Let's predict the stats for our guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's predict the stats for our guys!

Points, rebounds, assists, blocks, steals... You can go on with games played/started, minutes per game, T/0, +/- and so on if you want to... Yeah!

Kyle Lowry 17 pts 5 rebounds 6 assists 2 steals
    DeMar DeRozan 21 pts 4 rebounds 4 assists 1.5 steals
    DeMarre Carroll 9 pts 5 rebounds 2 assists 1 steal
    Jared Sullinger 12 pts 9 rebounds 2 assists .5 steals .5 blocks
    Jonas Valanciunas 14.5 pts 11 rebounds 2 assists 2 blocks
    Cory Joseph 7 pts 3 assists 3 rebounds 1 steal
    Terrence Ross 8 pts 2 rebounds 1 steal 2 assists
    Norman Powell 30pts 10 rebounds 10 assists 5 steals 5 blocks
    Patrick Patterson 9 pts 4 rebounds 2 assists
    Jacob Poeltl 5 pts 5 rebounds 1 block 1 assist
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
      Lol why woud played with everybody stats but Norman's? smh

Comment

Demar Derozan - 23.4pts/4.9rbs/4.4ast/1.4stl/0.3blk / .454FG%/.351 from deep/ .852 FT% in 36 minutes

Kyle Lowry - 18.9pts/4.8rbs/6.7ast/2.0stl/0.3blk / .431FG%/.361 from deep/ .797 FT% in 33 minuets

Jonas Valanciunas - 14.1pts/10.3rbs/1.3ast/0.5stl/1.7blk / .555FG%/ .803 FT% in 29 minutes
        Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
          Lol why woud played with everybody stats but Norman's? smh
          Just seeing if people were paying attention lol
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I see what you did there
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

We tease about Powell but his idol Russell Beastbrook is about to put up numbers close to that minus the blocks....Russ is going to go absolutely HAM! Should be everyone's #1 pick in their fantasy pool.

As for Norm, I think he's going to average around 12-14ppg. Pretty much what we hoped Ross would do consistently and eventually in a year or two he'll push 15+ppg and become 6 God of the Year.

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                We tease about Powell but his idol Russell Beastbrook is about to put up numbers close to that minus the blocks....Russ is going to go absolutely HAM! Should be everyone's #1 pick in their fantasy pool.

As for Norm, I think he's going to average around 12-14ppg. Pretty much what we hoped Ross would do consistently and eventually in a year or two he'll push 15+ppg and become 6 God of the Year.
                That would be great but I don't see norm getting the minutes to hit 12-14 ppg. We still have Ross and cojo. Norm can work at the 3 but he's better off at the 2 for sure.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
                  That would be great but I don't see norm getting the minutes to hit 12-14 ppg. We still have Ross and cojo. Norm can work at the 3 but he's better off at the 2 for sure.
                  Norm will be the back up 2 and Ross will be the back up 3 (being that we don't have one and who knows if Carroll can even last a full season)

Comment

JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                    Norm will be the back up 2 and Ross will be the back up 3 (being that we don't have one and who knows if Carroll can even last a full season)
                    I don't think it's as clear cut as that. The two PG lineup was the key to our success last year. CoJo is going to be playing a lot of SG again. Ross and Powell will probably be fighting over about 20-25 minutes between them.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                      I don't think it's as clear cut as that. The two PG lineup was the key to our success last year. CoJo is going to be playing a lot of SG again. Ross and Powell will probably be fighting over about 20-25 minutes between them.
                      We also dont have a clear cut 4th big so we may see more 4-out lineups this year. We also should continue to work toward reducing Lowry's minutes. Ross and Powell may fight for minutes, but i think its unclear how many will be up for grabs.

It's also worth reminding people that Ross is far and away our best 3pt shooter, and we still have a fairly weak roster in that respect. I think that alone continues to earn him minutes.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by white men can't jump; Sat Sep 17, 2016, 09:48 AM.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        We also dont have a clear cut 4th big so we may see more 4-out lineups this year. We also should continue to work toward reducing Lowry's minutes. Ross and Powell may fight for minutes, but i think its unclear how many will be up for grabs.

It's also worth reminding people that Ross is far and away our best 3pt shooter, and we still have a fairly weak roster in that respect. I think that alone continues to earn him minutes.

Yeah, it is unclear exactly how many will be up for grabs, but that 25 MPG number is as optimistic as I can get.

Right now, in terms of rotation, you have to think something along these lines:

KL (34 - best case), CJ (14)
                        DD (36), CJ (12)
                        DC (30 - best case), backup 3 (18)
                        PP (28), JS (20)
                        JV (30), JS (8), LN/JP (10)

That's 18 minutes to SPLIT between Ross and Powell. 18 isn't really enough for ONE of them.

You could make the most extreme rotation shrinking assumptions to maximize those minutes, and it would look like this:

KL (34), CJ (14)
                        DD (36), CJ (12)
                        DC (20), backup 3 (28)
                        PP (28), DC (10), JS (10)
                        JV (30), JS (18)

Then you have 28 MPG, in IMO the most extreme frontloading of smaller players you could conceivably get away with on a nightly basis. About enough for ONE of those two players to get decent minutes. Tough to play each 14 MPG - to get better flow with lineups at some point one beats out the other (I'm sure we all have a favourite for that) to take all the minutes.

Any real minutes the two both manage to get will be a result of a trade or injury as far as I can see.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post

The advantage Powell might have (might have) over Ross is that Powell (Small Sample Size Alert!) seems like a pretty consistent, reliable rotation player. Plug him in and you can expect to get basically the same performance night after night and, if you give him more touches, he produces more. Ross' inconsistency/unreliability has always been his biggest issue.

For right now, they still have a second year guy in Powell who may or may not have a sophomore slump, an inconsistent shooter in Ross (who doesn't really do much else) and DC coming off of an injury plagued campaign. It may look like they've got too many bodies at the moment but I suspect that at some point this season we'll be welcoming the depth on the perimeter....

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                            The advantage Powell might have (might have) over Ross is that Powell (Small Sample Size Alert!) seems like a pretty consistent, reliable rotation player. Plug him in and you can expect to get basically the same performance night after night and, if you give him more touches, he produces more. Ross' inconsistency/unreliability has always been his biggest issue.

For right now, they still have a second year guy in Powell who may or may not have a sophomore slump, an inconsistent shooter in Ross (who doesn't really do much else) and DC coming off of an injury plagued campaign. It may look like they've got too many bodies at the moment but I suspect that at some point this season we'll be welcoming the depth on the perimeter....
                            Umm that was kinda my point in terms of we may easily get them all out on the floor enough for their roles.

Oh and Ross can do other things, especially defensively, but as the rest of his game he's very inconsistent. With his height/length and footspeed, he can actually be our best backcourt defender at times...just not often enough unfortunately.

Powell definitely seems to have the better head for a pro, but yeah, we'll see how much progress he makes this year.

A lot of people seem to be in love with Norman right now...but yeah as long as Ross is far and away our best catch and shoot player and is that athletic, he'll get some minutes. Norman's shot would have to be much better this year, and Carroll will need to be much healthier.

Comment

Working...
                            X