X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo
    replied
    BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    Yep we are basically advocates when it comes to our teams, impartiality not required and not expected! It's the business of outside judges to give impartial opinions.

I did think of voting for your team if we were tied after voting, because I do really like your team (and I'm a bit tired of game planning to be honest). But if people think I win, then I abide!

Good game!

Before matchups, I thought you and the Nash team might be in the finals.
    Hey thanks man, that's appreciated. You have a great team as well.

I enjoy the team building aspects a lot more than the game planning. Maybe if I had partnered up with someone who wanted to "coach" my team it would have fared better.

Leave a comment:

• BobLoblaw
    replied
    Apollo wrote: View Post
    He did but my view is you always gotta vote for yourself. I was on the fence about who was better but if the verdict was Bob I'm still voting for myself!
    Yep we are basically advocates when it comes to our teams, impartiality not required and not expected! It's the business of outside judges to give impartial opinions.

I did think of voting for your team if we were tied after voting, because I do really like your team (and I'm a bit tired of game planning to be honest). But if people think I win, then I abide!

Good game!

Before matchups, I thought you and the Nash team might be in the finals.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    Bob did say how much he liked your roster, so maybe his vote is still undecided?

30 mins or so for some to break the tie in regulation.
    He did but my view is you always gotta vote for yourself. I was on the fence about who was better but if the verdict was Bob I'm still voting for myself!

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Well, with Maury's write in vote Bob is up one with the polls closing in a few hours. I might be jumping the gun but well played Bob and good luck in the next round!

EDIT: I just noticed that Bob didn't actually vote. Maybe he was saving his vote for drama near the end?
    Bob did say how much he liked your roster, so maybe his vote is still undecided?

30 mins or so for some to break the tie in regulation.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Well, with Maury's write in vote Bob is up one with the polls closing in a few hours. I might be jumping the gun but well played Bob and good luck in the next round!

EDIT: I just noticed that Bob didn't actually vote. Maybe he was saving his vote for drama near the end?

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    This one was super tough for me .. I went with Apollo, but only by a hair and cuz I had to pick someone.

I feel like Apollos team would have alot of good ball movement, and with Rick Barry playing the Point Forward, thats a bad bad man to have running the team, especially with so many outlets... And Shaq. Lol

I feel like Bobs team, though having some great defenders, and a great team in its own right, would end up relying on 1-on-1 a bit too much, or driving the paint, but if thats the case, then you've got guys like Shaq and Malone down there? Or even DBo? Thats alot of mass to get around.

Good matchup though fellas!!
    Last edited by Joey; Thu Aug 18, 2016, 08:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    Why am i always the tie breaking vote lately lol. I give it to apollo. but it is close VERY close. I just think the dominance of having Shaq and a bunch of shooters is unbeatable.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied

I'll just come out and state clearly here on the record that while I'm pleased by the support, I do not approve Diddy's risky new campaign shirt for Apollo 2016:

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    Gonna vote Bob. Love his team and I think Apollo's backcourt would really struggle both offensively and defensively. The admiral is about as good as anyone to throw at shaq. At the end of the day, Kobe probably goes off in this one.

Leave a comment:

• BobLoblaw
    replied
    Good luck in the vote.
    Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    Good luck in the vote.

Leave a comment:

• BobLoblaw
    replied
    You were just on here complaining that I went over the limit and here you are making extra posts.
    Check the rules in the main thread, they were changed.

Basically, in addition to what we had before, we now can post 50 words taking turns. You write 50 words, then me, then you, then me.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    You were just on here complaining that I went over the limit and here you are making extra posts.

Leave a comment:

• BobLoblaw
    replied
    As a quarterback Rick Barry led his club to a championship, scoring an MVP. With Kobe and Kawhi fearfully sticking around Curry, Barry can hit Shaq and Malone inside, as well as Mitch and Klay in the corners.

Shaq vs Robinson in the playoffs: (7-4) with 25PPG and 12 REB.
    1st, that's old, after injuries Robinson 1999-2003,
    2nd, that's peak Shaq, and 25-12 for him was well below his playoff standards.

Before Robinson's injuries in 1997, they played each other about evenly:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=onealsh01

Axel wrote: View Post
    Admiral is big but Shaq is huge. McHale has length but not muscle mass on Malone.

Celtics would use McHale on people from Nique to Patrick Ewing, he was versatile.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo
    replied
    As a quarterback Rick Barry led his club to a championship, scoring an MVP. With Kobe and Kawhi fearfully sticking around Curry, Barry can hit Shaq and Malone inside, as well as Mitch and Klay in the corners.

Shaq vs Robinson in the playoffs: (7-4) with 25PPG and 12 REB.
    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Aug 17, 2016, 12:33 PM. Reason: Reduced to fit limit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X