Legacy League match 12 Axel vs Cody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy League match 12 Axel vs Cody

The legacy league was created to pit teams drafted by fellow RR members against each other and allow the general RR populous to vote on who would win this winner take all, single elimination game if all players were at their peak performance.

Each team drafted a 10 man roster. Each team provided a gameplan justification as to why they believe they should get your vote. Each team is allowed 1 post for "in game adjustments." The role of RR community is simple, vote for who you believe should win. Post justification if you want (encouraged) and weigh the pros and cons for all to see, but ultimately, your vote decides who will win this tournament of legends.

Axel's Lineup

PG - Chris Paul - 6' 175 - 4x All-NBA 1st team, 6x All-Def 1st team, 4x NBA Assists leader, 6x NBA steals leader, 36.5% career 3P%
    SG/SF - Clyde Drexler 6'7 210 - 27.2 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 5.8 APG, 2.7 SPG
    SF/PF - Larry Bird 6'9 220 - 3x MVP, 2x Finals MVP, 2x 50-40-90
    PF/C - Rasheed Wallace 6'11 230 - 19.3 PPG, 8.2 RPG, 36% 3P%
    C - Dwight Howard 6'11 265 - 3x DPOY, 4x All-Def 1st, 22.9 PPG 14.1 RPG 2.4 BPG
    ----
    PG Mookie Blaylock 6' 180 - 2x All-Def 1st, 4x All-Def 2nd, 2x steals leader, 17/6/5, 36.6% 3P%
    SG/SF Jimmy Butler 6'7 220 - 20.9 PPG, 5.2 RPG, 4.7 APG
    SF/PF Ron Artest 6'6 260 - 18.8 PPG, 6.5 RPG, 3.4 APG, 2.1 SPG, 35.8% 3P%, 2004 DPOY
    PF/C Serge Ibaka 6'10 245 - 3x All-Def 1st, 2x blocks leader, 35.5% career 3P%
    C/PF Arvydas Sabonis 7'3 279 - 6x Euroscar POY, 2x Mr Europa POY, Hall of Fame

Cody's Lineup

Starters:
    Kevin Johnson
    Vince Carter
    Peja Stojakovic
    Magic Johnson
    Dave Cowens

Bench:
    Doug Christie
    John Havlicek
    Pau Gasol
    Mark Eaton
    Moses Malone

Axel's Gameplan
    Moses isn't a threat with Bargnani-esque FG% and APG. Howard/Sabonis have size and athleticism to beat on boards.

Havlicek is undersized on wing, giving 7" to Clyde/Butler, 9" to Bird, 60lbs to Artest. Sheed at PF forces Cowens to defend perimeter leaving Moses (1.3 BPG) as lone rim defender. I have too many perimeter shooters for Cody to hide any weak defenders or play zone. Cody lacks outside shooters, allowing defence to pack paint and cut off lanes for Magic. I have no weak links defensively for him to attack.

Cody has no defender to stop Bird, use lots of high post elbow action and offball screens. Allow Bird to run the offence through his mismatch. Bird would score, pass and talk trash all game long.

If Bird does that against DPOY like Rodman, he'll have a field day against Cody's team.

Cody's Gameplan:

Ax wants to attack me with size. So instead of fighting fire with fire, I am going with a small ball lineup. Once again, I'll be using the nickel defense.

As for my bench, I plan to attack him in the post outright. Moses is my 6th man for that reason.... along with him being a great rebounder.

Axel's In-Game adjustment

Cody's starters - including Magic's MVP season and Johnsons best allstar season - check those 3P%.

His best two playmakers can't shoot, making defence easy for my caliber of guys.

I will dominate boards and can bring variety of guys off bench to disrupt Magic. Sabonis owns tiny Moses. Cody lacks playmakers.

So RR faithful, who wins this game?
    Axel
    80.00%
    Cody
    20.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Axel; Tue Jul 19, 2016, 02:05 PM.

That post was done on my phone. You owe me one Axel. lol

Oh wait, we're even! Thanks again for running the Keeper lotto.

Comment

Axel gets my vote. Really well designed team. Cody can't guard Larry bird. Clyde drexler would destroy Vince IMO, and D12 would dominate over cowens.

Comment

Edited to poll to say Cody instead of Cidy.

Will wait for adjustments on this one.

Comment

Axel's In-Game adjustment

Cody's starters - including Magic's MVP season and Johnsons best allstar season - check those 3P%.

His best two playmakers can't shoot, making defence easy for my caliber of guys.

I will dominate boards and can bring variety of guys off bench to disrupt Magic. Sabonis owns tiny Moses. Cody lacks playmakers.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

If Dwight wasn't such a panty waist that team would be some of the baddest motherfuckers to ever play in the organization. Axel gets the nod as I don't think Cody's team has enough defensive gusto to slow them down.

Comment

I'll vote for Axel. You can argue which starting unit looks better on offense, but I think defensively Axel has clear advantage.

I think Cody has really talented players, but you really got to sell them more!

Especially Moses should be a much bigger part of the plan IMO! He can't sit on the bench, he's 3 time MVP, had some really dominant games and series against Kareem and many other top centers. There was a game against Jack Sikma who was a good center and a good rebounder, where Moses won rebounding battle something like 30-3.
              Last edited by BobLoblaw; Wed Jul 20, 2016, 02:38 PM.

Comment

I voted Cody. I liked Axel's team more but someone needs to get the other team on the board.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  I voted Cody. I liked Axel's team more but someone needs to get the other team on the board.
                  Thanks Creed.

i really think my team is under estimated and I'm finding it hard to get a good gameplan going.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                  X