Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MACK11
    replied
    Good that our front office didn’t give this chucker a max contract. 43M for VanVleet is absurd

Leave a comment:

• NeedTristanThompson
    replied
    KHD wrote: View Post

he's going to houston to lead a tank, the fans aren't going to give a shit about his contract.

good job for him getting the money, he doesn't have anything else to prove so why wouldn't he?
    Well I mean he could prove that he's able to play well within his limitations to help a team win, or succeed as the number one guy/a key guy in the right system on a championship contending team, or simply that he's able to win more championships.

But I suppose his dominant personal narrative is that he's an NBA champion, top 50 player in the league (or more like top 20 in his own opinion) and so needs to prove nothing to no one.

Seems like money is his thing which is okay, but well, there's lots more he could prove basketball wise if he was interested. I suppose he's not. Or thinks he will prove these things somehow in Houston which seems unlikely.

#ByeFredThanksForTheChampionship

Leave a comment:

• KHD
    replied
    G____Deane wrote: View Post
    Nothing against Freddy, good guy and thanks for all you did. But soooo glad we didn't pay 30M X anything, time to turn the page and stat a NEW culture here.

Fred got himself paid for sure but he'll also bear the burden of that contract soon enough. The over under game for him to be mercilessly booed when it's obvious his limitations mean this is a massive over pay?
    he's going to houston to lead a tank, the fans aren't going to give a shit about his contract.

good job for him getting the money, he doesn't have anything else to prove so why wouldn't he?

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    https://youtu.be/bZ0JaZ0Isr0

Sums it all up

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Swapping Fred for Denis is a major downgrade. Congrats to Fred though, that’s a massive deal. Welcome to Let’s NBA.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

You wouldn't do the same? 43 million per year? stop being a hypocrite.
    But i won't be bragging about it like it's obviously all about the money.

Leave a comment:

• G____Deane
    replied
    Nothing against Freddy, good guy and thanks for all you did. But soooo glad we didn't pay 30M X anything, time to turn the page and stat a NEW culture here.

Fred got himself paid for sure but he'll also bear the burden of that contract soon enough. The over under game for him to be mercilessly booed when it's obvious his limitations mean this is a massive over pay?

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    I know a good section of the too online fanbase wanted Fred out and another good chunk had become ambivalent about it all. But. But. Reading and watching the coverage of this and it’s going to be a big deal with the more casual fan base. And I think it’s a big deal for a front office that clearly wanted this group back.

Good for Fred getting paid. Not sure how good it all is for management here.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Greedy mofo.
    Good riddance.
    That tweet, a big WTF….he could have just stayed humble and swam on a bed of cash in the privacy of his room. But yet again, he wanted the public to know he fooled a team, almost fooled this franchise.
    $114 million was already a massive overpay for his mediocre talent. Imagine he took the $30 mil for 4 years. Grieving times for his most loyal supporters LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

Yeah, Fred did nothing wrong here.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Greedy mofo.
    Good riddance.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    A.I wrote: View Post
    From undrafted to a key bench player on the championship run to All-star to getting a max contract. Props to him for securing the bag.
    Raptors franchise records for points, assists and salary.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Greedy mofo.
    Good riddance.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Was just thinking about how Fred would get frustrated with rookie Scottie. This should go well.
    He don't care now, he got the bag.

He will start caring in 2 years time but by that time he would be shipped out of there.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X