Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the most overrated team in the East this year ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars
    replied
    I actually think Boston has a good team. I could see why they get the attention. They've had a storied history. A GM that's tenacious. A really good coach. Got the second best free agent on the market, and had a sit down with the best. And had a top 3 pick in a draft to boot.

Toronto is in a tough market. ESPN won't cover since their foreign and won't help their bottom dollar. And in Canada hockey and baseball are easier to sell. So no matter how good Toronto is, it won't matter to the US. They'll always be under rated.

Not really the poll question, but if I had to chose a team I think is going to fall flat on their faces.. I'd have to go with Atlanta. I think swapping Horford for Dwight was a terrible decision. Selfishly, I hope that happens so that Millsap becomes available in the trade market.

Leave a comment:

• tonious35
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    All good choices. My dark horse is Indy. They are getting a LOT of love based on their moves and might have actually taken a step back if things go poorly. That team lived and died with their defence. We are pretty sure the offence got better, but we know for sure their defence got worse (probably much worse). A big mystery how it will balance out.

I think most people know that the Bulls are a mess and the Knicks will barely ever play together, and I think BOS will be good (though let's see how they survive on the boards before anointing them the Cavs' challengers), but a lot of people seem high on Indy and the flaws in their off-season seem mostly overlooked.
    Teague and Thaddeus...why so many teams last trade deadline did not bite and take either of them

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    If the Knicks haven't been pushed by ESPN yet, it is just a matter of time. I agree pacers are meh to me.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-TL00 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    I dont know if the Knicks are overrated...is anyone outside of their organization and delusional fans/media actually high on them?

Pacers definitely got too much love this summer. Would not be surprised at all if they put up a worse season than last year.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Just Is
    replied
    JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
    Really?!?

Are people really high on the Knicks??? lol I thought most people were laughing at them after Rose took some meth and said they were the other super team.
    I honestly thought the same thing as well. I know I laughed. I was in for a real rude awakening.

On the other hand; I'm going to have a LOT of fun mocking my friends come the end of the season when they're lowered expectations still aren't met.

But yeah, the Knicks. Easily.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied
    I question if the Cavs are going to run away with the East like everyone assume or if they will have a bit of a championship hangover. JR Smith is not re-signed yet, Delly has moved on, as has Mozgov. I am not convinced of their depth for this year yet. Birdman Anderson, Shumpert, Mike Dunleavy, not exactly guys on the come up.

I think they will finish first in the East, but it will be a tighter race than many think.

Leave a comment:

• JamesNaismith
    replied
    Just Is wrote: View Post
    I honestly thought it was Boston until I talked with some casual fans (which also reminded me why I don't talk sports too much outside of here except in generalities) but it is FAR and AWAY the Knicks.

Like it's genuinely surprising.
    Really?!?

Are people really high on the Knicks??? lol I thought most people were laughing at them after Rose took some meth and said they were the other super team.

Leave a comment:

• Niagara Raptor
    replied
    knicks for me ... they lost lopez who was a solid last year, replaced him with Noah who has played at a higher level than lopez but that was 2 years ago and is on the decline with age and injuries ... i really like noah i think most people to because he is a person who maximized his talent with hustle and determination but once your over 30 maintaining that high energy level is hard to maintain ... i am 31 and fit and i have tons of strength and stamina but i can tell my ever so slight decline from my prime, i know my stamina is not what it was when i was 20, and it takes me longer to recover, Noah is a pro athelete, has all the help money can provide but time is not on his side

and Rose same deal, last year i believe (could be wrong) it seemed like he would have 1 great game, 1 ok, and 1 bad, he could never be consistent in providing that all star performance, and its only going to get worse ... the only thing that age doesnt effect is your shot and he has none

KP is a great talent but i think he is one more year away from being what they need on a nightly basis

Melo, never been a fan, one of the best all around offensive players in nba history, but no defense, no team play and getting old fast, i never feel that he is the type of player that rises to the occasion when things get tough

courtney lee i dont know much about, seems a solid player but never a person to put u over the top and the bench is empty,

Knicks aint going anywhere, and if they somehow make it, its probably facing us or Cleveland so they have not much hope there
    and there is always Dolan waiting in the wings to mess shit up

Leave a comment:

• Just Is
    replied
    I honestly thought it was Boston until I talked with some casual fans (which also reminded me why I don't talk sports too much outside of here except in generalities) but it is FAR and AWAY the Knicks.

Like it's genuinely surprising.

Leave a comment:

• JamesNaismith
    replied
    It's Boston.

I don't think it's fair in a way to say the Knicks because no one really outside of Stephen A Smith is delusional enough to think that they will do any real damage. Most people pick them 6th seed and lower from what I've seen and that does seem pretty damn realistic so I don't see how they can be considered overrated.

Boston feels like this year's "Wizards" or "Bucks" from yester year where some team is always pegged to be as good or better than us and then they turn out overrated. Now I don't think that BOS will disappoint anywhere near what the aforementioned names did because they have an AWESOME coach and system. Their players are also too gritty and play too tough to wash out like those 2 did but way too many have them pegged above us when they are yet to prove it. Al should take them up a peg or so, so they could finish between 51-54Ws which I do think we will finish close to as well but I just don't like when so many are so quick to pick them ahead of us despite our previous season's record. It will be interesting. I just haven't heard enough people's take on CHI to call them overrated or not but I certainly don't think they'll be anything greater than a 6th seed personally.

I also disagree with all the people thinking Indy is going to slip badly because of their defence. Yes I know, I know...they lost Vogel and their defence did play a part in their "success"/mediocrity. But I'm willing to bet anyone right now that they finish with a better record and get to the 2nd round. Teague, Thad, Al Heffe and a starting and year matured Turner are going to make a big difference. Last year it was like pulling teeth for PG to find help on the offensive end. I know they leave some to be desired on the defensive end but I don't see how are starting line up is that much better when you look at them...just saying. While I do think we'd still beat them I'd prefer DET, CHI, NYK or ORL.

Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied
    I think it's Boston. Most overrated team in the East at the moment.. but I'm kinda worried about them. FU*K GREEN.

Leave a comment:

• Joey
    replied
    I think Indy's biggest issue is getting over the loss of Vogel. He was a great Coach, and their second winningest, and 2nd longest tenured Coach ever; which is pretty crazy.

I'm saying Boston and Indy on this, thought I voted Boston, only because so many places have them finishing above us, and that just ain't cool.
    Last edited by Joey; Thu Sep 15, 2016, 09:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    Indy and Boston. I really don't like what Larry legend did with the pacers

Leave a comment:

• psrs1
    replied
    1. Knicks
    2. Indy
    3. Boston
    4. Bulls.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Charlotte is in your poll twice (?) and I don't think too many people rate them so high. And everybody is pretty much off the Wizards Wall-Beal bandwagon, so I wouldn't have them in the poll either.

I'd agree with WJF, the Raps should be in the mix. There's a faction of people who felt the Raps stars (Lowry/DD) and Casey's offense got exposed in the playoffs and they were lucky to get out of the first round.
    Yeah.. I saw that right after I pressed the go button and now there is no correcting it which is unfortunate.
    I would have included Orlando in that slot and would still have left out the Lebrons, Raps, Philly, Brooklyn, Miami and Detroit.

The Raps are generally viewed as falling back this year by the ESPN/CBS/US Media crews so hard to put them up as over rated when the current wisdom from the mainstream NBA media has them regressing this year.
    Philly and Brooklyn don't fit the narrative as they will be crappy. Philly less crappy than their 10 win season last year and the Nets probably worse than their 15-16 season. Until the Bosh issue is settled in Miami the Heat are off the board. From my cheap seat most of the thoughts and predictions coming out about the Pistons are along the lines of them being an improved team to a dark horse to get home court ....but nothing like the river of shit flowing outta Boston.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X