Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN Eastern conference projections

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Never have I seen a team so overrated. if the celtics end up having a better record then us, I will get the marcus smart "reesepuff" haircut
    ooooh careful!

    Comment


    • #92
      The Celtics are really good. Anyone doubting that needs to look again. They were pretty solid without Horford.

      The Raps, Just as good, if not better now. Siakam is a better Basketball player than Biyombo, he will have lulls but he understands the game and has better hands. Just watch. Purtle Purtle is decent already too...

      In order however for them to be a lock in the top 3... Powell factor vs ross. who steps up....and will either do it?

      Comment


      • #93
        Superjudge wrote: View Post
        The Celtics are really good. Anyone doubting that needs to look again. They were pretty solid without Horford.

        The Raps, Just as good, if not better now. Siakam is a better Basketball player than Biyombo, he will have lulls but he understands the game and has better hands. Just watch. Purtle Purtle is decent already too...

        In order however for them to be a lock in the top 3... Powell factor vs ross. who steps up....and will either do it?
        One thing on "pretty solid without Horford." Yes, they were. But "without Horford" is also "with Sullinger and Turner." Those two played huge roles in that team's success last year. They may well be better with Horford instead of them, but it's not as simple as an addition - there are subtractions there too.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

        Comment


        • #94
          https://theringer.com/2017-toronto-r...2d1#.jh9v42468

          Hey some American media attention on the Raps.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

          Comment


          • #95
            Mess wrote: View Post
            https://theringer.com/2017-toronto-r...2d1#.jh9v42468

            Hey some American media attention on the Raps.
            Great article praising us, and yet ended rather depressingly:

            The Raptors will face the Cleveland Cavaliers on Friday, a team that has forged a chemistry and identity through its title run and might just be East-proof. Even if they hadn’t, LeBron James alone is enough to make any team East-proof. There is a strangeness to the Raptors’ current position in the NBA landscape. They aren’t their own team; they can’t just outperform the historical expectations of their franchise to achieve national recognition. There is an unshakable fatalism attached to being second-best, to knowing you’re second-best.
            The Raptors could keep setting new records and standards for their franchise and know full well that it won’t be enough. The new record they have their eyes on this year? Four straight postseason appearances. Their clash against LeBron and Co. will be billed as an Eastern Conference finals rematch, but we all know it means less than that. In this purgatory of really good, the only thing that resonates is how it all ends.
            "The purgatory of really good". Well shit.
            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

            Comment


            • #96
              It's hard to argue with. Though as far as purgatories go, you can do much, much worse.
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

              Comment


              • #97
                Mess wrote: View Post
                It's hard to argue with. Though as far as purgatories go, you can do much, much worse.
                So what do we do about it though. Masai has to know that we're possibly even better than last year, but kyle is definitely going to begin decline in the next 12 to 24 months. You could make an arguest we're the 3rd or 4th best team in the league..chances to strike like this don't come around often. This year and next imo is what masai is getting paid the big bucks for. Strike while the irons hot
                It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                Comment


                • #98
                  KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  So what do we do about it though. Masai has to know that we're possibly even better than last year, but kyle is definitely going to begin decline in the next 12 to 24 months. You could make an arguest we're the 3rd or 4th best team in the league..chances to strike like this don't come around often. This year and next imo is what masai is getting paid the big bucks for. Strike while the irons hot
                  Like MJ's era - you can't do much. Unfortunately, it's all about Lebron, so I guess you have to look at who has been able to beat LBJ in the playoffs at full strength. It will take an unbelievable team effort. That Spurs team with fantastic ball movement against the Heat is probably the best example, when Kawhi won MVP.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    golden wrote: View Post
                    Like MJ's era - you can't do much. Unfortunately, it's all about Lebron, so I guess you have to look at who has been able to beat LBJ in the playoffs at full strength. It will take an unbelievable team effort. That Spurs team with fantastic ball movement against the Heat is probably the best example, when Kawhi won MVP.
                    Mavs. Not sure that is repeatable but it is closest to where Raps are. Basically requires Lowry to play like an all time great for 7 games. Then, maybe.

                    Comment


                    • Acknowledging the talent disparity between the Cavs and Raps, I can't say I'd be upset over a 2nd straight hard fought ECF appearance.

                      Comment


                      • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        So what do we do about it though. Masai has to know that we're possibly even better than last year, but kyle is definitely going to begin decline in the next 12 to 24 months. You could make an arguest we're the 3rd or 4th best team in the league..chances to strike like this don't come around often. This year and next imo is what masai is getting paid the big bucks for. Strike while the irons hot
                        The best thing we can do now is try and get home court advantage and hope Derozan and Lowry can play consistently for 7 games.

                        Comment


                        • DanH wrote: View Post
                          So, last season they predicted a 5 win drop from the prior year for the Raps and the Raps instead won 7 more games than the prior year.

                          This season they are predicting a 5 win drop from last year for the Raps and the Raps will instead win 7 more games than last year? 63 wins here we come.
                          63 wins would have been nice. We most likely headed for 45-48 wins as things currently stand. We absolutely need to at least get that #3 seed. I wonder if there is any model that takes into account human factors such as having a stubborn coach who won't adjust?

                          Comment


                          • psrs1 wrote: View Post
                            63 wins would have been nice. We most likely headed for 45-48 wins as things currently stand. We absolutely need to at least get that #3 seed. I wonder if there is any model that takes into account human factors such as having a stubborn coach who won't adjust?
                            I think if we have both serge and pat in the lineup we can finish the season on a pretty good run. I wouldn't be shocked to see us finish with 50-52 wins.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                            Comment


                            • Maybe love is not ready until later in the playoffs so it's better to face Cavs in 1st or 2nd Rd. We get a better pick and if we lose, Casey gets fired.

                              Comment


                              • lewro wrote: View Post
                                Maybe love is not ready until later in the playoffs so it's better to face Cavs in 1st or 2nd Rd. We get a better pick and if we lose, Casey gets fired.
                                Of course multiple rounds of playoff experience is a good thing and we want as much postseason ball as we can get as fans, but in a lot of ways the real question for this spring is if the Raps can do any better vs Cleveland than last year, no matter what round tha happens in.

                                If they lose to Cleveland in the second round in a really tight 7 game series that could have gone either way, isn't that better than last year?
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X