No announcement yet.

Respect in the association

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When was the last time we were even in this discussion of teams "other teams don't fear" without specifically asking about Toronto?

Step in the right direction. Respect is earned. Revenge will be served.

As for Jae Crawder, I don't know if he knows he is a package piece ready to be moved with bunch of other pieces to land a star for the Celtics. What a moron.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Wasn't Crowder injured in the playoffs? If he was healthy I could see them taking out Atlanta.
      maybe taking atlanta out for dinner.. but not out of the playoffs...

crowder talks a bigger game than he has or that his current team has...

whined about Durant not picking them using the criteria that the Celts were the only team to beat Cleveland and GSW at home...
      I guess he forgot that the juggernaut Celts lost to the Lakers .. the Knicks and Nets twice during the year.....

now he is talking about not being worried about anyone but Cleveland...

sure Jae... sure....
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
        We've really only had three consecutive years of playoff appearances -- only one of which we didn't get bounced in the first round. I think respect in any league is earned by consistent success. I think one or two more years of deep playoff runs and we will start getting the respect we deserve.
        Completely agree.

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
          When was the last time we were even in this discussion of teams "other teams don't fear" without specifically asking about Toronto?

Step in the right direction. Respect is earned. Revenge will be served.

As for Jae Crawder, I don't know if he knows he is a package piece ready to be moved with bunch of other pieces to land a star for the Celtics. What a moron.
          What he said is ridiculous but they would be stupid to get rid of him. If you don't have a lebron or kd type SF, you need a crowder, or Carroll type. He is a good player and if he's traded for anything other than a wing, it will hurt them.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Does anyone fear Boston? I sure don't.
            maybe if someone bite's on there draft picks for someone that can move the needle a hellva lot more than Horford can, Its my believe part Boston's motivation for signing was to say look were not cheap kevin come here.

Comment

It's interesting how the narratives change. When Al Horford was on the Hawks everyone said they don't have a star player or a go to guy. Now that Horford is on Boston people are saying Boston got some amazing player.
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
                Wait Brooklyn gave up THREE unprotected picks? I didn't realize billy king was that much of a dumbass wow
                i think the Russian billionare knows how to make money but stuck his nose in too much as well

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                  Players on the 4 California teams actually pay more taxes than Raptor players.

This came out around the time of Kyle's free agency 2 years ago, written by a sports tax accountant who is also a Raptor fan.

http://crowesoberman.com/quarterly-i...much-in-taxes/
                  Obviously I am not an accountant but it appears the max rate has grown in Ontario from 49.53% to the current 53.53%. I would like to see a model built with the new 4% higher rate plus the very real 13% sales tax that one has to pay on anything purchased in Ontario. So for the money that is taxed at the max rate and spent in Canada you appear to be keeping 33.47c on each dollar earned. Now as stated there is sharing with your American home state, but only to a limit (30%?), and other deductions. But as these salaries balloon the small percentage differences mean millions of dollars. Obviously the $60,000 difference would have appeared to have grown substantially. Like winnability (?) this will not be an issue with all players but will definitely factor for some, even if their concerns are misguided. Hopefully they will not have Jalen Rose giving them financial advice.
                  Last edited by meductic; Fri Jul 22, 2016, 06:57 PM.

Comment

this might be the old 'mountain out of a molehill'. He said their peak is the ECF. For that, they are worried about Cleveland, not the Raptors. it seems to me that he thinks that if they make it there, Cleveland will be their opponent, not the Raps. Not an outlandish claim. I would say the same for us.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                      this might be the old 'mountain out of a molehill'. He said their peak is the ECF. For that, they are worried about Cleveland, not the Raptors. it seems to me that he thinks that if they make it there, Cleveland will be their opponent, not the Raps. Not an outlandish claim. I would say the same for us.
                      your right he is easily labeling the cav's the best team in the east and his goal is to get out of the first but a first round victory does not mean you face the cav's because there is a second round. I understand what he is trying to communicate and what you are saying we are making more of this than it deserves but his statement does contain a certain amount of arrogance but the celts fan's may feel the same thing about DC's rebutal.

Comment

People dismiss as a team that has had too many breaks the past few years and don't realize were UP there in terms of teams. I'd place us in the 1.5 tier (Meaning that depending on the path we get via playoffs, it is possible for us to make a NBA Finals appearance.)

There are 3 other teams in the 1.5 tier: The Clippers, The Spurs & yes, the Celtics.

What's the difference between this tier and the 2.0 tier? We have more than 1 player who you can claim is top 5 at his position, yet we still lack something to make us the best team in our conference.

The Celts make it in with Thomas & Horford, Spurs with Leonard & Aldridge, Clipps with Paul & Griffin & Us with Lory & DeRozan.

(BTW, these are going off my top 5.)

Lowry & DeRozan get respect from other NBA teams.... it's our other core piece that could crack the top 5 at his position that doesn't (Jonas).
                        Axel wrote:
                        Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                        KeonClark wrote:
                        I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                          People dismiss as a team that has had too many breaks the past few years and don't realize were UP there in terms of teams. I'd place us in the 1.5 tier (Meaning that depending on the path we get via playoffs, it is possible for us to make a NBA Finals appearance.)

There are 3 other teams in the 1.5 tier: The Clippers, The Spurs & yes, the Celtics.

What's the difference between this tier and the 2.0 tier? We have more than 1 player who you can claim is top 5 at his position, yet we still lack something to make us the best team in our conference.

The Celts make it in with Thomas & Horford, Spurs with Leonard & Aldridge, Clipps with Paul & Griffin & Us with Lory & DeRozan.

(BTW, these are going off my top 5.)

Lowry & DeRozan get respect from other NBA teams.... it's our other core piece that could crack the top 5 at his position that doesn't (Jonas).
                          D Rose shall be very upset with you that his other "superteam".... the Knicks ...was disregarded. Shame.

Comment

This year felt like that year where Pacers almost took out Miami when they still had Granger and Stephenson

I think the difference is though that we won't breakdown like they did because we have the depth to continue on. Now tell Pacers to give us PG and we're off to the finals.

Comment

Respect has to be earn not given.

Up until 3 seasons ago we we're one of the worst run organizations in the entire league. The Raptors are who we think they are, a top 3 team in the East but are not good enough to get to the finals and win it all.

If you can't win it ( and frankly I don't see anyone but GS winning it for the next 2 years) then at least stay competitive and buy your time.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                Respect has to be earn not given.

Up until 3 seasons ago we we're one of the worst run organizations in the entire league. The Raptors are who we think they are, a top 3 team in the East but are not good enough to get to the finals and win it all.

If you can't win it ( and frankly I don't see anyone but GS winning it for the next 2 years) then at least stay competitive and buy your time.
                                I think those were the exact sentiments last year....
                                Have to play the games .... don't be so quick to annoint the Warriors... they have a lot of work in front of them
                                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                                - TGO

Comment

Working...
                                X