ESPN Eastern conference projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KHD wrote: View Post
    as a percentage of all shots they're pretty close i thought. But i didn't have the numbers on hand.

Anyway i fail to see a scenario in which sullinger could possibly be less useful than Scola.
    That's what I gave, the percentage of their three point looks that were from the corner. 31% for the Raps, 23% for the Celtics. In terms of total shots, 8.7% for the Raps, 6.9% for the Celts (again, significantly more for the Raps, that's almost the same ratio as 31 to 23).

I agree that there's no question that Sully is more valuable than Scola. There's just no reason to expect him to be taking the same above the break threes he has been - he'll take some but all evidence points to more corner threes for him for sure.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      That's what I gave, the percentage of their three point looks that were from the corner. 31% for the Raps, 23% for the Celtics. In terms of total shots, 8.7% for the Raps, 6.9% for the Celts (again, significantly more for the Raps, that's almost the same ratio as 31 to 23).

I agree that there's no question that Sully is more valuable than Scola. There's just no reason to expect him to be taking the same above the break threes he has been - he'll take some but all evidence points to more corner threes for him for sure.
      And if he truly shoots it at 44% from that distance as you said then we have a steal on our hands.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I think Sully is going to surprise a lot of you. Especially if his in good shape.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
          I think Sully is going to surprise a lot of you. Especially if his in good shape.
          We know. You've said this every day since he signed
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
            We know. You've said this every day since he signed
            I actually haven't but ok. Good one.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

This board....these peeps.....

people gotta bitch

Comment

The Celtics are the most overrated team in the East. It's funny, they added Horford, and people are all of sudden talking about him like he's a superstar player. The reality is, he's not different from Lowry or DeRozan. He's a great player, all star caliber but he's no superstar.

Don't get me wrong, I think they'll do well. I think they'll finish top 4 in the East. But the American media are talking about them like they're a serious threat to the Cavs lol.

Most underrated team in the East - The Pacers. Jefferson and Teague are great players just like Horford. But nobody's talking about them because they're not a Celtic.

If you're a Raps fan, the Pacers are the team to watch out for obviously besides the Cavs.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                  The Celtics are the most overrated team in the East. It's funny, they added Horford, and people are all of sudden talking about him like he's a superstar player. The reality is, he's not different from Lowry or DeRozan. He's a great player, all star caliber but he's no superstar.

Don't get me wrong, I think they'll do well. I think they'll finish top 4 in the East. But the American media are talking about them like they're a serious threat to the Cavs lol.

Most underrated team in the East - The Pacers. Jefferson and Teague are great players just like Horford. But nobody's talking about them because they're not a Celtic.

If you're a Raps fan, the Pacers are the team to watch out for obviously besides the Cavs.
                  i think the franchises with a rich tradition always seem to be overrated when they personal

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
                    i think the franchises with a rich tradition always seem to be overrated when they personal
                    Yeah, US media is quick to hype it up if there's even a glimmer of hope with the Knicks/Lakers and even the Celtics. Anyone else if you have a top 10 star you'll attract a certain amount of national attention. If you don't fall into those categories you won't get much national press, even with a pretty good team. It makes sense - nobody outside of the home market cares much about the Raptors, Pacers, Grizzlies, Hawks, etc.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, US media is quick to hype it up if there's even a glimmer of hope with the Knicks/Lakers and even the Celtics. Anyone else if you have a top 10 star you'll attract a certain amount of national attention. If you don't fall into those categories you won't get much national press, even with a pretty good team. It makes sense - nobody outside of the home market cares much about the Raptors, Pacers, Grizzlies, Hawks, etc.
                      And yet I most definitely see more coverage on the American sites for all those teams you listed in comparison to us. I get that we're not American, but the Canadian websites leave a lot to be desired four basketball coverage and knowledge. the only one that seems to give us the time of day is the afromentioned Zach Lowe

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

While I totally agree and actually have been repeating ad nasuem that the Pacers are a team to watch this year Jefferson isn't a main reason, he looks terribly out of shape from what I've seen but nonetheless he is very talented and still an upgrade over the garbage they had last year. But yes Teague is going to help a lot, as will Thad but probably who will most help is a developing Myles Turner. I really think this kid will be a future all-star big man, not this year but in a couple or so he's going to be a beast.

Yes blah, blah "the defense" but it moreso hurt George badly that he had NO ONE to turn to down the stretch. With all the firepower they just added that is a team that I'd prefer someone else deals with in the 1st round, I'm sure they'll be able to still play reasonable defence but the offence is going to take a major jump. But as everyone has said yes the Celts are good, will be top 4 but no they are not suddenly better than us and certainly aren't a real threat to the Cavs (as we aren't either at this point).

Comment

I honestly think we will end up anywhere between 4-8. I'm not comfortable with rookies eating a lot of PT in lieu of the injury to sully.

Comment

mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                            I honestly think we will end up anywhere between 4-8. I'm not comfortable with rookies eating a lot of PT in lieu of the injury to sully.
                            4 to 8?? Sully was responsible for roughly 8 or 10 wins then?

Comment

I think Raptors will end up anywhere between 1-3. Could be #1, depends on the Cavs and if they are on cruise control for most of the season.

Comment

For a more optimistic take on the Raptors:

http://global.nba.com/news/blogtable...es-in-2016-17/

Some of the NBA.com analysts honestly think we have a chance at 60, and several acknowledging that Raps are now at a point that regular season wins aren't all that important and that we should focus on being healthy for the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X