• Show
Clear All

Why do people want (U.S.) nationally televised games? Who cares
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
      For me, I like to have the better announcers on the broadcast. At the very least, a fresh opinion from the Devlin-Jack-Leo homer crowd
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
        US national TV games are an indication of how popular your team is. Popularity means exposure, which means advertising & sponsor dollars for teams and players. Teams and players care a lot about being on US national TV - especially Chris Bosh.

Really, it’s all about being on TV at the end of the day,” Bosh said Tuesday, in case you missed it. “Seriously. A guy can average 20 (points) and 10 (rebounds), and nobody really cares. If you don’t see it (on U.S. national TV), then it doesn’t really happen.”
        https://www.thestar.com/sports/baske..._happened.html

Comment

It's up to the Raptors to make their own U.S. national TV games.

Raptors had 20 last year from April 16 on. Just have to do it again.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
            Good news for Calgary fans... I believe this is the first time the Raps have played in Calgary, at least as far as I can remember.
            Awesome I am going are they playing in vancouver as well as I live half way in between. I would love to see the nuggets

Comment

Good news for Calgary fans... I believe this is the first time the Raps have played in Calgary, at least as far as I can remember.
              I know that the Flames and Raps have been talking for awhile but there were always scheduling issues with the Saddledome. I believe they wanted to do something here after the Great Flood!!!! but the arena wasn't ready.

First time in Calgary for 20 years or so. I drove up to Calgary and watched Raps/Grizz in 96(?) I believe.....

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
                Awesome I am going are they playing in vancouver as well as I live half way in between. I would love to see the nuggets
                Warriors/Raps for Vancouver.....

Comment

I really wish they would have announced the game against GSW earlier.

Comment

Yessss this is awesome news. I have never seen ANY nba in person
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Yessss this is awesome news. I have never seen ANY nba in person
                      Pre-season games do not count

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                        Pre-season games do not count
                        Were starving out here! It's gonna feel like game 7 to me lol

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Were starving out here! It's gonna feel like game 7 to me lol
                          That's what it's like in Vancouver too. We need a team back here.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                            It's up to the Raptors to make their own U.S. national TV games.

Raptors had 20 last year from April 16 on. Just have to do it again.
                            The networks and league tried to put Raptors as the last possible choice for national TV until ultimately they had no choice. The fact that Raptors are on west coast trip over Christmas holiday yet league choices to put Lakers at Clippers on Christmas night instead of Raptors at Clippers is a huge sign of disrespect. It does matter re getting national TV games.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                              The networks and league tried to put Raptors as the last possible choice for national TV until ultimately they had no choice. The fact that Raptors are on west coast trip over Christmas holiday yet league choices to put Lakers at Clippers on Christmas night instead of Raptors at Clippers is a huge sign of disrespect. It does matter re getting national TV games.
                              Los Angeles is a massive US market, and the Lakers, struggling or not, have one of the most famous and recognizable brands in the world. Its not disrespect. Its economics. More people in the US will tune in to see the Lakers than they will the Raptors. It doesn't help that Lowry/DeRozan aren't very marketable, or that the Raptors employ a style that is difficult to stomach.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                                The christmas games are not for saying "youve made it as a top tier team". It's not like a mid carder getting the intercontinental belt (90s wrestling plug) they're strictly about dollars and cents. That's why new York and la are always 100% guaranteed locks plus whatever team lebron james and the reigning Champs and mvps play for.

The last time we had a game we had vince carter. We were one of the 10 most buzzed about teams for a couple seasons. Vince Carter's dont come around very often. He was one of the most electrifying players EVER from like 99 to 2001.

Comment

Working...
                                X