Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN Eastern conference projections

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ESPN Eastern conference projections

    ESPN's projections are out:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/17...east-standings

    Tied for 2nd with Boston:

    T-2. Toronto Raptors
    Proj. record: 51-31
    Last season: 56-26

    The Raptors' frontcourt lost depth this offseason, as both Bismack Biyombo (82 games played last season) and Luis Scola (76 games) signed elsewhere, to be replaced by Jared Sullinger and rookie Jakob Poeltl. If the Raptors do win their projected 51 games next season, it would still be the second-most wins in a season in franchise history.
    Full projections:
    1. Caveliers (57-25)
    2. Celtics (51-31)
    2. Raptors (51-31)
    4. Pistons (45-37)
    4. Pacers (45-37)
    6. Hawks (44-38)
    7. Hornets (43-39)
    8. Wizards (41-41)
    9. Knicks (40-42)
    9. Bulls (40-42)
    11. Bucks (39-43)
    12. Heat (36-46)
    13. Magic (35-47)
    14. 76ers (20-62)
    14. Nets (20-62)


    Last year's projections can be found here:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13...east-standings

    6. Toronto Raptors*
    Proj. record: 44-38
    Last season: 49-33

  • #2
    I don't think losing Scola will be an issue lol
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

    Comment


    • #3
      Nets projected to be last in the East and the Celtics get another top 3 pick. sheesh.

      Comment


      • #4
        Never have I seen a team so overrated. if the celtics end up having a better record then us, I will get the marcus smart "reesepuff" haircut
        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

        Comment


        • #5
          golden wrote: View Post
          Nets projected to be last in the East and the Celtics get another top 3 pick. sheesh.
          I actually feel bad for Nets fans

          Comment


          • #6
            yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
            Never have I seen a team so overrated. if the celtics end up having a better record then us, I will get the marcus smart "reesepuff" haircut
            How is a +3 win increase for the Celtics overrated? Boston won 48 games last year and are projected to increase that total by only 3 games after adding Al Horford and top 3 pick. That's not even factoring in potential blockbuster trades they could pull off with the assets they have, including multiple Nets picks and this year's pick, Jaylen Brown.

            Comment


            • #7
              Losing Scola listed as a negative? lol ESPN is completely clueless

              Comment


              • #8
                rocwell wrote: View Post
                I actually feel bad for Nets fans
                There are no Nets fans. There are NJ Nets fans that hate the team cause they left and there are NY Knicks fans who jumped ship to cheer for the flavour of the year, they've all gone back to the Knicks now.

                Comment


                • #9
                  golden wrote: View Post
                  How is a +3 win increase for the Celtics overrated? Boston won 48 games last year and are projected to increase that total by only 3 games after adding Al Horford and top 3 pick. That's not even factoring in potential blockbuster trades they could pull off with the assets they have, including multiple Nets picks and this year's pick, Jaylen Brown.
                  Relative to where they ranked the cavs and raptors. They are overatted.

                  They gained horford, but lost their starting pf/c. Lost their key sixth man. And gained a rookie who plays the same position as one of their best players

                  And they are not basing this ranking on a potential blockbuster trade, they are ranking it as the roster stands rn. And as it stands, they are worse than Toronto
                  I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    So, last season they predicted a 5 win drop from the prior year for the Raps and the Raps instead won 7 more games than the prior year.

                    This season they are predicting a 5 win drop from last year for the Raps and the Raps will instead win 7 more games than last year? 63 wins here we come.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      DanH wrote: View Post
                      So, last season they predicted a 5 win drop from the prior year for the Raps and the Raps instead won 7 more games than the prior year.

                      This season they are predicting a 5 win drop from last year for the Raps and the Raps will instead win 7 more games than last year? 63 wins here we come.
                      id be happy if we break even shiiet sign me up! lmao

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Ah, media has made picks.

                        *something complaint something disrespect something idiots*

                        There, I've done my duty as a fan.
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          golden wrote: View Post
                          How is a +3 win increase for the Celtics overrated? Boston won 48 games last year and are projected to increase that total by only 3 games after adding Al Horford and top 3 pick. That's not even factoring in potential blockbuster trades they could pull off with the assets they have, including multiple Nets picks and this year's pick, Jaylen Brown.
                          I agree they have a lot of picks to package to someone rebuilding but with a good player. Could go sideways it Al tears up his chest again. I am really interested to see how Brown dies. No way he starts.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            DanH wrote: View Post
                            So, last season they predicted a 5 win drop from the prior year for the Raps and the Raps instead won 7 more games than the prior year.

                            This season they are predicting a 5 win drop from last year for the Raps and the Raps will instead win 7 more games than last year? 63 wins here we come.
                            Actually even people close to the team predicted less than the 49 games but said we would get buy the first round as the team gelled.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Am I the only one who doesn't think Boston is being overrated? lol. Also I think New York makes the playoffs. I don't get why people are so down on them as well. I know the whole injury thing but if they stay relatively healthy and are healthy going into the playoffs I wouldn't want to pay them
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X