Head Coach Rankings 2016/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Casey was on "Open Court" coaches edition with Rivers, Thibs, D'Antoni and Portland's coach(can't remember his name right now)
    Terry Stotts. Fun fact, he was also an assistant on that 2011 Mavericks team Casey was on.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
      Terry Stotts. Fun fact, he was also an assistant on that 2011 Mavericks team Casey was on.
      Yeah, I know come up on the episode.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
        Oh, you mean like blaming a Game 7 playoff loss on one specific player...

https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...in_game_7.html

Torts couldn't have said it any better. LOL.

Listen, Casey is a great guy and decent coach with unbelievable people skills, but he does have that one tiny little character flaw. There are lots of examples.
        Was Casey blaming Ross for the loss, or simply describing one specific play (which happened to be the last play)?

Comment

I would've guessed being a final 4 team last year, would mean Casey's in the top 10 (at the very least).

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Was Casey blaming Ross for the loss, or simply describing one specific play (which happened to be the last play)?
            Is there a difference when speaking to the media? Fact remains he singled out a player as the culprit on the game-losing play. If that's not throwing a player under the bus... Very easy to describe that play without mentioning specific failures of specific players, or better yet to say it shouldn't have come down to one play, which it shouldn't have, and wouldn't have, if the coach didn't have a love affair with the worst player on his team and kept sending him out Scola-style to tank the team's chances to win.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/10/10...jays-bandwagon

“Not really,” Casey said Monday when asked about planning to dial the all-stars back a bit.
              There's more context but that's the gist of it.

Also out of context and has nothing to do with coaching, Sully:
              Well…there’s this thing behind me called my butt. My mom gave me it. That. That’s my style, thanks Mom, I know you get tired of me talking about your butt but you gave it to me. Sorry
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                Maybe yes or maybe no... all the post was intended to do was to bring to light that if you juxtaposed the names of the GM/Coach for the Celts the narrative would be questioned or dismissed as outlandish because of who the names are. ...
                Or perhaps it would be dismissed because of the actions associated with the names, due to the fact nothing like that happened in Boston. Plus Stevens hasn't been lauded for his culture as much as his intelligence and demeanor as a coach. Boston didn't have a culture issue like we did; they were turning the page from the Paul Pierce/Garnett championship era and were undergoing a rebuild; all of which happened under Ainge who brought in a new coach.

You couldn't pick a more different scenario than ours.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                  Is there a difference when speaking to the media? Fact remains he singled out a player as the culprit on the game-losing play. If that's not throwing a player under the bus... Very easy to describe that play without mentioning specific failures of specific players, or better yet to say it shouldn't have come down to one play, which it shouldn't have, and wouldn't have, if the coach didn't have a love affair with the worst player on his team and kept sending him out Scola-style to tank the team's chances to win.
                  I had to google the 2013-14 roster. I honestly forgot who you were referring to.

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    I got the impression that terry and case were assistants Karl's very good Seattle teams

Comment

I had to google the 2013-14 roster. I honestly forgot who you were referring to.
                      I will never forget. Those minutes were honestly more painful and harmful to the team than Scola's were last year and that's a tough bar to clear.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I will never forget. Those minutes were honestly more painful and harmful to the team than Scola's were last year and that's a tough bar to clear.
                        Assuming the painful memory we are referring to is

Don't worry guys, he was totally wide open..

Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Casey loves his #SavvyVets though

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                            Or perhaps it would be dismissed because of the actions associated with the names, due to the fact nothing like that happened in Boston. Plus Stevens hasn't been lauded for his culture as much as his intelligence and demeanor as a coach. Boston didn't have a culture issue like we did; they were turning the page from the Paul Pierce/Garnett championship era and were undergoing a rebuild; all of which happened under Ainge who brought in a new coach.

You couldn't pick a more different scenario than ours.
                            It wasn't about the scenario. It was a subtle point about names and what those names evoke. So without an ounce of subtlety what I was getting at was a perception that :

Most anything written with the name Stevens = Good
                            Most anything written with name Casey = Bad

Doesn't bother me one way or the other your views on Casey or Stevens as good/bad, overrated/underrated, innovator/pragmatist. Just highlighting that in this constituency one can generally predict reaction and negative/positive tone based on the name in the article/story/post.
                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Oct 11, 2016, 04:22 PM.
                            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                            - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                              It wasn't about the scenario. It was a subtle point about names and what those names evoke. So without an ounce of subtlety what I was getting at was a perception that :

Most anything written with the name Stevens = Good
                              Most anything written with name Casey = Bad

Doesn't bother me one way or the other your views on Casey or Stevens as good/bad, overrated/underrated, innovator/pragmatist. Just highlighting that in this constituency one can generally predict reaction and negative/positive tone based on the name in the article/story/post.
                              Not to generalize here.... but when you try to make general statements which generalize perceptions held by a theoretical generic forum poster, it generally triggers a negative reaction. That was your first mistake. lol.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                                Not to generalize here.... but when you try to make general statements which generalize perceptions held by a theoretical generic forum poster, it generally triggers a negative reaction. That was your first mistake. lol.
                                Generally speaking of course. But at least our general manager generates positivity from this generation of fans.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X