Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Way Early Pre Season Predictions Thread... who finishes where in the Eastern Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Clearly we are not going 19-6.
    Yeah. It should be noted that you are commenting from a time when we know we are missing Lowry for the last month and a half of the season, as compared to every other post in this thread when we had no reason to believe that would be the case.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      Yeah. It should be noted that you are commenting from a time when we know we are missing Lowry for the last month and a half of the season, as compared to every other post in this thread when we had no reason to believe that would be the case.
      Fair point. As it stands now we are a in a win one lose one situation. I think most likely we will end up as #4 seed right where we are sitting now.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
        Fair point. As it stands now we are a in a win one lose one situation. I think most likely we will end up as #4 seed right where we are sitting now.
        Believe it or not I still think we catch the Whiz. This run they have been on is amazing. But it's got to cool off some. They are playing at a .760 rate...That's what the Warriors play at. There is another 5 game road swing where they get the jazz, clips, warriors and the Lebrons...

Raps 3 back in the loss column but hold the tiebreaker. Difficult yes. Out of the question. No.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          Believe it or not I still think we catch the Whiz. This run they have been on is amazing. But it's got to cool off some. They are playing at a .760 rate...That's what the Warriors play at. There is another 5 game road swing where they get the jazz, clips, warriors and the Lebrons...

Raps 3 back in the loss column but hold the tiebreaker. Difficult yes. Out of the question. No.
          Another thing about the Wiz; they've had a -1.1 net differential since the break (would rank 19th in the league) but are somehow just squeaking out wins with improbable comebacks. Very difficult to catch up to them yes, but still possible

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
            Another thing about the Wiz; they've had a -1.1 net differential since the break (would rank 19th in the league) but are somehow just squeaking out wins with improbable comebacks. Very difficult to catch up to them yes, but still possible
            They've had a lot of comeback wins. I'd check the boxscore with them down like 20 and storm back to win it, definitely not sustainable. These guys are gonna fizzle out within the next few weeks and when they do the raps just need to string together a few wins a grab the 3rd seed

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              They've had a lot of comeback wins. I'd check the boxscore with them down like 20 and storm back to win it, definitely not sustainable. These guys are gonna fizzle out within the next few weeks and when they do the raps just need to string together a few wins a grab the 3rd seed
              I clearly have a lot more faith in Washington than you guys lol. But I hope you're right. We NEED that 3rd seed. I've come to accept the 4th seed but we're fucked if we get Cleveland in the second round.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                I clearly have a lot more faith in Washington than you guys lol. But I hope you're right. We NEED that 3rd seed. I've come to accept the 4th seed but we're fucked if we get Cleveland in the second round.
                I'd prefer the 4th seed.. I don't have faith that the Raptors would do well against Indiana.. but feel like they match up with Atlanta a lot better. Especially if Lowry isn't at 100%. At this point I don't care if Cleveland is a 2nd round opponent or a first.. would be happy just to see that 2nd round.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  I'd prefer the 4th seed.. I don't have faith that the Raptors would do well against Indiana.. but feel like they match up with Atlanta a lot better. Especially if Lowry isn't at 100%. At this point I don't care if Cleveland is a 2nd round opponent or a first.. would be happy just to see that 2nd round.
                  True, you're probably right. Even though I feel that if we could beat the Pacers last year (and Kyle wasn't healthy last year either) we should be able to beat them this year. I haven't looked at the stats but I doubt they're as good defensively and they were last year and that's what killed us. They had Paul George locking down Demar AND Hill giving Kyle trouble. Also Solomon Hill played out his mind. Turner's still gonna be a headache for us but we all know JV can dominate him to cancel him out a bit. I just don't think they're team is better than last year so I'm not as worried about them as you are. But I do agree I definitely do not fear Atlanta and believe we can beat them as well. I would just like us to get back to the ECF's and that's definitely not happening if we don't get the 3rd seed. No team scares me in the East when we're healthy or relatively healthy except Cleveland obviously. I think we can beat any other team in a seven game series if Kyle is playing. EVEN if he's not completely 100%. The only team he would need to be 100% against is Cleveland. But that's just me. Maybe you're right about the Pacers.
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                    True, you're probably right. Even though I feel that if we could beat the Pacers last year (and Kyle wasn't healthy last year either) we should be able to beat them this year. I haven't looked at the stats but I doubt they're as good defensively and they were last year and that's what killed us. They had Paul George locking down Demar AND Hill giving Kyle trouble. Also Solomon Hill played out his mind. Turner's still gonna be a headache for us but we all know JV can dominate him to cancel him out a bit. I just don't think they're team is better than last year so I'm not as worried about them as you are. But I do agree I definitely do not fear Atlanta and believe we can beat them as well. I would just like us to get back to the ECF's and that's definitely not happening if we don't get the 3rd seed. No team scares me in the East when we're healthy or relatively healthy except Cleveland obviously. I think we can beat any other team in a seven game series if Kyle is playing. EVEN if he's not completely 100%. The only team he would need to be 100% against is Cleveland. But that's just me. Maybe you're right about the Pacers.
                    Besides Cleveland, nothing makes me more worried than a locked in John Wall.

Comment

• Deems wrote: View Post
                      Besides Cleveland, nothing makes me more worried than a locked in John Wall.
                      This is true. But a locked in Kyle is just as good. Washington is definitely my second biggest worry no question but I do think we could beat them in a seven game series. It would probably go to seven games though

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                        If you want to win the conference...and all the moves made at the deadline says they want to take a shot..you have to play Lebron eventually...so 2nd ..or 3rd round won't matter much in the end.
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          The difference would be Atlanta has a top-5 league defense while Indiana is 19th. Indiana's regressed on that end since last season. I'd welcome playing Indiana more than I would Atlanta since defenses carry over into the playoffs, while offenses typically stall.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Based on March 19 game I like our chances.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              If you want to win the conference...and all the moves made at the deadline says they want to take a shot..you have to play Lebron eventually...so 2nd ..or 3rd round won't matter much in the end.
                              Disagree. Avoiding CAVS in second round is preferable as they may get challenged or even lose in second round.

Comment

• I know the cavs have a second gear for playoffs and whatever but honestly watching them now if I was a cavs fan I'd be seriously concerned.

Comment

Working...
                                X