No announcement yet.

ESPN Eastern conference projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's that? Reggie Miller, ex-Pacer, thinks the Pacers will get to the conference finals? Might as well throw the season now.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
      I saw you say that but I didn't realize our system pushes a lot of corner 3's for our PFs. If he truly does shoot 44% from around that range then I take what I said. He definitely isn't afraid to shoot that's for sure. It's crazy that only 2% of his 3s were from the corner though. I wonder why Boston never figured that out and changed that
      it's because sullinger is too fat to take corner 3s and get back on defence.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
        it's because sullinger is too fat to take corner 3s and get back on defence.
        And yet not too fat to chase offensive rebounds at the rim at a similar rate to JV (well until JV made a leap this year) and get back on defence? Don't buy it. It was a system thing.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          I think Sully was mostly brought in for his rebounding, screen setting and play making skills. His big body is going to get Lowry/Deebo great looks. That Deebo/Amir hand off that we use to see might be back but, with Sully. Also we needed a forward that could do more than just shot when he gets the ball off the flare screen. Sully gives you a triple threat(drive, pass and shoot).

Kid is a really good passer.

What a douchy remark that guy made...... hahaha

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
            What a douchy remark that guy made...... hahaha
            ?
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
              Personally, I think Teague is under rated because he deserves to be. I don't think anyone knows how many games or what you are going to get out of Jefferson, but Sully is pretty much a younger version of him and cancels any advantage Al brings in a match up vs. Tor.

If DeMar or Kyle or God forbid both Damar and Kyle can show up against Indiana then I think it should be a fairly one sided match up if we see them in the playoffs.

The other big component is how the team will play under Nate Macmillan. Have to think that he's a step down from Vogel.
              This could be huge. Nate McMillan's teams have typically been average to worst in the league defensively, whereas Vogel was consistently top 5 defense since he took over.

I would put McMillan in the same tier as Casey, i.e., middle of the pack coach with good relationship skills and I would put both of them below Vogel. In hindsight, Vogel getting Indy to the ECF twice with the Hibbert/West/George roster and almost beating Lebron/Wade/Bosh in their primes seems inconceivable.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                What's that? Reggie Miller, ex-Pacer, thinks the Pacers will get to the conference finals? Might as well throw the season now.
                I just shoot what appears on my fb page here I think they will miss Vogel personally

Comment

And yet not too fat to chase offensive rebounds at the rim at a similar rate to JV (well until JV made a leap this year) and get back on defence? Don't buy it. It was a system thing.
                  it was a bit tongue in cheek.

But anyway, without delving into the positions of guys taking them, boston and toronto have similar corner 3 attempt rates do they not?

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    ?
                    go to 1:25 on the second vid lol

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
                      I'd be a little pissed too if I had like 10 lbs of rolled up clothes whipped at the back of my head during a live TV spot lol
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

LOL, wonder Sully had to say to that guy after he found out what he said on live TV.

Comment

it was a bit tongue in cheek.

But anyway, without delving into the positions of guys taking them, boston and toronto have similar corner 3 attempt rates do they not?
                          First, not really. 31% for the Raps vs 23% for the Celts.

But not delving into the positions is a mistake, because that's the part that the system really controls, where guys stand on the court for open shots.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Sam17 wrote: View Post
                            KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            I'd be a little pissed too if I had like 10 lbs of rolled up clothes whipped at the back of my head during a live TV spot lol
                            LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            LOL, wonder Sully had to say to that guy after he found out what he said on live TV.
                            It was an on going joke that Sully and Chris Mannix had. Sully would always throw his towel at him before games. They even talk about it on the vertical podcast when Sully joins Mannix on it after Celtics lose in the first round again.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

First, not really. 31% for the Raps vs 23% for the Celts.

But not delving into the positions is a mistake, because that's the part that the system really controls, where guys stand on the court for open shots.
                              as a percentage of all shots they're pretty close i thought. But i didn't have the numbers on hand.

Anyway i fail to see a scenario in which sullinger could possibly be less useful than Scola.

Comment

as a percentage of all shots they're pretty close i thought. But i didn't have the numbers on hand.

Anyway i fail to see a scenario in which sullinger could possibly be less useful than Scola.
                                By all accounts, scola was an extremely valuable locker room presence. All the analytics in the world can't cover that, and it's very important.

So there's that at least.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X