Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey
    replied
    This one was also REAL close for me ... but it came down to Isiah Thomas locking up Curry and Jordan being Jordan. Maury has the bodies besides Pettit to at least pester Apollos bigs, but Apollo can't really match up with Thomas and Jordan.

Great matchup though guys.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Timeout. Adjustment:

In comparison to Malone, Pettit is small, weak and unathletic. It's good that Maury doesn't know this, as he admits himself, because well exploit the hell out of it. On defense we'll move to a zone scheme and stop the dribble penetration, again making the point of least resistance settling for the jumper.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    Bob Pettit was the original stretch four who was an offensive beast, so i don't see that matchup as such a negative for my team. Nique could never beat Jordan so I like my chances with Jordan vs Dominique. Again Apollo can't guard my guys one on one. Curry, Nique and Barry will get shut down by my guys.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    Legacy League match 14 Apollo vs Maury

Apollo wrote: View Post
    I see the scoreboard right now and I'm in the lead. Steady as she goes if I'm winning.

I will of course counter adjust if need be.
    I'm pretty sure this counts as your adjustment ... Haha

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    I see the scoreboard right now and I'm in the lead. Steady as she goes if I'm winning.

I will of course counter adjust if need be.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    Joey wrote: View Post
    I'll wait until tonight to vote to see if we get any adjustments. This one is tight for me.
    I was gonna do my adjustments after Apollo but I guess I'm gonna have to go first. I'll have it down in a couple hours probably.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    I'll wait until tonight to vote to see if we get any adjustments. This one is tight for me.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Maury has the perimeter advantage but Apollo the interior.

Hard to believe that Bob Petit (205 lbs) would be able to bang with Malone (250 lbs) down low; but like the Yao adjustment to Shaq.

Interesting match up.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    started a poll Legacy League match 14 Apollo vs Maury

Legacy League match 14 Apollo vs Maury

Apollo
    42.86%
    Maury
    57.14%

The poll is expired.

The legacy league was created to pit teams drafted by fellow RR members against each other and allow the general RR populous to vote on who would win this winner take all, single elimination game if all players were at their peak performance.

Each team drafted a 10 man roster. Each team provided a gameplan justification as to why they believe they should get your vote. Each team is allowed 1 post for "in game adjustments." The role of RR community is simple, vote for who you believe should win. Post justification if you want (encouraged) and weigh the pros and cons for all to see, but ultimately, your vote decides who will win this tournament of legends.

Apollo vs Maury

APOLLO STARTING LINEUP

PG - Steph Curry, 3x All-Star, 2x MVP
    (2015-16 GSW Season: 30.1 PPG, 4.6 REB, 6.7 AST, 2.1 STL, 31.5 PER)

SG - Dominique Wilkins, 9x All-Star, HOF
    (1985-86 ATL Season: 30.3 PPG, 7.9 REB, 2.6 AST, 1.8 STL, 0.6 BLK, 23.3 PER)

SF - Rick Barry, 12x All-Star, Finals MVP, ROY, HOF
    (1974-75 GSW Season: 30.6 PPG, 4.6 REB, 6.2 AST, 2.9 STL, 23.5 PER)

PF - Karl Malone, 14x All-Star, 2x MVP, HOF
    (1989-90 UTA Season: 31.0 PPG, 11.1 REB, 2.8 AST, 1.5 STL, 0.6 BLK, 27.2 PER)

C - Shaquille O'Neal, 15x All-Star, 1x MVP, 3x Finals MVP, ROY, HOF
    (1999-00 LAL Season: 29.7 PPG, 13.6 REB, 3.8 AST, 0.5 STL, 3.0 BLK, 30.6 PER)

BENCH ROTATION
    6 - Mitch Richmond[/B], 6x All-Star, ROY, HOF
    (1996-97 SAC Season: 25.9 PPG, 3.9 REB, 4.2 AST, 1.5 STL, 21.6 PER)

7 - DeMarcus Cousins, 2x NBA All-Star
    (2015-16 SAC Season: 26.9 PPG, 11.5 REB, 3.3 AST, 1.6 STL, 1.4 BLK, 23.6 PER)

8 - Tony Parker, 5x All-Star, Finals MVP
    (2008-09 SAS Season: 22.0 PPG, 3.1 REB, 6.9 AST, 0.9 STL, 23.4 PER)

9 - Klay Thompson, 2x All-Star
    (2015-16 GSW Season: 22.1 PPG, 3.8 REB, 2.1 AST, 0.8 STL, 18.6 PER)

10 - LaMarcus Aldridge, 5x All-Star
    (2013-14 POR Season: 23.2 PPG, 11.1 REB, 2.6 AST, 0.9 STL, 1.0 BLK, 21.8 PER)

Defense
    They lack shooting from their big men and so we'll clog the paint and force their guards and wings, who like to take it inside, to settle for the jumper.

Offense
    I know what people are thinking: "Nique is a SF, he can't play SG". Well, Jordan and Nique were usually put on each other when the Bulls faced the Hawks and Nique always stood up for the challenge, he's the best matchup I have for Jordan. Meanwhile Barry is one of the best point forwards the game has ever seen and so we'll have two really strong ball handlers and passers on the floor. Also, Maury is tremendously undersized in the paint. We're gonna hammer them inside all night long with Shaq and Mailman throwing around their weight. We have great shooters waiting on the perimeter if they need to kick it out.

Its gonna be a rough contest

Maury Lineup

PGIsiah Thomas - 21.3 PPG, 11.3 APG, 2.3 SPG (84-85), 12x All Star, 2x NBA Champion, Finals MVP, 5x All NBA, 3x All NBA 1st Team

SGMichael Jordan - 33.6 PPG, 6.9 RPG, 6.3 APG, 2.8 SPG, .376 3P% (89-90), DPOY, 14x All Star, 5x MVP, 6x NBA Champion, 6x Finals MVP, 9x All Defensive, 11x All NBA

SFJulius Erving - 27.4 PPG, 10.7 RPG, 2.3 SPG, 2.5 BPG, .395 3P% (74-75), 3x ABA MVP, 1x NBA MVP, 16x All Star, 3x Champion, 13x All NBA/ABA, 1st team All Defence

PFBob Pettit - 31.1 PPG, 18.7 RPG, 3.7 APG, .450 FG%, (61-62), 11x All Star 2x MVP, NBA Champion, 11x All-NBA

CYao Ming - 25.0 PPG, 9.4 RPG, 2.0 BPG, 2.0 APG, .516 FG%, .862 FT%, 8.6 FTA, 8x All-Star, 5x All-NBA

Bench

Derrick Rose - 25.0 PPG, 7.7 APG, .445 FG%, .332 3P% (10-11), 3x All Star, Youngest MVP in league history, All-NBA 1st team

Sidney Moncrief - 19.8 PPG, 6.7 RPG, 4.8 APG, 1.7 SPG (81-82) 22.6 PER (82-83), 5x All Star, 2x DPOY, 5x All Defence, 5x All NBA,

Glen Rice - 26.8 PPG, 4.0 RPG, .470 3P%, .477 FG%, 0.9 SPG (96-97), 3x All Star, NBA Champion, 2x All-NBA

Chris Webber - 27.1 PPG, 11.1 RPG, 4.2 APG, 1.7 BPG, (00,01) 5x All Star,
    5x All NBA

Bill Walton - 18.6 PPG, 14.4 RPG, 3.2 BPG, 5.0 APG, 24.8 PER (76-77) 2x All Star, NBA MVP, 2x NBA Champion, Finals MVP, 2x All Defensive 1st team, 2x All NBA, 6MOY.

My primary adjustment will be to start Yao Ming at center. He has the size and physicality to beat Shaq, and he averages more rebounds per game in games between the two at 10.5 to 9.6 respectively. Yao was also 7-6 against Shaq all time. Apollo can not guard any of my backcourt players. Isiah thomas would shut steph curry down, while scoring at will on him on the other side of the floor. In this game, my team would primarily run iso plays for Isiah, Jordan or Erving, who all have incredible one on one abilities. If doubled, they are all excellent passers and can find the open man. Derrick Rose would dominate this game off the bench, and sidney moncrief can come in to shut down opposing guards. My backcourt would shut down Apollo’s, we have length and defensive advantages at each of these positions.

In Game Adjustments - Coming Soon!

So RR faithful, who wins this game?
Working...
X