X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Lol. I have never once said we need a new coach or Fire Nurse. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

But Fred did say the “chaos” approach (aka the unstructured / improv jazz / offensive system) needed to change.

99.99% of un-biased listeners would take that to mean the offensive system has to change.
    My read: Fred has long voiced his, let's say, impatience with Scottie stepping up into a bigger offensive role.

Everyone seems to want to believe that Fred wants the ball and Scottie will never be able to step up with him there. But I really, honestly see it quite the opposite. Scottie is shy still, and until he sheds that he'll always defer. Fred wants the deferring to stop. One way for that to happen? More structure and called plays where Scottie is the guy the play is designed to make creation decisions.

This "chaos" comment falls very much in line with that thinking. Stop letting Scottie think he can just hand the ball back. Force him into a bigger role. Then he can be "as good as he wants to be."

I don't know that the system is necessarily the same as the approach. The system is essentially "attack mismatches, use big lineup to attack smaller defenders in the post, generally limit higher risk/higher reward passes to cut down on turnovers." We can still do that with more structure around who initiates and what sort of actions we use to get guys into those advantageous positions.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Fuchan wrote: View Post
    If Fred takes his player option when is the earliest we could trade him?
    Immediately. But he won't.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

If he breaks his leg in an offseason accident and will miss next season.

Fred's ego is not gonna let him take the option.
    LOL ego has nothing to do with it. He's guaranteed way more money than that, why would he take the option?

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    G____Deane wrote: View Post
    Fair enough but that's why I said "in the last decade or so"
    OK so recency bias but the Bucks have been far superior to the Raps for a long time, a more recent chip and still have one of the best players in the league. It's not even close.
    Good for them, that just means they'll be better in the next 5 years and then you can make it a decade.

Leave a comment:

• G____Deane
    replied
    Fair enough but that's why I said "in the last decade or so"
    OK so recency bias but the Bucks have been far superior to the Raps for a long time, a more recent chip and still have one of the best players in the league. It's not even close.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X