Legacy Knockout Match Joey vs JimiCliff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy Knockout Match Joey vs JimiCliff

The legacy league was created to pit teams drafted by fellow RR members against each other and allow the general RR populous to vote on who would win this winner take all, single elimination game if all players were at their peak performance.

Each team drafted a 10 man roster. Each team provided a gameplan justification as to why they believe they should get your vote. Each team is allowed 1 post for "in game adjustments." The role of RR community is simple, vote for who you believe should win. Post justification if you want (encouraged) and weigh the pros and cons for all to see, but ultimately, your vote decides who will win this tournament of legends.

Joey vs JimiCliff

Joey's Legacy Allstars
    Starters
    PG John Stockton - 17.2ppg, 14.5apg, 2.7spg, 51%FG, 42%3P, 124 ORtg, 23.9PER, 57.4AST%
    11x All-NBA Selection, 5x All-Defensive Team Selection, 9x Assist Leader, 2x Steals Leader, Most Assists in NBA History*, Most Steals in NBA History*, 50-40-85 Club...

SG Tracy McGrady - 32ppg, 6.5rpg, 5.5apg, 1.7spg, 39%3P, 116ORtg, 30.3 PER
    7x All-NBA Selection, 2x Scoring Champion, BAMF

SF/PF Tayshaun Prince - 14.2ppg, 5.8rpg, 3apg, 40%3P
    NBA Champion, 4x All-Defensive Team Selection, Bruno-Long

PF Shawn Kemp - 18.1ppg, 10.8rpg, 2.1bpg, 1.6spg, 22.9 PER, 6.0 DWS, 96 DRtg
    6x All-Star, 3x All-NBA Selection, BAMF

C Hakeem the Dream - 24.1ppg, 12.7rpg, 2.0spg, 3.8bpg, 24.7, 96DRtg – averaged over 8 Seasons
    2x NBA Champion, 2x MVP, 2x Finals MVP, 2x Defensive Player of the Year, 12x All NBA Selection, 9x All-Defensive Selection, 2x Rebounds Leader, 3x Block Leader, Most Blocks in NBA History*, Only player in NBA history to retire in the Top-10 for Blocks, Rebounds, Scoring and Steals.

Bench

SG Ray Allen - 22ppg, 5.2rpg, 4.6apg, 1.5spg, 48%FG, 43%3P, 61%TS, 22.9 PER
    2x NBA Champion, 10x All-Star, 2x All-NBA Selection, Most 3-Pointers Made in NBA History*

PG/SG Dennis Johnson - 19ppg, 5.1rpg, 4.1apg, 1.8spg, 4.4DWS
    3x NBA Champion, Finals MVP, 2x All-NBA Selection, 9x All-Defensive Team Selection, “Toughest Defender Ever” –Iceman GG

SF Bruce Bowen - 100DRtg, 40%3P, 13DWS – over 3 seasons Starting every game and Winning 2 Rings
    3x NBA Champion, 8x All-Defensive Team Selection, BAMF

PF/C Robert Horry - 12ppg, 5.8rpg, 4apg, 1.6spg, 1.5bpg, 37%3P
    7x NBA Champion, Definition of Clutch, Tough as Nails

PF/C Willis Reed - 21.7ppg, 13.9rpg, 21.9 PER, 7.5DWS
    MVP, 2x Champion, 2x Finals MVP, 7x All-Star, 5x All-NBA Selection (1x 1st Team, 4x 2nd Team), All-NBA Defensive Team

Joeys Gameplan
    Stockton was the toughest, most fundamentally sound person Gary Payton EVER guarded, and Jimicliff doesn't have anyone that can keep up with Stock, especially with TMac/ Allen etc. as outlets, and Kemp/ Hakeem setting screens.

With several favourable matchups, I feel like my passing, shooting, attacking, good matchups and all-around defense will prevail.

Hakeem poses the ultimate problem for Jimi, as Hakeem has dominated both Ewing and Mourning in his career. We will feed the beast.

We will pester Durant/ Lebron with different looks all night. Kemp would matchup well against either, athletically and playsically, for stretches, and Bowen and Prince have notably guarded Lebron mercilessly in the Playoffs, with Lebron losing both series.

Jimi doesn't match up defensively, yet we have someone for everyone on his roster, and we will exploit that. TMac should draw alot of Jimi's defensive attention, but unfortunately for Jimi, we've got outlets.. and Hakeem.

JimiCliff Lineup
    PG - Lebron James. 26.8 ppg, 40.6 3pt%, NBA MVP, Finals MVP (2013). 5x 1st Team All-Defence.

SG - Joe Dumars. 23.5 ppg (1993), 38.2 3pt% (career). 4x 1st Team All-Defence.

SF - Kevin Durant. 32.0 ppg, 39.1 3pt%, NBA MVP (2014).

PF - Cliff Robinson, F/C. 21.3 ppg, 37.1 3pt% (1995). 2x Second Team All-Defence.

C - Patrick Ewing. 28.6 ppg, 10.9 rebs, 4.0 bpg, 1st Team All-NBA (1990). 3x Second Team All-Defence.

Bench:

PG Walt 'Clyde' Frazier 23.2 ppg, 51.2 fg% (1972). 7x 1st Team All-Defence.

3 & D (& scoring too) - Eddie Jones, SG/SF. 20.1 ppg, 37.5 3pt%, 2.7 spg (2000). 3x Second Team All-Defence.

Big C - Alonzo Mourning, PF/C. 20.1 ppg, 11.0 rpg, 3.9 bpg (1999). 2x NBA Defensive Player of the Year.

Instant Offence - 'Pistol' Pete Maravich, PG/SG. 31.1 ppg, NBA scoring champ (1977).

Insurance Big - Elton Brand, PF/C. 24.7ppg, 10.0 rpg, 2.5bpg, NBA Sportsmanship Award (2006).

JimiCliff gameplan

- Lebron guards McGrady, to shut down their best wing scorer.

- Allen's forced to guard Durant, and KD easily wins this matchup.

- Robinson's excellent shooting adds spacing. He also has the size and defensive chops to frustrate Kemp.

On offence, we're looking to push it and get quick scores. In the halfcourt, we'll exploit our passing and IQ by running motion sets, looking for opens 3s and seams into the paint. A point of emphasis will be getting Lebron attacking the rim. We're also looking to let Durant go to work in the p'n'r against everyone.

On defence, our ace in the hole in crunch time will be going big and shifting Lebron to the PG to guard Stockton. We've seen Lebron take smaller guards out of games before. In this situation, Stockton's lack of size and athleticism will be fatal.

In Game Adjustments - Coming Soon!

So RR faithful, who wins this game?
    Joey
    40.00%
    JimiCliff
    60.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Axel; Tue Aug 16, 2016, 07:40 AM.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Not my adjustment, just want to address a couple things:

- Dumars and Frazier could both keep up with Stockton.

- The idea that Hakeem would just eat Ewing and Mourning's lunch is pretty funny.

- Not sure what this idea that I don't match up on defence is based on.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

And it's on like Donkey Kong.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Isn't that against the rules, Jimi?
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I'm curious as who Joey expects to guard LeBron with this current lineup of Jimi's. I assume Stockton would cover Dumars leaving TMac on either LeBron or Durant.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            New rules in the knockout round!
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              We've decided to allow short posts by the competitors with alternating "possessions", so now JimiCliff can't post until Joey does (except for his adjustment which doesn't count as a possession). Once Joey posts, possession back to Jimi.

Comment

This is a matchup worthy of finals, two of my favorite teams.

Comment

Lebron at point really throws a wrench into Joey's plans I imagine. The only person who could matchup with this would be Magic, but Cody is out. Lebron might find it a little hard to keep up with Stockton with all the screens he'll be getting, but offensively as good a defender as stock was I see lebron dominating him. I'll wait to see what Joey does about this. Probably like Axel said, put tmac on lebron.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                    Lebron at point really throws a wrench into Joey's plans I imagine. The only person who could matchup with this would be Magic, but Cody is out. Lebron might find it a little hard to keep up with Stockton with all the screens he'll be getting, but offensively as good a defender as stock was I see lebron dominating him. I'll wait to see what Joey does about this. Probably like Axel said, put tmac on lebron.
                    TMac or Prince is going to have to cover LeBron and Durant, so it's a question of which. I think I have my preference but will wait to hear from Joey.

Comment

Leaning Jimi mostly because T-Mac never gets out of the first round.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                        Not my adjustment, just want to address a couple things:

- Dumars and Frazier could both keep up with Stockton.

- The idea that Hakeem would just eat Ewing and Mourning's lunch is pretty funny.

- Not sure what this idea that I don't match up on defence is based on.
                        Well in my opinion, I don't think anyone can effectively guard Stockton. I don't think anyone can stop Hakeem. Cliff certainly could't guard Kemp, and personally, I think Lebron even struggles trying to stop the longer, potentially more athletic TMac, who Kobe has as one his 'biggest nightmares' to guard.

Comment

I can think of a dozen players off the top of my head that would do well stopping Stockton. He didn't have great size or athleticism so it all came down to execution and smarts. Defenders could certainly get on him and disrupt his game and a few special ones should be capable of shutting him down.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                            I can think of a dozen players off the top of my head that would do well stopping Stockton. He didn't have great size or athleticism so it all came down to execution and smarts. Defenders could certainly get on him and disrupt his game and a few special ones should be capable of shutting him down.
                            Im in agreement with Axel on this one. I can't really see how Stockton is so unguardable, sure he was great, but that's because of his passing. Lebron would no doubt shut him down, but if you ask me joe Dumars would do as good a job as anyone at guarding Stockton.

Comment

"Adjustment"
                              Prince/Bowen still guard Lebron. Throw TMacs/Princes length and athleticism at Durant.

I believe our offense would have a far superior 'flow', and we match up well enough on defense with our length, tenacity and athleticism to interrupt the passing lanes and man-up when needed.

Don't forget defensive depth:

Comment

Working...
                              X