calgary or vancouver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calgary or vancouver?

Hi looking for advise. I live half way between the two cities and want to see the two cities the warriors are playing in vancouver which is cool but I know the city of Calgary better and Jamal Murray and the young talent of the nuggets intrigue me as well.

There isn't as much to see in Calgary imo, but I'd suggest going wherever you have friends. It's always nice to meet up with friends on small trips. If you don't know anyone in either city I'd probably pick Van, because there's more to do and because I suspect the booing of KD will be epic.

Comment

Montréal

Comment

Sorry not driving to Montreal. I sure it is a beautiful city though

Comment

I googled images of "Sicamouse" to see what's halfway between Vancouver and Calgary. Damn, I wouldn't drive anywhere if I were you, you live in a paradise.

Comment

I honestly wouldn't go to Calgary. Van is way more fun. A lot of weird people but way more fun and beautiful then Calgary. Especially now.

Comment

I've been to the last couple Vancouver games but sadly the tickets are twice the price as before so I'm not gonna be able to go. I would definitely recommend Vancouver if you are willing to pay $300 a ticket. Vancouver is a great city especially for tourism.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                I googled images of "Sicamouse" to see what's halfway between Vancouver and Calgary. Damn, I wouldn't drive anywhere if I were you, you live in a paradise.
                its beautiful here I am into mountain snowmobiling,off roading, buzzing the eight largest lake in the world on my sea doo there are cafes all around the borders of the lake gas stations on the lake and cafes on floating barges as well gas stations on barges I also quad as well so if it is too cold to be on the lake I jump on the quad. there is an airport an hour away that will take you any where I am going to the baja desert race in mexico in november. I am a bb junkie though and I will be attending one of these games,
                Last edited by rightsideup; Sat Sep 3, 2016, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  There isn't as much to see in Calgary imo, but I'd suggest going wherever you have friends. It's always nice to meet up with friends on small trips. If you don't know anyone in either city I'd probably pick Van, because there's more to do and because I suspect the booing of KD will be epic.
                  Yeah I could jump on facebook and see if any exgirlfriends are in calgary I grew up in vegreville alberta so alot people migrated to edmonton or calgary.

Comment

I would go Vancouver over Calgary just for the weather alone but if you end up in Calgary there's definitely stuff to do for a couple days.

Comment

Both games are sold out already, so scour stub hub and wait a little bit because the vultures that snatched them up jack up the prices but they will lower more and more as we get closer to the date
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

A question for people that have attended games, whether in toronto or preferably Canadian preseason games: is there any hope of getting close to warm ups or finding players for an autograph etc with my seats in the 200 bowl?

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          A question for people that have attended games, whether in toronto or preferably Canadian preseason games: is there any hope of getting close to warm ups or finding players for an autograph etc with my seats in the 200 bowl?
                          In Montreal we could just wander around pretty easily if we were there early. Not sure about grabbing an autograph, we just watched the warmups.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Not sure about autographs but you can definitely get up close to the court for warm-ups if you get there early enough (or at least you used to be able to do so). If you're in Calgary, head into Dutton's Lounge (it should be open a couple hours before game time) and work from there - it has access to all areas off of it other than the Avison premium area.

Haven't been in the Vancouver arena for years, so I'm not sure how easy it is to move around there....

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                              In Montreal we could just wander around pretty easily if we were there early. Not sure about grabbing an autograph, we just watched the warmups.
                              slaw wrote: View Post
                              Not sure about autographs but you can definitely get up close to the court for warm-ups if you get there early enough (or at least you used to be able to do so). If you're in Calgary, head into Dutton's Lounge (it should be open a couple hours before game time) and work from there - it has access to all areas off of it other than the Avison premium area.

Haven't been in the Vancouver arena for years, so I'm not sure how easy it is to move around there....
                              My buddy has me thinking with upper bowl tickets the ushers wont let me past...but yeah I'm getting there when the doors open. I am going to be one of the 10 biggest Raptor fans in the arena no question, it would be an injustice!!

Comment

Working...
                              X