Legacy Knockout Maury vs 007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legacy Knockout Maury vs 007

The legacy league was created to pit teams drafted by fellow RR members against each other and allow the general RR populous to vote on who would win this winner take all, single elimination game if all players were at their peak performance.

Each team drafted a 10 man roster. Each team provided a gameplan justification as to why they believe they should get your vote. Each team is allowed 1 post for "in game adjustments." The role of RR community is simple, vote for who you believe should win. Post justification if you want (encouraged) and weigh the pros and cons for all to see, but ultimately, your vote decides who will win this tournament of legends.

Maury vs 007

Maury Lineup
    PG Isaiah Thomas
    - 21.3 PPG, 11.3 APG, 2.3 SPG (84-85), 12x All Star, 2x NBA Champion, Finals MVP, 5x All NBA, 3x All NBA 1st Team

SGMichael Jordan - 33.6 PPG, 6.9 RPG, 6.3 APG, 2.8 SPG, .376 3P% (89-90), DPOY, 14x All Star, 5x MVP, 6x NBA Champion, 6x Finals MVP, 9x All Defensive, 11x All NBA

SFJulius Erving - 27.4 PPG, 10.7 RPG, 2.3 SPG, 2.5 BPG, .395 3P% (74-75), 3x ABA MVP, 1x NBA MVP, 16x All Star, 3x Champion, 13x All NBA/ABA, 1st team All Defence

PFBill Walton - 18.6 PPG, 14.4 RPG, 3.2 BPG, 5.0 APG, 24.8 PER (76-77) 2x All Star, NBA MVP, 2x NBA Champion, Finals MVP, 2x All Defensive 1st team, 2x All NBA, 6MOY.

CYao Ming - 25.0 PPG, 9.4 RPG, 2.0 BPG, 2.0 APG, .516 FG%, .862 FT%, 8.6 FTA, 8x All-Star, 5x All-NBA

Bench

Derrick Rose - 25.0 PPG, 7.7 APG, .445 FG%, .332 3P% (10-11), 3x All Star, Youngest MVP in league history, All-NBA 1st team

Sidney Moncrief - 19.8 PPG, 6.7 RPG, 4.8 APG, 1.7 SPG (81-82) 22.6 PER (82-83), 5x All Star, 2x DPOY, 5x All Defence, 5x All NBA,

Glen Rice - 26.8 PPG, 4.0 RPG, .470 3P%, .477 FG%, 0.9 SPG (96-97), 3x All Star, NBA Champion, 2x All-NBA

Chris Webber - 27.1 PPG, 11.1 RPG, 4.2 APG, 1.7 BPG, (00,01) 5x All Star,
    5x All NBA

Bob Pettit - 31.1 PPG, 18.7 RPG, 3.7 APG, .450 FG%, (61-62), 11x All Star 2x MVP, NBA Champion, 11x All-NBA

I’m sticking with my Big lineup, we aren’t worried about guarding Dennis Rodman. Yao is bigger than anyone Wilt ever played against and would frustrate him. If Wilt starts to get going we will just foul him and put him at the line, where he shoots a very low percentage. On offence, we will take advantage of Bill Walton’s size over Dennis Rodman. We will pressure Wilt and make him work on defence with Yao, we will be running our offence through MJ. Dr. J and MJ will work together and 007 can’t have Pippen on them at the same time. On defence, we will leave Jason Kidd open from three and double off of Rodman if anyone gets going. Chris Webber will play a lot of minutes against Rodman, as he can be a playmaker and a decoy. Sidney Moncrief will shut down Bob Cousy with ease, and no one can guard Drose in the open court.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGeI6ypgtP0
    007 STARTING LINEUP

PG: Jason Kidd – 6 time All-NBA, 9 time All-Defensive team. 5 time assists leader. Only player in NBA history with 15,000 points, 10,000 assists and 7,000 rebounds

SG: Scottie Pippen – 7 time All-NBA, 10 time All-Defensive team. NBA steals leader, one of the greatest perimeter defenders of all time

SF: Dennis Rodman – 2 time All-NBA, 2 time DPOY, 8 time All-Defensive team. 7 time rebounding champion, one of the greatest rebounders and defenders of all time

PF:Robert Parish – 2 time All-NBA, 4 time champion. NBA all-time leader in games played

C: Wilt Chamberlain – 4 time MVP, 10 time All-NBA. 7 time scoring champion and 11 time rebounding champion. 100 point game. One of the greatest players of all time

BENCH:

Bob Cousy – MVP, 12 time All-NBA. 8 time assists leader, 6 time champion

Jeff Hornacek – 2 time 3PT contest winner, 44% 3PT shooter at his peak

Chauncey Billups – 3 time All-NBA, 2 time All-Defensive team. NBA Finals MVP, over 42% 3PT shooter at his peak

Bernard King – 4 time All-NBA, NBA scoring champion

Elvin Hayes – 6 time All-NBA, 2 time All-Defensive team. 2 time rebounding champion and NBA scoring champion (as a rookie)

GAMEPLAN

I've got the best possible players to guard Jordan. Pippen is the greatest perimeter defender of all time, and Rodman is right up there with him, and is someone used to guarding Jordan. The two will be able to switch when needed, with the other locking down Erving. In the frontcourt Wilt has the advantage on all the bigs Maury can throw at him. He has size on Walton, Webber and Pettit and has athleticism and speed to blow by Ming on the break, maneuver around him in the post and defend him better than anyone Ming ever faced. Parish will take the inevitably smaller player Maury lines up at PF and will use his size to defend and shoot over his smaller matchups. Kidd can sag off Thomas slightly on the perimeter, preventing drives. The two 7-footers and Rodman means a huge rebounding advantage and lots of second-chance points.

In Game Adjustments - Coming Soon!

So RR faithful, who wins this game?
    Maury
    33.33%
    66.67%

The poll is expired.

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

007 is very offensively challenged with only one go to guy, while I have at least 3 and possibly even 4 go to guys. Bill Walton was the ultimate winner and you guys have to watch the video I submitted. If it comes down to it, my team will outscore 007.

Comment

Damn ... Scottie Pippen guarding Michael Jordan .. love it. Lol

This isn't my favourite 007 lineup, and he knows why since we played, haha so I'll wait and see what happens, but 007 wouldn't have that much difficulty scoring against this lineup I don't think. But Maury would certainly have to work for every 2 points on the board.

Comment

Walton and Ming and Parish and Wilt. You guys are both crazy.

Comment

Well, the way things stand, I think both teams would chuck a lot. It's just going to be so crowded inside.

Neither team is going to attack the rim as much as these players loved to attack in real life.

Maury has some great perimeter scorers, but 007 has ridiculous perimeter defense and a bit better 3pt shooting. Overall, it's going to be a grind for both teams.

To me, right now, before adjustments, it comes down to rebounding and second chance points, as I think both teams would chuck a lot. 007 should get more offensive boards, as he has 3 all time great rebounders for their positions, in Wilt, Rodman and Jason Kidd.

Also team Maury is leaving Jason Kidd open at 3 -- I think that's going to hurt them, JKidd could knock down 3pt shots pretty well if given time and space. In a game like this, where offensive efficiency on both sides will be pretty low (I think), Jason Kidd taking open 3s is an advantage.
          Last edited by BobLoblaw; Tue Aug 16, 2016, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Leaning 007. Just love that roster.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              Leaning 007. Just love that roster.
              Isn't it basically your roster from last year? Haha

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                With Wilt as an upgrade over Robinson and a great point guard in Kidd. Similar grind it out style though with more offence than Dan had last year around Pippen and Rodman.

007 is a great match up to take out Jordan and Co. Not sure where my vote goes at this time.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                  Pretty similar. He has Wilt, I had the Admiral. Very good defensive roster. I admit, I may be biased.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Saying I have only one go-to guy is disrespectful to Pippen. When Jordan left he became the second player to lead his team in all major statistical categories and had 3 straight All-NBA first teams. I've got 3 great perimeter defenders and 2 huge precenses in the paint. You're not outscoring me easily.
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Legacy Knockout Maury vs 007

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                      Well, the way things stand, I think both teams would chuck a lot. It's just going to be so crowded inside.

Neither team is going to attack the rim as much as these players loved to attack in real life.

Maury has some great perimeter scorers, but 007 has ridiculous perimeter defense and a bit better 3pt shooting. Overall, it's going to be a grind for both teams.

To me, right now, before adjustments, it comes down to rebounding and second chance points, as I think both teams would chuck a lot. 007 should get more offensive boards, as he has 3 all time great rebounders for their positions, in Wilt, Rodman and Jason Kidd.

Also team Maury is leaving Jason Kidd open at 3 -- I think that's going to hurt them, JKidd could knock down 3pt shots pretty well if given time and space. In a game like this, where offensive efficiency on both sides will be pretty low (I think), Jason Kidd taking open 3s is an advantage.
                      My team won't get out rebounded. Jordan was a great rebounder. Julius Erving averaged over 10 rebounds per game several times in his career, Bill Walton is at nearly 15 rpg and Yao was a beast. I don't buy that we will get destroyed on the glass. Jason Kidd couldn't shoot at all in his prime.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                        My team won't get out rebounded. Jordan was a great rebounder. Julius Erving averaged over 10 rebounds per game several times in his career, Bill Walton is at nearly 15 rpg and Yao was a beast. I don't buy that we will get destroyed on the glass. Jason Kidd couldn't shoot at all in his prime.
                        Kidd was as good of a rebounder as Jordan. Pippen averaged 9 a game in his prime, Parish averaged 12. Wilt and Rodman combined have 18 rebounding titles. Wilt averaged over 25 a game. Rodman has the highest rebounding percentage of all-time. My team is built to crash the glass.
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Just looking into this now. What were the restrictions around the roster construction? Were there any?
                          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                            Just looking into this now. What were the restrictions around the roster construction? Were there any?
                            We had a draft (snake format).

Comment

Working...
                            X