Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the most overrated team in the East this year ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn the irony of this thread right about now..

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
      Damn the irony of this thread right about now..
      Still lots of runway left in the season.

Celtics are winning on the back of a nightly heroic effort by Isaiah Thomas. It's awesome to watch but is it going to be sustainable over a 90 games stretch of reg season and playoffs ? Debatable..... The Whiz have come out of nowhere and have played well and have had the good fortune of no injuries so far...but it's hard to ignore that Brittle Brad Beal hasn't made it through a season in his career.

The Lebrons haven't been as dominant as the August view said they would be which is surprising and viewed in the context of meeting expectations and where they actually are in the here and now might make Cleveland overrated.

The Knicks are in death spiral yet again and the winner of team turmoil so far, the Bulls, are slowly sliding into the lottery.

Jury still out on the Pacers and coach Bud has the Hawks in the dance.

The Pistons and Hornets and Bucks have all underachieved so far. The Bucks can't catch a break. As Middleton comes back Parker goes out for a while. Hope that knee responds well.

Framed against their hot start the Raps six week skid has put them in the somewhat disappointing category. Peeled back a layer or two the Raps are still ten games over 500 while playing through the inevitable injuries that teams all face and have played through the the bulk of the schedule imbalances that all teams..except maybe Cleveland gets from the NBA schedule maker. A 20 and 10 finish with their fair share of injury concerns behind them gets them 2nd or 3rd and that would bode well going into the post season.

The Heat are a mirage. The Nets are bad beyond belief and the Magic are an epic fail. The Hinkies are still setting up for next year as they have been for the last four years running and between spurts of actual winning ball show they are still a work in progress. A lot of work.
      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Feb 12, 2017, 11:23 AM.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
        Hey DanH you are one of the most knislegeable posters on those site but do you think you might want to reconsider your preseason assessment of Celtics?
        Nope. The Celtics have a +3.2 net rating on the year. Last year they had a +3 net rating. They are getting lucky with their winning rate compared to their net rating. They were 5th in the league in defence last year, and have dropped to 20th.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

It's clear the most overrated team in the East is the Raptors, lol.

56 wins is such a pipe dream.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
            Nope. The Celtics have a +3.2 net rating on the year. Last year they had a +3 net rating. They are getting lucky with their winning rate compared to their net rating. They were 5th in the league in defence last year, and have dropped to 20th.
            I agree. The Raptors aren't as bad as their current slide and the Celtics aren't as good as their curren run.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

It's still the Knicks.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                It's still the Knicks.
                I thought it's universally understood that the Knicks are now the worst team in pro sports, lol.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  I thought it's universally understood that the Knicks are now the worst team in pro sports, lol.
                  They are. The only ones who don't know it are the Knocks fans themselves.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Working...
                  X