Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any chance we get our hands on Griffin next summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any chance we get our hands on Griffin next summer?

Was just wondering. Thoughts?

We aren't in his radar, nor he is the type of player that fits in the Raptors culture.

Comment

Only if we lose Lowry and shed other salaries, so no. And even then, no.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        Only if we lose Lowry and shed other salaries, so no. And even then, no.
        Basically this. If we lose Lowry we can afford Griffin, if we lose Lowry why does Griffin want to come here?
        twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

None.

Comment

Peter Griffin?
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
              Peter Griffin?
              Yes.

Seriously, I was just looking at potential players we could get via free agency next summer that could possibly bring us to championship level, and the only possible option I saw was Blake Griffin.

IMO, it's going to be hard to win it all with that team without another star level player. But I'm one of those optimistic guys so I'll keep believing in my favorite ball club

Comment

Any addition will likely be via trade. Start there, not with free agents.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I guess that means Ibaka's out too.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    I guess that means Ibaka's out too.
                    Can trade for Ibaka! Just need ORL to suck, then ideally get Ibaka cheap so we have his Bird Rights.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If we trade one of Ross or Carroll (or both...) and even guys like Nogueira, Caboclo and Wright... and if it takes it, Joseph or/and Powell, and don't bring back Patterson, could we get him?

Comment

Well we don't even know what changes might be made to sign and trade rules (although I doubt they agreed to make them easier to pull off). I don't think we should completely ignore the possibility of acquiring free agents. Although it would be very difficult.

Comment

I really think we should be aiming for Milsap but in order to get him we need to be prepared to trade Ross, 2pat, and probably at least 2 picks realistically. I think its worth it, but only time will tell. We also need those two players to play better then they have. 2pat regressed last year and while his intangibles are insane he hasn't been what he used to be. We also need atlanta to not be in a position to make the playoffs this year.

Comment

Can trade for Ibaka! Just need ORL to suck, then ideally get Ibaka cheap so we have his Bird Rights.
                            If Orlando sucks, it could possibly mean that Ibaka sucks too or maybe those rumors of his age being older are true, which would make for a difficult decision. Or it could also mean that the roster fit is terrible. That Magic front-court rotation does seem like a bit of a head-scratcher with Vuc, Biz, Ibaka, Green, Gordon and Hezonja. And then you've got a point guard, Payton, who can't shoot and a SG, Fournier, who can't defend.

Comment

I have a better chance of getting a smoking hot gf than Raptors getting Griffin.

So, they basically have no chance.
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                              X