably for an undated 3rd string point guard. He has been leading the bench unit and doing a pretty good job. Better with Lowry on the floor of corset, but his 3pt shot seems to be coming around.

The joys of auto-correct.

A few weeks back a lot of posters thought FVV should only be playing garbage time. So last night, he plays only 16 minutes and gets removed with 6 1/2 minutes left because he's now too good and valuable to be playing garbage time.
                              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

I am sure Freddy goes on lots of dates and fat Lowry is not back so doesn't need corset.

Comment

Working...
                                X